#Rigidity# of mod

I noticed that the innovation of mod has been difficult to achieve. Most mods only modify the map, which is good. However, the shortcomings of terrain tools and the lack of rendinst make our map not fine enough (I created some lounges in Kroll opera house before, and the placement of rendinst is driving me crazy!).

Moreover, players will also be tired of the terrain in only a few large maps. We have been asking for interesting functions such as PvE, but where does it go? We can’t even find AI bombers (called by Stalingrad radio operators) and sticky TNTs in the editor.

We can’t improve the light either. We cannot adjust the lighting accurately to make it more realistic. Compared with the light source adjusted by the developer on the map, the light source we manually placed is simply clumsy.

Besides, mod has no profit: whether it’s a player or a producer. I think we should give players some experience benefits - developers can evaluate our mod to make sure it is not used to gain points illegally.
At the same time, we hope that developers can review all our mods and choose the interesting ones: I know the official is already doing this, but it’s not enough. Some mods that are slightly less interesting, but delicate and fun, have been ignored. They don’t get attention and experience, which makes players don’t want to play, and mod makers are sad because of wasting effort.(It’s me :cold_sweat:)

I remember Keo said that the editor would be updated. Compared with the bt7a provided by the event, I hope more World War II vehicles will be added to the editor and allow AI to control them.
Hope ENLISTED gets better and better, don’t make players give up updating mods.

1 Like

The current mod system doesn’t make money for the developer team for the game, so they probably lack the incentive to do a massive update for this.

Perhaps for the time being, most of the work has been put into the development of the arcade mode campaign, adding some new premium paid squads, which can bring more immediate financial benefits.

This is completely understandable, game development teams are not philanthropists, they need to work and bring in financial income.

I think the development team might need some way to make money from mods, so they might be more motivated to develop for mods.

For example, adding some paid feature packs or material packs, as a mod player, I am also happy to buy them, but all of this depends on more detailed design and improvement.

2 Likes