Rifle grenade launchers

Currently rifle grenades can be fired from the shoulder while standing.
I understand that we have army of superhumans but in my opinion it would be better to have proper animations for usage of the rifle grenades.
My idea is to allow to shoot RGs only from crouch position and give option to use sights (I’m sure sights are in development or at least are planed). As an exchange for that, increase a bit the explosion radius.

Also for the future add smokes and AT variants.

3 Likes

Was it really used like that?
Schiessbacher grenade launcher has proper sights on the side of the rifle, that would be impossible to use if the gun was mounted like on your photo. (btw. I would love to see those sights fully usable instead of lobbing the grenade and hoping that you will calculate the distance properly)

Current projectile model for Schiessbacher is the AT variant. But sadly it works like a standard grenade launcher.

As far as I know that was preferred way of using them due to larger recoil than when shooting regular bullet (conservation of momentum thing).

It has 2 scales, you can see only one of them (for the direct fire). The second one is on the bottom of the sights.

You can barely see it here.

1 Like

That’s for indirect usage…

The rifles were in fact shot from the shoulder.

There are various reports stating that the recoil pouch was way less hard than a bullet…

1 Like

That sights are still mend to be used/ fired in the shoulder…

Okay, thanks for clarification

Hmmm, what I found was that it was advised to fire from the ground.
Although I have to admit that I didn’t make full scale “research” on that topic.

Yeah in indirect fire with proper cover shooting the rifle with the stock in the leg was the way to go.

That’s also stated on German side that soldiers got used to the angle of the grenades /trajectory and the sights were less and less used… There are videos from ww2 with said grenades bn used.

So indirect - shoulder, direct - knee?

I also found that. But for game purposes we can (and should) have it.
In the worst case scenario noobs will use it and pros will be skillful enough to not use it.

Here

After 8 min shooting with the stock on the ground without sights.
End of the movie shooting with sights on shoulder.

I advice to see all the movie…

Direct fire was shoulder
Indirect on the ground.

3 Likes

Guy says that it’s better to fire indirect, but we already have super soldiers that can snipe you, while being on fire so it’s not a big deal.

True, doing something with AT rifles should be first when considering unrealistic shooting stances.

Anyway this post turned out to be pointless.
If any moderator see this, please close or delete it.

If they improve the weapon mounting system that would be a start. ADS times for heavy weapons are still too fast imo

IMO there’s no need to change them and make them somehow harder to use. They are already very slow to equip/put on rifles/reload. Just let them be.

IMO we already screw up team served weapons - no reason rifle grenades should be treated any better!

But on to some evidence:

All rifle grenades came with sights - and the sights would give you massive elevations if you were shooting at any range.

Eg see this guy demoing a German one - showing how it is used at 8:20

See also this video quoting regulations:

Soviet:

And see it in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEwstAUS58 (Russian language - doens’t show it actually being used but has some footage of using teh sight)

1 Like

Big thanks for the materials, I will watch it all later.

I hope they will be reworked one day. It would be really big shame if they won’t do that.

I wouldn’t mind an alternative firing mode for added range but as others have said the recoil forces for a rifle grenade did not preclude direct fire methods. This wasn’t like the Japanese knee mortar.

I have owned an M1 Carbine with grenade launcher sights. Now, granted, I never actually got to use it with a rifle grenade of any sort, but I recall the actual sight being useable when standing. In fact I think the only way you could use the rifle grenade sight with the butt on the ground would be to be prone behind it. I can’t speak whatsoever in regards to full-sized rifles firing rifle grenades, which includes the degree of recoil that would be experienced from shoulder-firing one (which, even if the recoil is intense, it might be more of a gradual push rather than one violent WHACK; different self-loading firearms have different recoil impulses after all).

The grenade launcher sights are indeed present for the M1 Carbine w/ Grenade Launcher, which I was delighted to see. A shame it can’t actually be used. I should hope that the kar98k rifle grenade, because it has the far more potent 8mm blank to propel it, either has a larger explosive payload and/or can be launched with further distance/better accuracy.