Riders have now become completely obsolete. Remove them

you drop paras, a dude or a couple of dudes see your plane, they are shooting you, probably most of your squad won’t land or in case you land, GOOD BYE,they are awaiting you, they are SO visible compared to the biker

I agree. The only reason why riders exist is to have a bike. As if no other class could have it (like in case of APCs).

Completelly pointless class.

The class would have a use if you could slot them into existing squads, or if they introduced additional vehicles that riders can occupy.

Buuuut that’s an entire rework and a half, and DF can’t be trusted to implement something that requires thought.

The simplest, easiest solution, as harsh as it is, is to simply make the bike squad no longer available.

The other-other solution is to significantly reduce the ticket count of spawning the rider squad, so that they are budget squads for teams without much in the way of tickets.

1 Like

i have yet to understand what’s your issue with them lol.

if you don’t like them. don’t use them?

honey… not everything was made to appeal you.

so… according to the same logic, we should remove 95% of the content because X or Y don’t like them, and can’t find a way to use them?

as much i’d like to see a rework for them too, getting rid of them causes more harm than good lol.

i mean, it ain’t gonna get removed anyway, but like… does it bother you that other people uses them ( or don’t ) so much that you want to see them removed?

as much i share the:

it’s not the end of the day that they got separated.

less than ideal, but those who wants to use a bike and place a rally, let them do it.

or who wants to use an actual vehicle as a rally, let them do it too.

because because one thing might be apparently efficient than the other, the choice should still remain there for those who wants.

whether you like it or not.

even though we asked for reworks, and we haven’t got any.

2 Likes

Don’t stretch my logic. I’ve made it clear what the scope of the argument is. It strictly pertains to the Rider class, given its obsolescent nature.

You can replace Riders in the Rider squad with non-Riders, and even operate the Rider squad with no Riders at all. This is a non-issue.

One of the reasons why I’m advocating for this. They need a major rework that we’ll likely never see given DF’s track record of half-assing things.

You can tell they forgot about the existence of the Rider class when they announced APC Drivers will be its own separate class. It would have been easy for the new premium squads to be the Rider squad, but they apparently had to introduce a brand new class?

It’s either intentional or plain negligent.

2 Likes

Rider class should get personal rally point at the bikes location that only you can use. It can be used only twice and then motorbike self destroys itself.

First of all, riders can also equip assault rifles now, so there’s that.

The real problem with riders is there’s not enough motorcycles: first we need motorcycle for the Soviets, Japanese and Italians; then they can give us more variants and styles of motorcycles.

Finally, they can give us tracked vehicles like the kettenrad, the bren carrier, and the weasel. Some nations also used bicycle troops, which would be a great and stealthy way to get around a map, while also toning your calves and glutes.

1 Like

So can assaulters, which are not necessarily limited to the assaulter squad.

Propagate the problem to the other factions who don’t have to deal with the issue?

Sure, I too, like giving people damaged clocks to tell the time. Spread the love.

More vehicles are nice and all, but they compete with the new funni APC Rider squad.

I have no words.

There isn’t a problem though, other than the fact that there aren’t enough options. Just because you don’t like motorcycles doesn’t mean they are worthless. I find your argument uncompelling

3 Likes

Me “not liking motorcycles” was never the crux of the issue.

I gave you my rationale on the very first post, with neat bullet points that are based on fact.

You, and I suppose, everyone else, can refute the points I made- Though it seems like the thread has turned into a funny strawman competition where the issues raised were never addressed, so it became a question of my character.

1 Like

I have an idea for them let them be some form of reconnaissance unit so they can go into the Gray zone and set up traps or use them to flank the enemies if you’re in a Kill zone

and Everyone leave Stein_Grenadier alone we’re here to talk about things not discuss people’s character

I think the solution could be simple. Riders get labeled as Motorized Infantry and APC drivers get labeled as Mechanized infantry

They could make it so “Riders” can use motorcycles, armored cars, cars in general (like MG mounted jeeps), and “Mech Infantry” can use halftracks.

Although part of this has got me thinking do we even need a dedicated unique class for all these vehicle types. We might as well just make one single Vehicle driver. Tanks, motorcycles, etc

The funny part is that tanker crews with SMGs also exist.

So many different classes for whatever reason.

In reality we don’t need a driver class at all. Anybody can drive a truck or a motorcycle as a civilian, there didn’t need to be a specialty for it. Tankers are different because it takes training and coordination to operate a tank effectively.

Just because the class is unnecessary doesn’t mean the motorcycle squad is useless or should be removed, they just deserve more options. Riders are a totally optional class that can easily be ignored if you’re not interested in their specialized perks.

1 Like

I mean there could be two light vehicle type of units.

transport - function as mobile radio

scout - can call in artillery

the rider could thus be put into such class, where later BRs get light armored scout vehicles like Luchs

i mean seeing how they used to react from you i dont think they will

oh and btw idk what you said i said all i wanted and now im gonna mute this topic since it just a “remove class” topic instead of offering any solution unlike other topic

1 Like

Because, this game was meant to be diverse, somewhat HA, and not so P2W. You buy bikes premium just for fun and support dev. Not its strength.
APC premium is one of the product of only delivering P2W premiums. They use P2W to attract you to buy.

So… The radio squad? On a vehicle that’s incentivized to hide due to its fragility?

They’re still inherently undermanned, cost the same as regular infantry to spawn, and as loud as any other vehicle.

Except there are tech tree unlocks that are worse-off.

The US motorcycle squad had a better mg than the premium British squad, and even though you get one less soldier, you can choose their specialty so I would disagree with that point. It’s not worse, just different.

This really comes down to the lack of options from a neglected squad type. To reference my first response: they need more vehicles to choose from.

1 Like

I’m barbwiring and ap mining your entire spawn.