Requesting a detailed guide to adding tanks into our custom zombie maps

So this is my current work:

I have paid med boxes and ammo boxes correctly setup. Zombie spawns are tested and its working fine with my battle area correctly setup.

But here comes the tricky part: tanks.

Before you ask: Yes, i am very desperate in adding the ability to fight those tanks like in the event. Also, i am seeing 0 people in the sandbox having a zombie map with tanks(moving tanks to be exact: there is a russian-named mod that has a tank spawn working, but he has was using the same map as the event, which is not what i want.)
The problem i am facing is that i dont know how to set tank objectives (the coordinates are quick annoying), and tank spawn dont even work because this error:

The other “boss” of this topic is the NavMesh part.

Someone knowledgeable suggests that it works with this:

entity{
  _template:t="zombie_level_night"
  level__blk:t="content/enlisted/levels/battle_of_moscow_volokolamsk_countryside_winter_night.blk"
  level__patchNavMeshPath:t="content/base/levels/volokolamsk_zombie_nav_mesh_patch.bin"
  level__loadExtraNavMeshes:t="tank"
  level__latitude:r=-84.0
  level__timeOfDay:r=1.32

"level__renderFeaturesOverrides:object"{
    microdetails:b=yes
    clusteredLights:b=yes
    fullDeferred:b=yes
    downsampledShadows:b=yes
  }
}

Many thanks to anyone reading or helping this topic progress!

My current map right here if any1 wants to see it. You can remove “.txt” in the file name and put it into a new folder in your usergamemods folder so you can view it with the editor.
scene.blk.txt (52.8 KB)

2 Likes

Some guide in this post: [Info] Zombies Mode Modding

Need to add zombie_tank_objective entities and edit properties. Probably after that it should work fine.

If this problem appears then probably ignore it, but it would be better to try a bit edit aim point positions:

• Move some custom_ai_tank_objective_position (that you use as aim point) closer to player popular area/spawn point.

• Make sure that you moved aim points, but not destination points. Check in zombie_tank_objective entity and ai_tank_objective__aimAtPositionIds property. Id must be the same as you set in custom_ai_tank_objective_position entity.

No need to add it in your scene code. You already have level entity and it’s seems correct and probably should work fine with tanks. Because you already added level__loadExtraNavMeshes inside your level entity.

1 Like

I am a little bit confused pls help see if i have made any skill issue
scene.blk.txt (54.2 KB)
For now i will go add weapons stuff to the house

Also i heard that you can make the tanks look like other tanks. I wonder if it is possible to make the pz 4 j sound like and look like a ha-go, so that it fits my theme lol

My mod is half completed. Basically just need to tank thing to work
https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/o627Qgg0JRmjOu4E/

Sources that are not packed into a zip:
entities.blk.txt (4.7 KB)
scene.blk.txt (67.5 KB)

1 Like

Still same error messages and tanks don’t move? I’ll check it a bit later, but…

Maybe in zombie_tank_objective you didn’t add some destination points + some aim points uses same id? It also can be because of zombie_tank_spawn_zone__curPositionIdx. To reset it you need to select property and then click on R in lowest properties panel menu (it should be next to +, - and Close).

Problem is with ai. If you use another tank, then the AI will not work properly. I do not know why this is happening. Maybe because of the tags. You need to add using entities.blk…

Idk if the tanks move but i have never able to make them spawn
You may try by adding the zombie_ai_vehicle_tank_spawner to the array[0] in zombie_spawn_mode so that wave 1 has tanks. But they just dont appear
I have placed the tank spawn outside of the zombie battle area btw so it might be a problem (tho unlikely, since it says key error not navmesh error or sth similar)

Also off-topic but, sometimes zombies still lose target and go afk. I would like to know if a proper fix is discovered

ok i somehow got tank to spawn but they decided to climb a fking hill that they cant climb

I launched my mod to the game and this happened
entities.blk.txt (6.3 KB)
scene.blk.txt (86.5 KB)
Probably sth is wrong. Please, help me. The tank problem is somewhat solved

1 Like

Looks like you use wrong profile. Yep. You wrote zombie_profile_2.json in customProfile. You didn’t add %ugm/ if use custom profile. Or full path to file (it’s %enlSqGlob/data/zombie_profile_2.json).

wait i think i deleted it
ok nope lmao
let me try again

I deleted the custom profile and custom_profile entity but the error still exist
@Devenddar really what happened now
entities.blk.txt (6.3 KB)
scene.blk.txt (86.4 KB)

Probably you tried to join to team 2? Your scene contains only team 1. Also if you want to play as axis in team 1 then you need to set mixed (fictional) teams in post settings. If you want to see only japs then probably better edit team__id and set it 2. Because currently time custom matches teams a bit overrides scene teams.

Also it seems that eclipse doesn’t work properly in multiplayer, but i’m not sure.

I set japan to team 1 in the entity thing. That wont work?

I know i have set it to only allow fictional. I joined as japan on red side when i tested. It ahould be team 1

Oh i know what you mean now! I need to have 2 teams +reapawn_creators entity anyways. If i.dont want team 2 running around, i.just remove spawns.
I clearly had big skill issue:)
(Btw i left the respawn_on_water and on carrier online. Imagine people spawn as planes and bomb team1? That will be fun lol)