Replace the BF 109 G-10 with Fw 190 A-8

Main Idea:

greetings, today, i would like to suggest a replacement for the BF 109 G-10 with a Fw 180 A-8 for a few reasons.

Historicall Innacuracy

the first reason is, according to many sourches, BF 109s G10 were not deployed initially at the landing. insthead, only Bf109s G6 ( which it’s the first fighter plane that germans campaign offer. so it’s fair )
https://www.dday-overlord.com/en/material/aviation/messerschmitt-bf-109

and from the same site, as well as videos: https://youtu.be/DHVQM5PqDf0
https://www.dday-overlord.com/en/material/aviation/focke-wulf-fw-190

along side those mention g6, there were few squadrons of FW 190 A-8s.

which those planes are present in war thunder as well.

Gameplay Perspective

from gameplay perpective, the G10 it’s a straight upgrade from the G6. somewhat better armament but above all, it’s superior performance capability. and does not provide any different gamplay, or satisfactions due to no competitors of the G10 from the american side at all.

which again, it’s not fair if compared to a p51 american fighter.

here, you can see the differences between a bf109 g10 and a fw 190 A8:

and as you can see, those aircrafts are different.

In Conclusion:

the reasons why i would like to include it, it’s because it’s a different plane from the bf 109, it has the ability to carry 2 rockets , but above all, it’s an iconic airplane.

so yeah, those are the main reasons on why i would like to replace the g10. so that german players do not strictly get access to a better plane insthead of something different like the m1 garand and m1 carbine ( ideally ).
something new and fresh. as i said, doesn’t have to be powerfull than the g6. but provide different gameplay.

hell if i just grinded just for the same plane that i had before.

1 Like

You mean fw-190? it would absolutely be the best fighter in the game if they add it…
It won’t solve the issue you want to solve

4×20mms and 2×13mms plus the same rockets as the BF-110?

If you give the guns HE (like most planes in game) it gonna rule the sky…
And the ground cus its a 20mm HE…

you see, it would be much easier for me to fucking post the pictures, but guess what. this crambling server based on reserves of sick hamsters, does not me allow to do shit.

EVEN EDITING THE THREADS TAKE AROUND 30 MINUTS

Yeah same here, literally took full min for the “comment” to be sent

nope.

it wouldn’t be the best aircraft of the game.

now that i finally managed to post the picture, you can see the comparisons.

that’s why i prefer have a FW 190 rather another Bf 109 G at the end of the campaign. it’s legit just a G6 but more powerfull and don’t forget that it wasnt’ even present.

while the Fw was present, it’s an iconic plane, and above all, worthed to be in the line up.

it ain’t that much different/better from a P51 either:
https://wiki.warthunder.com/P-51C-10

Yeah, I would support this.

But what armament would be fair to give the Fw-190 considering that the P-51 is still using the 100 pound bombs?

2 rockets.

in war thunder, the Fw 190 A8 has two rockets.

1 Like

I guess your proposal is not based on OBT experiences?
Right now the G-6 has a better climb speed, a better turn time but most important:

1. A 250kg bomb while the G-10 has the pylon for itbut now Bomb
  2. Is not bugged like the G-10…which will simply keep on firing and empty the MGs after the Motor MG151reaches 0 Ammo.
    So right now there is no reason at all to play the G-10:

That said: I have nothig at all against a Fw 190 instead of the G-10. Can be the F-8 or any other nontempory model since the game doesn’t care if it was present on D-Day or not (tanks and infantry weapons are at least in no way restricted by it. Well the campaign is also not named D-Day but invasion of Nomrandy.
Maybe when the campaign gets extended, a FW 190 F-8 as an upgrade plane to the 110 if it’s no 410 like in Berlin.
No matter what the P-51 should get 2x250lb instead of the 100lbs that’s beyond qeustioning.

1 Like

You know that The g10 comes after the g6, right?

So you know, I had to test it, and I have both?

The g6 it’s worse than the g10 in terms of performance. The only reason why it excels and still being used, it’s because it can carry bombs.

While the g10 doesn’t

So that’s why I suggested the fw?

The g10 despite having no bombs, its incredibly fast at the point of almost out maneuvering A20s.
Leaving no chances for p51s either as dog fighter on steroids.

While an FW, has all rights to join and replace the G10.

But that’s My opinion I guess

I have both, too that’s why I ask.
The G-10 currently outperforms the P-51 C-10 in pure flight characteristics but is
not in a playable state at all. As I said…guns are bugged and the Bomb is missing.
So I concluded that your judgement can’t be based on an actual gameplay problem -
nobody I using the G-10 because of the aforementioned reasons.

Well the G-6 should be worse than the G-10. At least historicly. Right now the stats in game show otherwise. If these stats are correct I would think and hope that this is because of the unrefined beta status and not the intended final values.
By testing it I would assume that the values are wrong and the G-10 is actually faster and moreresponive than the G-6. But it’s nearly overresponsive…wobbly and unprecise.
But it doesnÄt matter if the shown stats are right or wrong the missing bomb and the bugged cannons
puts the G-10 on the reserve bench. While I’ve seen matches with two allied planes the german side only ever had 1 plane in all matches I’ve been and it’s too much of a loss if that plane is not able to affect the ground war with at least one Bomb.

Anyways adding the A-8 is one solution I would appreciate. As an alternative a P-51 D-5 instead of the P-38 J or as a lvl 26+ unlock would be a solution from the other side of the problem.

I’m not really worried with this “high tier” problem right now as especially the Vehicles after ~lvl 15 seem to be pretty much WIP. The Ju 188 was barely able to do any horizontal movements without getting into a death spiral and dropped me out of the game for inactivity after ~30 seconds flying it but every week brought small improvments. And there will be the time during Beta when they adress the hightier planes, too I hope the Berlin CBT doesn’t affect their attention for the problems in the OBT campaings.

pretty much debatable i’m afraid.

i mean, not having bombs it’s the only “nerf” that this plane has.

exept it is, because the g6 it’s slighty better than any fighter in this game. as such, i don’t see why the g10 should be a thing.

that’s not truee?

yeah. it has been said in the Q & A that vehicles are getting reworked. and that’s why we should prevent the g10 being even better than what it is now.

i disagree.

another reason on why must be replaced cuz does not bring interestr?

well, as far as i can tell, that’s the job of that 1 plain. not being able to let the others use their airplanes. or at least it’s what i do.

yes

sorry but i think that it’s unrelated.

because we are speaking of the current g10 against the other planes.

agreed… can’t do much about there.

already made trilions of bug reports about each single one of them.

Being in a playable state would involve having guns which will stop to fire after releasing the mousebutton instead of emtying themselfes completely. Than it would be playable at least in a pure A2A role. And pure A2A is again of debateable usefulness considered that only one german plane at once can be up in the air and thus a german team with a G-10 up is without any CAS (Jumbo says hello!).

And with the nerf you are correct…the bomb is a nerf, the guns are a bug. Both combined is a reason to use the G-6.

I’m not shure if I would sign the part with “better than any fighter”. 0.06 sec better turntime than the P-51 but ~40 km/h slower (and a worse energy retention). If the P-51 would receive it’s 2x250lbs bombs they would be perfectly en par in my personal opinion. Plane vs Plane I prefere the .50cals but that is a subjective preference since I’ve got the impression that the volume of fire of the .50s is more reliable with crippling the controls of the enemy plane. The MG 151 lacks the punch of the Minengeschosse which is present in warthunder.

well, ok. You are obviously using it and “nobody” was a generalization. But in ~100h battle time I’ve seen ONE G-10 (expept my own).

Just compared it to the warthunder G-10 in sim mode and it foundet my Impression.
There the controls feels smother. A gradual increase of reaction depending on input while in Enlistedwhere the reaction of the plane seems to be expotential. Butt well beta…

If that’s a reason for you, the Jumo is just a staright upgrade from the vanilla M4
and the P-38J is even less different from it’s predecessor. These would be replacement candidates, too following this logic.

Yes and no in my opinion. While the Heafy Fighters seem to fill the role of primary CAS with the ability to defend against other hvy. Fighter and harass bombers, the Fighters should - in my humble opinion - be the primary counter to other aircrafts but still being able to interact with the ongoing ground war. If you are only careing about other planes you are a loss to your time in the current state. As long as only a fighter or CAS can be in the air you rob your team from CAS support completely while you can’t deny CAS support for the other team. Yes you will probably kill every other plane but only after it has dropped it’s payload at least once.

Not unrelated at all. It’s a beta and for thus it’s futile to discuss the perfect way to balance things in an are where seemingly only the roughest work has been done at all. A desireable endresult should be the goal.
Furthermore exchanging the G-10 is on way to do it in tha current state, replacing the second P-38 (the J)
with a plane more comparable to the G-10 is an equally well suited solution. Just the possibility of a lvl 26+ unlock would be a solution for the future. I brought it up because it would be a possibility which doesn’t just mirror the other campaign tree ( means Allies/Axis not Nomrnandy/Moscow) - everybody gets an equivalent but not at the same time)

Besides all that a serious question for a productive discussion:
Yes a FW 190 would be a nice addition. Be it alone to have a FW. But is the F-8 really fitted for the environment Enlisted offers in terms of aircombat? Can it’s 4x20mm armament outweight 9m/s climb and 25 sec turntime.
Right now air combat takes place in a fishbowl where turntime and energy retention are king while rarely anything happens above 3000ft.
I’m not shure how the F-8 would fare in this cagefight.

It really is different, FW-190 is more comparable to P-47 thunderbolt (both are “heavy”/ pig fighter that carry similar CAS weapons)

The P51C will be worse in every way except turn fight and max speed that you cant hit anyway do to the altitude.

The 190 got better guns (and more of them),better CAS weapons, better flight model (from my experience), more armor, better performance at low altitude, WAY higher one second burst mass…