REMOVE ANTI PERSONEL MINES or atleast heavily nerf them

In my opinion, enlisted could push the required skill set further and further to find your way in the game. Where a competitive FPS gamer, a strategic mind from RTS games, and a casual gamer from single player games could achieve similar results.

I think a nerf of competitive fps players would be too risky, people would rebel, it would be one thing to increase the value of everything beyond that, in other words buff or add stuff unrelated to running and shooting. This could really bring some results, provided that the developers actually want it, because it seems to me more and more that they don’t.

I care most about the atmosphere of WW2, it is the most attractive to me for some reason and I wouldn’t play this game if it were otherwise. The new AI squad feature is a bit distasteful to me, considering how poorly developers develop it. I think I play this game more because of what this game can be in the future than what it is now, because now maybe shooting at stupid bots is cool, but I would be much more interested if these bots somehow imitated real soldiers on the battlefield.

1 Like

Yeah absolutely the game needs all types of folks to remain fiscally viable.

I do hope that when more ppl are attracted to it, they will split it between arcade and realistic modes as they have in WT.

The realistic mode can have suitable historical constraints imposed on it so that all those folks who like to get immersed in the WW2 millieu can do so, without getting bent out of shape over which BR or Tier a piece of equipment fits in, but focus on the Campaign/Map/Scenario and what was historically available at what reasonably abstracted ratios so that playing is still fun, but not over the top the way it is in most arcade implementations. That also goes for how the map/terrain interacts with the various models and how well the AI gets developed.

1 Like

I guess it’s about the time, according to the roadmap, the official premiere of the game take place soon, then tourists will come (I hope)

I think it could be fixed this way that it would take some time to set up such of an infantry mine on the ground instead of just throwing it mid run

People are already too lazy to build rallies because it takes some seconds to do so, it will reduce the usage greatly

1 Like

when someone suggested such a solution, keofox replied that there is mine activation time already. Where that’s not the point at all. The fact that the mine is activating itself is one thing, the fact that it has to be activated manually is another.

2 Likes

Seems like they have a big problem with understanding the contexts of such posts way too often then lol

1 Like

Yeah like having ap mines and at mines be an engineer building for the engi squad and at mines be an engi building for the at squad aswell and have them work like the at gun where you can only place one. They could work in enlisted only thing we need for them to not be unfair to fight against is to have the spamability reduced.

In my oppinion the engineer is the best squad for defence. Only that squad should have the ability to place ap mines

AP mines are actually a blessing to the game. it is the much needed equalizer to the massive run-run pew-pew gameplay.

instead of adapting, rushers require and demand to nerf the thing that kills them. it is the good old scissor saying “nerf rock! paper is fine tho”.

mines are specially useful to defend the first cap point. why? because the first push on the first cap has the entire enemy army spawning at once and force pushing at once. once people start dying, reinforcements fall out of phase and start coming in waves. but the first attack is the full brunt of the enemy pushing you. if you mine the target, you stop the first mindless rush.

the nerf requesters completely lack adaptability, or completely refuse to adapt.

there are many counters to AP mines. let me give you some examples:

1. let go of the “W” key for 5 seconds and slow the rush yourself before being stopped by blowing up to pieces by the mines.
  2. throw explosives at the suspected mined zone, blowing the mines.
  3. look around below waist level to try and spot the mines.
  4. dont use the absolutely most obvious and straight path to the objective, avoiding the mines.

in the event your point soldier gets blown by a mine, you have to adapt to that situation, by doing the following.

A) repeat to yourself 3 times: “i shouldnt have closed my eyes before rushing in”

B) repeat to yourself 3 times: “this place is mined, i rather be more careful when rushing in, or at least i should slow down and open my eyes”

C) repeat to yourself 3 times: “i will try to start using the mine counter tactics exposed in points 1 to 4, instead of rushing (as usual) to the forums asking for nerfs”

D) repeat to yourself 3 times: “since there was one mine, i can expect other places to be mined too. i will adapt to this battlefield situation, and increase my situational awareness accordingly”

E) repeat to yourself 3 times: “this is not quake arena, this is supposed to be a somewhat WW2 slow paced tactical f2p shooter, and acting accordingly, i will stop trying to change the core of the game to my personal liking”

1 Like

I hate the limit on hearts And this right here is what we needed as well as some of the Guardian Reaper stuff as well.

:blue_heart:

A) Most of the time German ap mines clip into the ground making it hard to see them even while actively looking for them.
B) There is no slowing down in enlisted currently seeing as berlin and stalingrad are close quarters maps that actively force you through choke points. The maps are simply to small for such a thing as slowing down. This is not escape from tarkov where tactics reward you with kills not rushing in and guning everyone down.
C) I only run explosive packs because i need them to destroy enemy tanks since my team is incapable to do it themselves most of the time, wasting them to get destroyed by enemy he shells is not a good strategy
D) You can’t see them even when actively looking for them because they clip into the ground most of the time.
E)This game curently is not slow paced, Battles last at most 30 minutes not 1 hour as most of you think, ap mines don’t help slowing the game down, they just make the game easier for the defending side.

I personaly don’t care if the game is slow paced or fast paced, my only problem with the game is that it promotes toxic strategies of spamming the point with mines then going to pick of the enemy team with stgs and tanks. After 10 minutes the game ends in a victory for the defenders, if you consider this being “slow paced tactical f2p shooter” gameplay then by all means keep insulting the people that actually want to have a casual fun gaming experience. I only play the soviets and seeing as berlin and stalingrad suffer the most from ap mine spam due to the maps being close quarters with a street thrown to the side.

1 Like

mined fields force me to slow down the pace, therefore i conclude there is no way to slow down the pace.

a very, very strange logical reasoning.

the other points you have make as much sense as this one, so i wont bother to actually answer each one by itself. they answer themselves if you actually read them in context, like for example “i have det packs that could blow the mines, but i rather not use them to blow the mines and complain about it” and other jewels.

My point is you CAN’T slow down in berlin and stalingrad because you get killed INSTANTLY.|

On much bigger maps such as those that were in Heroes and Generals mines will work well, but in enlisted we curently DON’T have big maps with a lot of playing area, for the soviets at high br.

If you bothered to read the thread you would have seen a fair change that makes only engi squads able to place mines as fortifications and only 1 per player, and at squad can place at mines with engineers.

But no instead of trying to see things objectively you admit you didn’t read the response entirely, and just put your bias and insults.

if you look around in the forums, this is not, by very far, the first suggestion to remove or nerf ap mines because of the spam. it is actually the current trend, together with impact grenades removal or nerf, because of the spam.

it was before, with remove or nerf the HVAR spam.
it was before, with remove or nerf the rifle nade spam.
it was before, with remove or nerf the molotov spam.
it was before, with remove or nerf the white phosphorous spam.
it was before, with remove or nerf the rifle nade (again) spam.

it is now, with remove or nerf the ap mine spam.
it is now, with remove or nerf the impact nade spam.

do you see a pattern, a particular word repetition there? they never, ever fixed the repeated issue, which seems to be, just by reading, the SPAM. they nerfed the items spammed, to the ground, instead of the SPAM. leading to reduced options for in game players that are in it for a more varied approach than rushing gun blazing, die and repeat.

it is never a good option to remove options and choices. it automatically leads to stagnant gameplay, which immediately turns to population loss.

there is ALWAYS a middle ground to meet. i will put an example of a way to nerf, but not remove, the mines. mind the reading.

while sprinting, a soldier mine detection amounts to zero. as long as the soldier is not sprinting, the soldier mine detection slowly increases by 0,5 meters, up to 2,5 meters at full stop. the mines in the radius will then be indicated by a blue mine icon, allowing the given soldier to just move to it and disarm. the mine icon turns red and blows if the soldier moves at faster than crouching base speed.

how do you like it?

Placing mines as a building might reduce the spam because you need a special squad to be able to place them, again you started replying without reading the whole thread.

I suggested that mines be placed by engineer squads only as a building and have them be one per player.

Not just spawn with 6 dudes and place mines at random on the point then go kill the enemy. How about you have to build them tactically around entrances and support other fortifications.

Sure HAVE MINES BUT AS AN ENGINEER BUILDING, THIS WAY YOU GET TO PLACE THEM, THEY RETAIN THE EXACT FUNCTIONALITY ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THEY CAN BE BUILDED ONLY ONCE PER PLAYER HELL MAKE THEM STRONGER BUT HARDER TO SPAM, SOO THAT IT REWARDS TACTICAL PLACEMENT NOT BRAINDEAD SPAM.

i posted a thread about this

honestly, mines should just disappear on squad wipe
if you can’t maintain your squad you don’t get to maintain your droppings, either
you don’t get to set off TNT after death or blow up extra grenades after you die

Also, german mines should work like the others and not embed into the ground. Or more accurately, into any surface regardless of how not-dirt like it is.

1 Like

Unpopular oppinion :

Mines placed on enemy rallies should blow up right away.

This troll playstyle of wiping a squad that spawns in shouldn’t be possible.

4 Likes

I will keep doing it until it gets nerfed, but it 100% needs to be removed.

People keep saying that it punishes bad rally placement. Well, it does not really punish the person who placed it. Just the poor guy who spawned on it. It’s an awful mechanic but also the main reason I carry around AP mines.

1 Like

Dont hate the player hate the game

2 Likes

lean + ap mines are the mess of Enlisted!

If every soldier in every squad has them now, it totaly ruins the game. First the game loses dynamics when you need to slow down and check every door or stairs, and if you don’t, you just lose four out of five soldiers before you even get to the front line. I wouldn’t remove them completely, but limit them to one per squad, not for every soldier (or only engineers). Everybody started using them en mass and this is really frustrating. I undersand that they are loved by defensive players, but it is the scourge of Enlisted with the amount they are being used.