Premade fortified positions for tanks

Does anyone remember this:

So yeah nobody does that in real matches, which is a shame.
I think adding premade deffence positions for tanks would be nice. Of course it’s a lot of work to retrofit it to old maps but please devs think about adding this in one of your next maps.

11 Likes

There is no any need in such positions.
You’ll just lose the ability to shell a large area.

And so it seems you can dig it up… but for some reason you can’t order your bots either.

1 Like

That gif aged badly.

2 Likes

You gain protection at the cost of mobility. Depending on where devs put those fortifications (field of fire etc), it may be a good deal.

You will dig it for half a match and either nobody will use it or your tank will be blown up by a plane 10s after you drive in there.
Not worth the effort.
Ppl don’t even dig foxholes that take 3 shovel swings.

3 Likes

I guess grey zone camping isn’t toxic enough in your opinion.

I knew somebody would say this.

1. Position of those fortifications is 100% depentant on devs. If it encourages grey zone camping, it’s devs fault for bad map design, not the fortifications themselves.
  2. It’s the first spot every plane player will look at when they search for targets. So if you want to camp, this is a very bad place. It’s an advantege in the short term, a coffin in the long term.

Also I thought you’ve said grey zone camping isn’t an issue (or at elast not a big one) so why do you call it toxic now?

3 Likes

I said it in jest.

1 Like

Only on big maps.
On current ones - no.

Still it’s don’t make sense why your bots will not assist you.

1 Like

I rather stay mobile because I can get more kills and support that way.
The idea is cool, but there is no reason for tanks to be static in this game, the more you move around the harder it is to be destroyed by bombs, rockets, det packs, tanks… The list is long.

3 Likes

I love using my stuG and making a ditch for it to sit in! I should take a clip of it when I do it and send it to you.

I personally LOVE the entrenchment mechanism of this game, I dig wide anti-tank trenches, infantry trenches and ditches for enemy players to run into and get slowed down!

I wish the shovel and dirt could be used by the AI squad to help make the digging time be reduced. I.E, if I start digging dirt, my teammate (one or two of them) begin to help me dig the area/spot I am digging. Or I could press the action button and it would allow the AI soldiers to begin to dig an area that was “mapped out” by the human player.

3 Likes