PPS-42 and PPS-43 are undertiered. MP 40s are overtiered

The PPS-42 is superior in handling, whereas the PPS-42 is superior in rate of fire.

Neither belong to tier 2, and I do not understand why people are willing to agree with putting the MP 38 to tier 2, but not the MP 40, or any of the other listed SMGs.

The weapon stats are literally right there.

1 Like

Those particular pieces aside,

Battle rating… should respect Battle rating.

A weapon of very comparable stats and use should have the same br as it’s counterparts. That there’s no piece to be put before because lack of availability is irrelevant. Br is br.

If br is artificially tweaked by devs by making something stronger having a lower br, or vice versa, being biased or inaccurate…

Then what is the point of having br at all?

6 Likes

WT arguments for Enlisted weapon BRs do not work, sorry.

It will be BR 2, the MP-38 has better dispersion over the PPS-42 while the PPS-42 has better RoF over the MP-38, I still fail to see how one is overly better compared to the other.

I love both weapons and will use them after the merge for BR 2 lineups of germany and USSR.

As I said should be lowered in BR and I have a feeling that they will once the merge is released.

Could also be BR 2, but this is a case of BR compression, see FG-42 and FG-42 II both are BR 5 even though one is quite a lot better than the other, there is a lot of other examples aswell.

In conclusion BRs are too compressed for the current weapons available, I feel like even 6 BRs would have been much better than the current 5.

2 Likes

What are you on about? Since when was WT a factor?

I brought up the Tiger in WT situation to highlight the fact that a tank with the performance it has should not be at a lower BR simply because people who grinded it- newbies, are terrible. It is also the most apparent.

That is called an analogy.

To put things bluntly, in specifically in the context of Enlisted, if a gun has the performance of a rank 3-4 SMG, it should belong to rank 3-4. You brought up the “new players would have a chance to immediately face BR 5 while unlocking them.” argument.

I won’t take your word for it. I’ll wait for someone credible to make it so.

PPS-42:

• 3 more bullets in the magazine
  • 120rpm faster
  • 50 faster bullet velocity
  • 8/2 recoil
  • 0.74 dispersion

MP-38:

• 0.1 more damage per hit
  • 11/4 recoil
  • 0.1 faster reload speed
  • 0.65 dispersion

Yeah… They’re a world apart. When you compare the PPS-42 to a tier 3/4 SMG, it’ll still be a world apart.

I gave you an entire table ripped from a dataminer. Do I have to spell out the fact that the PPS-42 has a fraction of the recoil (One of the lowest in-game, as a matter of fact), and the rate of fire of a tier 4 SMG?

The best drawback you can think of, is the fact its dispersion is about average (Most pistol SMGs are ~0.7).

That is the only thing I agree with.

I’m genuinely surprised no one brought this up when the BRs were announced, so I did.

Silence gives consent, after all.

Oh, I did. I’m against individual battle rating since even before it was brought up as a possibility by devs.

But I got ignored as well. I pointed out the anomaly of pps43 and mp40 being a whole tier apart even before devs confirmed Battle ratings, when it was only unlock tiers (I saw them coming miles ahead).

I didn’t say anything at all this past 4th test, because I had already said everything… devs ignored it and cats praised and defended their decisions them like the good lil helpers that they are…

It is what it is.

Someone more knowledgeable than me in the ways of war thunder battle ratings said: “new system won’t be a good enough “upgrade” to hook new players in, while also drawing some veterans away.” I tend to agree.

4 Likes

Nah, those 3 extra bullets and 50 m/s faster ended it for me, lmao.

You literally just proved that the guns are very similar, the biggest difference being the dispersion stat and the RoF of 120 which does not make these guns a world apart.

And as I said the ZK and MP-35 need a BR decrease.

Dont worry I use it constantly.

Dare I say that the MP-40 has a recoil of 8/3?? That is some world ending stuff right there.

And you are very wrong, the lowest recoil is found on the Japanese SMGs and the type Otsu semi auto rilfe having an insane recoil of 0/0.

1 Like

DF: How dare you questing my favoritism balance

If PPS42/43 are BR2, they should move Beretta 40rnds down to BR2 too… cuz fighting PPS42/43s with MP3008 and FANB 43 is… yeah…

1 Like

You’re neglecting the recoil.

One of the lowest recoil stats in the game with an above-average rates of fire… At tier 2.

At tier 3, with (again), a substantial difference in rate of fire.

The Otsu stats being at 0/0 is likely an oversight from @Euthymia07

Thank you for bringing up Japanese SMGs, which are also similarly undertiered.

1 Like

Not really, the real competitor of PPSh41 is MP41r which is an event weapon

1 Like

I mean Type 4 Garand and Otsu in BR4, VG1-5 and G41 in BR3, while M1 Garand in BR3 and M1 Carbine GL in BR2… I don’t even know who the hell they take feedback from to make those arbitrary changes

1 Like

@Stein_Grenadier see the new low of Enlisted playerbase?

People unironically think the 20rnd MAB 38A is better than PPSH41 71rnd because he doesn’t know how to shoot in short burst

1 Like

tbh I think the pps / mp40 is much more fair fight than current moscows ppd drum vs mp40 and never forget the glorious 20mag beretta vs ppsh.
Was pretty much expecting them to just slice the current progress tree and call them even.

Anyway, some adjust to stats wouldnt harm in this exact case.
Highly doubt tho.

1 Like

Im about to start a copium mine here, the higher recoil doesnt matter since it has a lower RoF and 690 rpm is quite average for SMGs in the game.

if you are so stuck on that RoF use the Beretta M38 20rnd, you can use multiple guns in a squad if you didnt know.

I honestly cant wait to play with the MP-38 at BR 2 (hopefully even the MP-40), but some people are just never happy.

2 Likes

I disagree, though I am probably the only one that sees it like that.

Regular FG has better sights and is thus easier to use in semi auto - which I do.

FG 42 II with horizontal recoil perk is a one hit kill full auto laser beam, but I simply hate its irons…

gun__recoilControlMult:r=0.0 in stats.
Avt-40 have “gun__recoilControlMult:r=0.25”, for example,
It could be overridden in some other files ofc, Enlisted inner structure is confusing, to say the least.

That high recoil + slow RoF “argument” doesn’t work in the game where MkB42 and Fedorov Automat are in the same tier… even StG44 can’t even compete with Fedorov and you think the MkB42 can? Or how about Kilary 39? That thing is a SMG, using bullet half the size of Fedorov 6.5mm Arisaka, has more recoil than Fedorov for some moronic reason and yes is BR5 too

2 Likes

Seems like all German SMG should drop 1 BR level if they gonna compete with soviet SMGs…

Or you know, just up BR all soviet SMG that doesn’t use a drum

1 Like

Should get its RoF reduced to like 500.

I also slightly prefer the first FG-42, better for medium range, but yeah the FG-42 II with the right perks is amazing especially for CQC.

2 Likes

400rpm and lot more recoil consider the real life Fedorov, actually we should remove the recoil multiplier in this game and stick to real recoil

1 Like

Always funny that there is a hidden recoil multiplier, so it muddles balance arguments when people use statcard values in good faith.

3 Likes