Possible Vehicles for Add to Germany and Japan

I say Germany because Axis Army shares vehicles with Italian dudes, also I would kick out the Ta-Se and change for the type 98 for SPAA

Exp_aa_tank_ta-se_twin

6 Likes

That last one looks like what SHOULD have been put in for the Japanese INSTEAD of the Ta-Se.

As far as other Japanese vehicles, I definitely agree there needs to be more options, and GOOD options at that. The armored cars could be interesting as long as you can encourage players to actually push forward with them.

The amphibious tanks would be great if there were more maps where they would be useful. Most of the maps right now don’t have enough objectives along the beachline to make them worthwhile. Though I do think that is something they could account for on future maps.

1 Like

exactly my tought guardianreaper, the Ta-Se can go hell

1 Like

I like this for some reason, so i try and look it up Type 5 Ho Ku, nope not find

But then found this, Type 1 Ho-Ki

I would like to see this some how :smile:

1 Like

I honestly don’t know what the devs were thinking on that one. Honestly even lowering the crew members placement a bit would help. They are completely exposed (tops of heads can be hit even from a straight on angle), and the gun is FAR inferior to the M13’s 50 cals.

1 Like

troop carrier? or supplies?

Type 1 Ho-Ki

Imperial Japanese ArmyArmored Personal Carrier (1943) c200 built

The Type 1 Ho-Ki in brief

The Type 1 Ho-Ki was developed in 1942 as a result of a request from the Army for a heavy prime mover which could also serve as a personnel transport. It featured an unusual silhouette, in that the driver’s cab did not reach across the front of the hull, but stopped short about mid-way across the center line. Only one operator was required, a driver, who manipulated a pair of tiny steering wheels which could adjust the left and right movement of the tracks. Transport capacity was about fifteen men, and the maximum armor thickness was about 6mm. While the Ho-Ki is often classed as a half-track, it was in fact a fully tracked vehicle which incorporated some unusual control features common to half-track vehicles.

NEW ARTICLE

The Ho-Ki had been designed to pull artillery as well as to carry infantry, and it differed from other vehicles of the type in that there was no rear exit hatch. It was apparently felt that the towed weapon might interfere with the rapid exit of any onboard crew and/or riflemen. All entry and exit, therefore took place through three doors mounted side by side on the driver’s side (left) facing of the vehicle. Top speed achieved was fairly respectable for a prime mover, about 21-22mph under ideal conditions.

The Ho-Ki was not, normally, armed, but a ring had been provided to the rear of the driver, which allowed for installation of an anti-aircraft/anti-personnel machine gun. In the style of most armies, Japanese squads carried by the vehicle could mount their squad machine guns in the same position. The Type 1 Ho-Ki was deployed wherever the Japanese Army went, but production seems to have been fairly light. It was primarily encountered by the Chinese and by the Americans in the Philippines.

Type 1 Ho-Ki specifications

Dimensions 4.78 x 2.19 x 2.58 m
Total weight, battle ready 6.5 tonnes
Crew 3 (driver, commander, mechanic) + 12 to 13 passengers
Propulsion Type 100 DB52 air-cooled 6 cylinder diesel engine, 134 hp@2,000 rpm
Speed 42 km/h
Armor 4 mm to 6 mm
Armament 7.7mm Type 92 heavy machine gun or Type 99 light machine gun
Range 300 km (200 miles)
Total production c200 built

1 Like

More dakka , more blood for the blood god

I like it! I think it would be even cooler if they implemented with an oversized squad of 8 or so rather than 6. (Give the Japanese the little bit of extra manpower that they need.

1 Like

Japanese had some tankettes and spas which were more produced, not prototype and had better cover. But they chose ta-se as the first vehicle for some goddamn reason

I suspect is because Darkflow,I hear rumors about he hates japan and loves soviets,I am not sure if its true but could explain the 4 belted machine guns and why we dont have the rocket planes yet

2 Likes