Possible real location of Moscow campaign maps

Disclaimer: I never been to Russia and do not knows any geographic of moscow, the following images are from internet.
After some search about the moscow campaign’s maps name, especially the “Monastery” map’s Chinese translation “沃洛克拉姆斯克修道院”, which includes the precious real name of “Волоколамск” of the map. Then I found out a monastery which looks very similar to the game’s one:

From the google maps and google earth, it’s here:

Iosifo-Volotskiy Monastyr’
56.178076038477094, 36.10316430673801
In the north east of Волоколамск.

Some surrounding towns have the same names of the game has:

2 Pokrovskoe City 波克罗夫斯科城

4 Vysokovo Village 维索科沃村

But the geological sites does not match to the big map ingame. And the detailed shape and height of the Monastery different a lot from the ingame’s one. So is that the development team decide to bring only most iconic real world part to game and rest part is fictionals? While tons of buildings ingame is just ctrl c+ ctrl v.
I personally can not accept spending 50USD to a game and developers still didnt use this amount of money to visit the real site and recreate a semi real 1:1 map to the game. For example, the RO2 development team visit Stalingrad to at least try their best to recreate the 1:1 real maps and with many buildings exclusively recreate to each map. So exploring different buildings, streets, is very fun. Not Enlisted’s most open area’s buildings are just ctrl c + ctrl v.
Also, I have been playing moscow campaign for so long, and I hardly ever notice any soviet related elements in game. Like, Is there any soviet flags in game???
There’s ZERO immersiveness that the game’s maps has given to me.

PS:
1 Birch Grove 白桦林
2Pokrovskoe City 波克罗夫斯科城
3 Kamenka River 卡缅卡河
4 Vysokovo Village 维索科沃村
5 Monastery 沃洛克拉姆斯克修道院
6 Beloe Lake 白湖
7 The Avangard Collective Farm 阿华加德集体农场
8Manor 沃洛科拉姆斯克庄园

5 Likes

Nice expansion on this: Real historical landscape :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Landscapes do change in 70 odd years, especially after battles (If any actually happened there) but I do ger your point, but I think its okay to have some, “Artistic license”, or as to say, leeway in design, as to not be exact replicas.
As for a development team actually visiting the site, they might have, or might not, but having a company go to a specific set of sites can be expensive, and thus make the game (or content therein) more expensive. But again, good job finding these out.