Poll: Extended strategic zones in Invasion and Conquest missions

Based on your feedback, we have extended strategic zones in all Conquest and Invasion missions. Please, share your oppinion on these changes here.

3 Likes

The expansion of the 3rd point area for invasion is a welcome change. Gets rid of the tank blocking entrance ‘cheat’. The German faction players would thoroughly appreciate it.

I am not a huge fan of it being applied to every point. They lead to a long cat and mouse chase sometimes. Makes it even more difficult for Soviets in missions where they have to defend. I would personally like the changes reverted for Invasion mode minus the 3rd capture point while being kept for conquest mode.

Conquest has an option to capture back the point once it is lost. While in invasion, the bigger capture area requires just one attacking player throwing a grenade in to wipe the defenders and then hiding somewhere as the point is captured. I’ve noticed players not shooting either to make sure they are not found. And that awards them a strategic point while defenders don’t have a counter strategy.

Or give Soviets the opportunity to attack and Germans to defend zones. Not a very historically accurate suggestion obviously.

I like the 3rd one as well, but the first one In invasion I would either revert it back to the original zone or put the capture area ONLY in the trenches as we all know that if you peek out of a trench, there is a bot waiting to snipe your head off.

2 Likes

I enjoy thevlarger zones, as they dont creat bottlenecks that become frustrating and boring to attack

2 Likes

I completed a couple more invasion games and my conclusion is ‘devs hate the Soviets’.

Not a single win from any of it despite having 100+ kills. Absolutely no possible way to defend some of the capture zones especially the 1st and 4th. And they also removed one of the strategic point. Can it get any worse.

My suggestion is revert the changes for every point other than 3rd. Or remove the +100 respawn for Germans when they capture a point and also rework the 4th point. Loads of areas in that zone where an attacker can avoid detection.

Not playing invasion again until there are any changes to test. It’s disheartening to see 4000 XP after a game where I was getting even the artillery strike on point.

3 Likes

I like this change, but must admitt that it is easier for the Germans to win now. I really enjoy the fact, that cap points cannot be cleared with a single grenade like before, especially on the first and the last point.
Maybe a bit increased time needed for taking the point would bring more balance, since there is no cap zone in the trenches before the fourth point.

4 Likes

couldn’t have been said better.

i think the same here.
that’s a plus one from me