Points for tank-infantry cooperarion

This “no gray zone” part is just a potential nice addition.
I suggest this mainly because I like “panzergrenadier” gameplay and I want points for it.

yup sounds cool. Also along the lines of cooperation between vehicles and infantry ,Ive mentioned before but it would also be cool for infantry to climb on the back and use the top mounted MG.

But yeah, I like the idea of cooperation. Panzer Grenadiers are awesome…My favourite in Company of Heroes

4 Likes

It will end up with accumulation of solders at ridiulous numbers near vehicles and make attacker aircrafts’ work even easier.

Then build AA. (Though they are a bit weak.) Or simply hide. Nobody is forcing you to be in the open.

1 Like

Tunisia, moscow and pacific maps say “hellooooo”

And dont even get me start with normandy. Its just full plane spawn after plane spawn

Step 1
Spot the plane

Step 2
Move away from the tank

1 Like

Spot the dive bomber that approachs nearly 90 degree vertically
Oh wait …

1 Like

You can’t spot a plane? Skill issue.

1 Like

Depend on plane itself and situation :
Under immense fire while ttyimg to protect some flank while other teammates doing just monkey stuff =
r.i.p
Some newbie flying at low altitude and approaches from my directlion
= highly possible
At a.a. gun searchlng for plane
= generally unless he approach from suprised/unwaited direction

Then you’ve been overwhelmed, outplayed and outskilled.

Sorry but my idea doesn’t give you invulnerability if that’s what you are looking for. It has counterplays and planes are one of them.

Im not talking about invulnerability. My general experience is; when i was just targeting vehicles not particularly infantry, i kill suprisingly high numbers of infantry since they already moving too near the vehicles.
This incentive may end up even more record kill numbers for attacker planes.
And since the aa update, infantry cant do anything against planes by themselves.

1 Like

I guess here is your answer.

Generally there is not much you can do to stop the first atack run. It’s a separate problem.

Seriously? Stukas scream so loud that you can spot them from another server.

Aside from that,

The CAS pilot in me likes this suggestion.

2 Likes

Seriously speaking, I doubt this will get implemented, because there would be quite a wide margin for abuse.

It isn’t hard to imagine an account farming technique where 4 players stack together, with one dude slaughtering enemies with a tank from a safe position, and the other 3 parking their squads around it, scoring tons of assists while AFK.

Then adjust points so it’s more worth to rush the objective than to afk near the tank.

Also they won’t survive 5min. Cas players will do all they can to score a hit on such a jucy target.
Even if they won’t get killed by bombs, they will have to disperse and loose their exp farm for a minute or two.

Plus they are useless for the team so enemy will steamroll the objective quite fast.
Short lost match = not good exp. Not to mention stupid “die to get points” mechanic.

I’d say every new mechanic of getting score has potential to be abused. But there is always a way to prevent this.

I think if something like this were considered as part of it, it would help to reduce the exploitation that could occur for people sitting in the back of the map.

Perhaps only activate the assist part when in closer proximity to the objective?

Also they need to remove the friendly fire damage from tanks running into infantry. All too often I accidentally hit the bots running in front of me as I’m pushing up. Since they don’t seem to have the intelligence to move out of the way, the least they can do is not make it harm them unless they are laying down or something.

The real solution to this problem is to remove the grey zone from areas that tanks can use to fire from, and/or to provide better cover and concealment on the map so that tanks don’t have good vision to shoot from inaccessible areas.

Giving infantry more reason to stick close to tanks can help to embolden tankers to move forward. I think it’s a good idea

???

Are you trying to imply that Tunisia and Moscow are mostly open maps without cover from aircraft?

Damn, 3000 battles in Moscow, 600 in Tunisia and I didn’t noticed that.

1 Like

its good idea but no one givess a flying fk abut u if ya in a tank they to busy getting bases n points and shelling their own men their son comms no support in the campaigns I’m done with this game one flame thrower no tank and m no men