Please fix the sandbox bug already!

Instead of focusing on new events why not fix some crucial bugs in the sandbox portal. It literally doesnt work and i cant download my hard work there. Also the custom servers are really unstable randomly deciding to not work. These problems should be fixed as fast as possible

5 Likes

Yeah we support the game by keeping attention of player who don’t want to farm

2 Likes

Could not agree more. The issues surrounding .zip files have gone on for too long, and Darkflow has yet to say anything, and has given us an absence of information. Something needs to be said or done, but of course Darkflow can’t do that, because corporate laziness.

3 Likes

Yes! I find it quite disrespectful how some of us use lots of our time to make mods and we cant even release them properly because the sandbox is buggy mess

1 Like

Fixing upload ZIPs issue.

5 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Should be fixed now.

P.S. Oh, I’m slowpoke, it was fixed at 9 May already :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please next goal is to fix an issue where reenter rooms cannot select a team or are automatically assigned to the wrong team :face_holding_back_tears:

when the most bad case happended it makes you cant deploy anything…

In particular, matches starting in a second round should allow players to re-select his faction and squads profiles instead of automatically being thrown into a random team

1 Like

And the promised equipment limits. Where are they? Have the plans been abandoned?

I hope they improve the mechanics of personalSpawnCost to allow authors to set the personalSpawnCosr of a weapon or squad in a player’s profile.

This is what I think is a general flexible limit mechanism

1 Like

I think an simple br limiter should also be a thing. Sometimes i want to make some historical maps but then people with king tigers and fedorovs end up ruining it

2 Likes

You can replace any tanks or weapons you don’t want to see with the appropriate ones using addTemplate or entities.blk override.

And spawnCost 9999 can do similar things maybe

1 Like

Should be reported as bug/improvement at https://community.gaijin.net/

2 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/enlisted/i/MYsYCEddhvGo

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/enlisted/i/eYPPv0kSZueX

yes i did… one of it was marked as fixed. but it still exist :joy:

2 Likes

First one was marked as fixed, because one report should report one issue. Your extra commentary at bottom “At that moment you may be assigned to the wrong team…” just wasn’t considered as an issue, but as an extra detail. Beware! ^___^

2 Likes

Second isn’t about choosing team either. It describes “thrown into game immediately” issue. Being able to choose team isn’t main issue there also. Right report should say primarily smth like “server should remember that team I chose and when I re-enter room it should throw me into game for previously chosen team”. Then again it may conflict with matchmaking policies, but that’s okay, it will be considered anyway while trying to fix the issue.

2 Likes

ISSUE 2

The second problem describes the situation where, after the first round of the game, a player who re-enters the lobby cannot select his team again when the second or third round… is started, and those players who clicks on the room is automatically thrown into a random team and thrown into the battlefield.

I think this cache should be cleared after the game finish a round

players should be able to manually select his squads profiles or factions in a new round

—————

1. Round 1 finish as team1 sov

2. Exit lobby room (Before next round start)

3. Round 2 start (you are not in that lobby currently since you leave the room to change your squads profiles after step-1)

4. Enter same lobby

5. Then You can’t select anything and be automatically put in a random team, maybe team2 or team1 usa

———

The boolean value control players automatically put into game should be reset to false in step-1

And player should be able to select his team and profile in step-5

2 Likes

ISSUE 1

first one is related to these cases. Take these screenshots.

This issue does related to the mechanics you describe, but it doesn’t always works fine,

There were times when I was placed on a German team in lobby and then entered the game showing up as a Soviet, But i m not sure if it caused by the lobby. Sometomes even in a same team this would happen. Mabe some thing broken inside the game

And when that happened, the scoreboard only showed my name, and while you could still chat with other players, you couldn’t deploy anything. killlog still displays but does not display the name of the players

2 Likes

There is another clue that may be linked to these two issues above

When these two problems arise, the player cannot get out of them on his own.

But there is a situation that could bring it back to normal.

We know that the maximum length of the array of player information stored in the room seems to be 128.

In very active rooms where the players is frequently in and out, the player’s cache seems can be cleared sometimes caused by memoried players count reaches 128 length when he exit the battle.

When the player’s information is cleared, he disappears from the scoreboard, and his score becomes 0 when he reenters.

When this happens, the player can re-select his team and deploy the squad and play in the game

———

The reason about the above two issues is most likely that the player data stored in the 128-length array is abnormal or corrupted.

For issue 1, the data in the 128 array is corrupted because of some exception in lobby

For issue 2, the array should be reset to empty after a mission round.

———

For issue2, I’m not sure if the boolean state that determines whether to automatically throw the player into battle is relevant to this 128-length players array,

this boolean value should be reset after a mission round finished

———

Therefore, I think a possible solution is to set a timer after the player exits the game battle and then clear their data in lobby and inside the game, which may solve both problems described above?

2 Likes

Hi there! Any help on how to download our Project File that was uploaded to the Sandbox? My computer broke and I had to get a new one… I dont have any of the files anymore and all I have is the sandbox upload

2 Likes