Pacific M2A4 vs Ha-Go

I would much rather have AP and HE.

is there any japanese tank that is not trash? first 2 certainly dont inspire hope for the rest of them…

Per the USMC’s registry of vehicles at the time, they never used a M8 vehicle bar the M8 GMC in the pacific, the USN never received any sort of vehicle nor had a use for them, as stated prior, the US Army was the primary operator of the M8 Armored Car.

To that same end, as stated prior once more, the M8 appeared in the Philippines near or after the war’s completion, they had little use due to the proliferation of other light tanks and the M4 within the theater along with the myriad of LVT modifications filling similar desired roles. To that same end, the M8 was not originally even considered for the theater due to it’s increased ground pressure and lack of treads. It would and was found once it arrived after the war to preform very poorly within the region due to this.

The Chi Ha Kai will be fun enough, a Ka Chi without the clunkiness and an MG, front armour is weaker, but the Ka Chi was already vulnerable to the American 37mm, so that is not really a bad trade.

There no strong japanese tank in war thunder

there is difference between stronger and strong.

They dont have bot, the only stronger tank i can think is the chi-re 2 wo have same sherman stats, at least on paper, all other tank can be killed by the stuart

there are lot of them who have better gun and coax MG. so far i have played with shit support open cupola tank and light tank with shitty gun and shitty MG that need to be separately used. idk how is third tank, but experience of first 2 is just terrible.

also i dont think 2nd and third japanese tank can compete with their US counterparts effectively.

thats only assuming it penetrates, 25mm armor all around and distance effects pen power.

37mm, thats the same size as the Stuart in Normandy and the HE couldn’t do crap on a group of infantry

i easily took out a Ha-Go with an SPAA from the front, because of the shot deviation the Ha-Go couldnt get a clear hit on me

stuart in normandy is more effective than this shit…

Have you played this game? Your post indicates not, it is very american slanted.

The Ha-Go “aphe” rounds are not explosive, and will not damage enemy soldiers unless you hit them directly. Ha-Go may survive a shot from a M2A4 (maybe, depends on hit location & distance), but that goes both ways.
The Stuart is by far the best free tank in the campaign, having ammo selection and actual armor. Only the premium tanks can compete with it.

I notice you’re not even mentioning the abysmal Ta-Se which can empty entire magazines into enemy vehicles without effect, while the MGMC can destroy anything in seconds without even aiming for specific components.

If the MGMC did not exist, the level of vehicle involvement might be good, but they do exist, hordes of them every match. There’s a reason for that.

1 Like

I play Murkans in Normandy and Japanese here, incidentally, and I can confirm that the Ha-Go is almost like a Stuart, except worse in every way. Notable downgrades:

• No ammo selection, Ha-Go must hit infantry directly.
  • Engine/speed, Ha-Go is quite a bit slower than Normandy Stuart.
  • MG mechanics, Ha-Go must switch seats to use his machine gun (disables main cannon)
  • More MG mechanics, Ha-Go has like 20 rounds per MG reload. Can’t even overheat it.
  • Armor, Ha-Go is notoriously weak and will be penned by anything bigger than a rifle
  • More MG mechanics, Ha-Go cannot see shit while using MG seat

so ye i’d say you’re right

1 Like

I would too, but in this case they’re all about as useless. Stuart’s solid shot AP isn’t practically any more effective than the Type97 ATR, and it’s HE isn’t big enough to be very effective either. The APHE on the Ha Go is apparently only technically HE, with a seriously small bursting charge, so it’s as effective as the Stuart AP vs armor, maybe, and less effective against infantry than HE. Honeslty, the big difference in balance between the two tanks is the number of MGs and how you fire them.

That is what “penetrating hit” means, yes.

We were talking about the APHE on the Ha Go, and that I didn’t know it’s only 11grams of explosive, so it’s basically dependent on spalling (which is modeled super poorly in Enlisted) and shrapnel rather than explosive pressure to kill enemy crews

The stuart in Normandy is an M5A1, with more than twice the front armor thickness as the M2A4 and more than 20mm more than the M3, and better angled. The Stuart in Normandy is more survivable, and doesn’t face autocannons that can penetrate it. It’s more effective because it tends to last longer in the fight, not because its weaponry is better

Have you considered not starting a post by attacking the person you’re arguing with? I’ll try to take you seriously anyway, but it’ll be hard.

Yes, I've played the game. Less than some, more than many. And there's a game activity minimum to even post on the forums.

This was covered in earlier replies to me, and I freely admitted that I didn’t know exactly how ineffective that round was on armor, though I did know it sucks against infantry. I’m leveling both sides of the Pacific, I’ve suffered through playing that tank, but my perception when I wrote that was that while the ha go is trash, is wasn’t really any worse than the M2A4, save where the secondary armament is concerned.

The M3, sure, can’t argue there. I’d see it as a problem if that “actual armor” was actually effective against the Type 97 ATR. I may adjust this opinion if I ever get a chance to shoot at one with that weapon.

This is a volume of fire issue, and while it’s not an ideal, one-for-one balance, I don’t know how they could have handled it better if they wanted the starter vehicles for both sides to be SPAA. The Ta-Se is limited by its magazine capacity and rate of fire, while the M13 is armed with higher-capacity HMGs that absolutely can and should pen the current range of japanese vehicles at most distances available in the campaign. Used carefully, the M13 is inarguably better at dealing with both infantry and enemy vehicles than the Ta-Se, and better protected against enemy sniper fire. The balance here, as I see it, is struck in the AT weapons available to infantry: the M13 is vulnerable to the Type 97 at any distance you can make the shot, more or less, while the Ta-Se isn’t as vulnerable to the inarguably weaker, slower firing, lower capacity Boys ATR.

Hordes is an overstatement. There can only be two at a time, and they’re pretty easily dealt with if you and your team aren’t totally incompetent. The reason is, it’s the one vehicle USMC players are guaranteed to have. You’ll see fewer as more people level out of them unless CAS becomes more of a problem. For that matter, if the M13 didn’t exist, what would you replace it with? If both sides must start with a vehicle, and it must be SPAA (and it must, for USA, the japanese have better planes except for carrier based bombers).

I can’t really argue with these points, to be honest, expecially once you consider that while both Stuart tanks in the Pacific are less well protected than the M5A1 in normandy, that means they’re both faster, and the M2A4 is absolutely bristling with MGs

I mean, historical accuracy is playing a virtue in this after all it’s a WWII game, so tanks will be pretty bad until another update comes along with better Japanese tanks added.

No, but it has usable MG.

Must seems like an exaggeration.

If the goal is to reduce and keep low the CAS spam, yeah, both sides must have SPAA.

That was achieved by making them take off and then fly 4 kilometers to rearm, there’s a good reason none of the AA ever bothers to look up.

Making them take off only seems like a big deal now because of the relatively slow seaplanes and attackers, and it’s counterbalanced by the lack of a waiting period to spawn aircraft. There’s other maps in the other campaigns where you have to fly almost or more than 3km to rearm, but the planes are faster. Wait until they add some levels and we see a bomb-armed Corsair or Hellcat, that Ta-Se is gonna be real attractive about then.

And no one flies aircraft for longer than their initial bombing run on those maps.