Pacific AP-1

The AP-1 is a cool audition to the pacific, (hopefully we can see new aircraft later like the hellcat). It should be called the TBM or TBF. The AP-1 was an Italian plane. Will it be able to use a bombsight or will we have to aim it by eye?
(is this hinting at something?)

They most likely dont have any right to Grumman planes as even F4F is called different.

On second thing, imo it does not.

I dont see any difference between ap-1 and dauntless

im blind or what ? :face_with_monocle:

The plane I’m talking about is called the AP-1. It is a carrier based bomber that should be called the TBF avenger, however Gaijin does not have any rights/licenses to Grumman planes, so they called it something else. The dauntless is a dive bomber, something else.

1 Like

i dont understand so
is the same plane ?
im talking about the looks.

No, they are separate planes. The Dauntless is a dive bomber (meaning it dives to aim and deliver its bombs) and the Avenger is a conventional bomber that does not dive to deliver its bombs or torpedoes. The Avenger was made later than the Dauntless and has more crew and turrets.

1 Like

Dauntless:

Avenger:

1 Like

ok now i see it in game they are different
so they cant name it by their name cause of lack of license

1 Like

Do you know how to take off from aircraft carrier with it? I tried many ways but didn’t worked, with flaps at normal, landing position, with gears up and down :grinning:

Just do as @WidowMakerUk73 advises.
It’s possible but not easy.
And dont expect too much from the AP-1.

BTW finally somebody writes about the AP-1, I didnt want to start myself…it’s horrible to fly.
I like the SBD-3 because of the bombload but it’s so slow, maybe 350 is cruising speed.
I can take out some enemy planes with this big, heavy, slow thing.
So I was hoping that the AP-1, which is unlocked later than the SBD-3, would be better.
Faster and more manoeuvrable.
But no. It’s worse.
After unlocking the level I immediately got the gold order version.
But the speed is even more low than the SBD-3 and you can just forget about taking out planes that are not biplanes.
Taking off is difficult, extremely slow and heavy.
And the view from the cockpit is poor.
Take off at 150, flying to the objective takes forever (be advised, before you reach good altitude, the plane will start to shake, seems to go down but is does not), speed reaches about 300, then drop your bombs on target (you can do only one drop) and turn back to the ammo point more than 3000 ayway, turning loses speed and by the time I reach the ammo point the speed is finally 300+ again.
All that trouble and time wasted, and you can do only one bomb drop.
And then you have to fly all the way back tot the target again…walking is faster.
This is so extremely ineffective that I dont use the AP-1 at all anymore.
I wonder what your opinion is on this plane.

Please avoid posting on old thread however feel free to create a new topic for asking and answering questions.