Overlord map landing area german counterattack

Dear developers,
I don’t know who came up with this German counteroffensive on this map, but this mode is absolute nonsense and should be removed immediately. I say that as a German main. The Americans don’t have the slightest chance of winning here. Unless they are playing US vets against absolute newcomers. Why is that?

Because the Germans are attacking from the heights?
Because the Germans are using the heaviest tanks that completely control the valleys?
Because the Allies have hardly any chance of setting up rally points that are not immediately destroyed?
Because the Allies have almost no chance of reaching the Cap despite the smoke?
For the Germans it’s a slaughterfest that’s not really fun and for the Americans it’s a waste of time to play this mode at all. Unless you have a masochistic nature. Take that out. It’s just crap!
This map is not designed for this at all and is also not suitable.

2 Likes

Man I always thought this exact thing would be pretty cool, then I saw they added it and got pretty excited

Then I had 2 rounds of it that lasted less than 10 minutes…

Man I know Americans in this game just don’t know how to defend jack, but come on people grow a pair and get bodies on point. It’s not even like half the points are even susceptible to artillery or bombs either! Hate bad teammates screwing up good things

I have played several of these missions as a German. The Americans don’t stand a chance here. They don’t need to grow any balls either, that doesn’t help here. The valley can be seen from all sides by the storming Germans. No chance for the Americans to even get close to the Cap. This type of mission is simply unfair to the Allies. It would be better to run the mission across the coast so that the Germans would have to go through the valley. I’m not sure if they’d like that. Anyway, the way it is now, there are only one-sided games. If I ever play as an American, I won’t be sacrificing my time for such a shitty mission.

Wait so they did D-Day but inverse? That’s funny

1 Like

I feel like it shouldn’t really be that difficult though. Outside of like one or two objectives that are near impossible to get into (looking at you 2 bunkers in the hillside) it shouldn’t be that hard to get on point. I don’t know man. Maybe it is just unfair. Going longways through the map would be very interesting though, and there is plenty of room all around and some assets already there to do such a thing. That one bunker up on the top right hillside could finally have a use. Lol

I got it once, left it halfway down the match with Germans having 1000 tickets and 3 points captured, Never again.