Night warfare

No, it doesn’t. Can’t you fkn read?

1 Like

which… that’s not " night warfare ".

at best, that would be morning/dusk warfare.

I like night battles in HLL.

“An enemy!” (Shoot at a tree)
“An enemy!!!” (Shoot at a bush)
“There!!” (Shoot at the tree stump)

Then, the rock shoots me dead.

It’s immersive, I like those. I’d also like to see what muzzle flashes would look like in night maps.

4 Likes

Wtf :joy: literally majority of games do that when representing night.

But okay.

1 Like

have you two actually have ever been outside during the night?

doesn’t seems like it.

Have you ever been outside in the country at night with a full moon and no clouds?

1 Like

that’s precisely the point.

with your own words:

The point is if you want to take shortcuts, you can add the dark blue filter it does the same effect. And yes, it does considerably look like this at night with the moon out, but if you want to do it the correct way, you can add the moon and lights.

There is no excuse for not having night maps in this game. Understand this.

there’s plenty.

if anything, more like, there are no reasons to have night maps in the game.

if you want to make night maps at the expense of people who do not have a great computer because they won’t see shite or just pixelated blue stuff, that’s up to you to do so over customs ( or… those who can since… well, consoles can’t. ).

but not in the base game.

Yeah, because games are 100% reflection to reality. I love this type of argument lol.

there’s a clear distinction

one might almost say, clear as day & night :smirk:

1 Like

I don’t want to join in this argument, but I always admire good puns:
200w (5)

3 Likes

No, I don’t think there is.

Do color filters cause pixelations? Or are you scared of the dark?

because you’re not thinking about it.

yes if all you see are pixels, and colors of said pixels can make the difference.

maybe.

but that’s beside the point.

there are 0 benefits.

which if you want that, once again, you can make them over the editor ( well, that is, mostly works if you are planning to make pvps. instead of pves. but then, people hiding in houses will have advantages ).

i don’t see why we should force what a ( no offense ) small minority of people would like over everyone else.

it would be like me demanding X just because i like it and only see my own bias rather than the whole picture as well as impacts from it.

which believe it or not,
i did made few attempts and used to be roughly on the same page.
" would be cool night maps "

until you make them and actually get to experience them / play them.
one of my firsts mods was about paratroopers landing behind enemy lines to destroy germans 88s and kill a CO.

you know what was the worst part?
not being able to see shite despite being pitch blue / black ( i made two versions to see what was better ) ( mind you, i still knew the position of the enemy as i was the creator. imagine being someone who plays that mod the first time )

and you know what’s worse than not being able to see?
getting shot through bushes because AI do not have visibility issues at night, and disregard vegetation with relative ease.

so… for devs to implement correct lightning, an actual functional moon, and tweak parameters of AI to adapt said conditions is beyond pointless.

the game ain’t worthed the candle as they say.

but feel free to change my mind.

i guess would be worthed to try a lone fighter “night” map as event.
nothing more.

Excited to see the notification of the numerous replies to the thread, and then me after actually getting back to the thread.
giphy

3 Likes

dda5899d6ad2c9b1d49b9fd07432c381
Try not to offend Erika.
She is agreat modder and a forum idol. A smile would suit her.

2 Likes

Something like this could be possible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDLbRMm1OCw&ab_channel=OperatorDrewski
But i think fixing the bugs is more important rn

I have already thought about them all.

There are no pixelations of soldiers in Enlisted dark or bright, even at the bare minimum (average fps 30 :sunglasses:). I have tested this and it is not so.

There are zero benefits for underwater coral in the Pacific maps. There are zero benefits to adding sunset, sunrise, lightning, rain, and a blizzard effect, but here we are.

You should’ve added more trees to the map.

That is why a dark blue filter was suggested, but you have ptsd from a bad time with map creation where you were sneaking behind enemy lines.

That is well said, and I agree.

2 Likes

offended?

it will take alot more than that :wink:

great modder, eh.

not so much.

forum idol?

let’s not get crazy here.

well, there’s quite alot of work to do for enlisted.

i just don’t think nights maps are that much of a priority.

especially since the negatives outweights the positives.
( and it requires too much effort for what’s worthed anyway )

2 Likes