New missions on ‘Monastery’ location - leave your FEEDBACK here plz

We have introduced new missions in Monastery. Please, leave your feedback here stating the game mode in question if needed (Invasion or Conquest mission)

6 Likes

So far all I can do is give praise:
The high ammount of verticality allows for lots and lots of options.

The only suggestions I can give is to make C (conquest) take up the entire tower, and giving a slight bit more cover when moving towards the central building.

In first impressions from invasion mode, I must say that I really like this “conqueror” style of map (starting outside and slowly advancing to and into the monastery which is where main bloodbath points are). There are also few nice choke points for soviets that considerably help to stop the German advance but map still leaves options for crafty attackers to flank (ladders on sides of the monastery etc.) So far I enjoyed it more than traditional invasion mode where it doesn´t really feel like advancing forward is achieving anything. Also in certain parts (getting to the gates) finally make snipers feel like they aren´t useless in map design.
That is however just a first impressions, I can imagine that setting up MG nests at gates would probably make map impossible to win for axis as long as soviets do not let them get up to the hill (which I consider a possible downside in terms of balance, but only time will tell).

But for now, both strategicaly and graphicaly this map is a piece of well done art.

this map it’s pure fun in my opinion.
a really good looking and well designed map.

it’s what make enlisted unique.
good variaty of paths, flank routes, close quarter fighting, mid range combat, and good ammount of places for everyone.

the only issue that i have, are the spawns. once you figured out as a bomber where are the spawns… you get alot of free kills. so i suggest to spawn the planes much further away, in order for the troops to at least get in safety in a capture point.

because if i’m being complealty honest, i’m not a good pilot. but everytime, i manage to make 10/20 kills every match at the start by landing my bomb on their spawn without any trouble.

and another problem is the AI path for Lone Fighter conquest. they just line up togheter just to get melted by some smg guys or worse, a grenade. overhall, the AI perform very bad. if they see one objective that is getting taked, all the AI will converge on that point rather than split up, and maybe defend some other point.

for the rest, i’m honestly impressed.
^^

1 Like

I like the idea of the new Monastery assault map but damm the grenade spamm it’s just atrocious at the gate.It’s like a competition of who can yeeet better grenades across the enternances

But beside that it’s pretty nice map and operation

I really liked the Conquest one while the invasion require some serious improvements, the map look really beautiful & unique to say the least to what players experienced before I’d recommend even creating a special new mode that utilizes the many & different paths & layers of that map.

The invasion suffer from the placement of the respawn points of the attacker team at different stages with the before final capture being a design issue, basically & even in the medieval ages those who have height over opponent have an advantage, ones you include long rapid fire long range weaponry such as firearms this issue becomes more transparent.

What that allows is for one team to mow the other down since they can clearly see them & their movement & not to protect you while getting closer to the cap point, specially as the developers keep adding more & more camping equipment that I think they really need to reevaluate them.

Beside that I’m yet to see the full monastery to be honest, it looks really beautiful.

Edit: after playing as a defending team too I think both respawn placements should be looked into, made closer to the action.

I’ve never seen Monastery invasion progress far enough to comment on it.

Conquest is a neat sniper bucket, but bots struggle with following the player across multiple levels. I switched to a squadmate who found up being on the floor above me.

the second last stage is a big choke point on one end, with a large open area on the defending side. There are a few ways to flank around to that open area, but generally you have to go through the chokepoint. It’s unlike any other map so the defending teams I have encountered haven’t abused that much.

Last point is basically conquest B. The only real change I would make there is add a few more ladders as extra access points into that area as currently there only is the stairs on the defending side, the big stairs in the middle and the ladders on the offensive side.

For me, conquest on Monastery is the worst scenario from all. There is too many ways how to shut off spawns of the opposing faction.

1 Like

It’s possible for the defenders to fire into the spawns of the attackers at multiple points during Invasion and that’s pretty unfun.
Second to last point is a meatgrinder and makes me think the attackers should get more tickets from capping the previous points, the amount that is is obviously up to you guys.

On conquest it’s just a box canyon with snipers you can’t do much about at the rim.

1 Like

I like invasion gamemode 100% more than the conquest. It takes more strategic approach than just spawning MP41/40 squads and holding the points.

3 Likes

Invasion is really fun for both attacking & defending imo. It’s the conquest that needs to be reworked or removed, because the map is too big for the amount of soldiers running around. I know it’s going to be a boring & slow match when I get conquest on Monastery, because I spend more time looking for enemies than actually shooting at them.

2 Likes

Conquest Monastery is just an exercise in frustration tbh.

I enjoy conquest monastery because it is a map unlike all the others - elevation matters a lot, and you need to adapt to the longer ranges.

1 Like

I don’t even like this map that much