New Faction - Republic of China

This is the best solution to satisfy all parties

and who dictated those rules to video platforms? i doubt that they would introduce such specific regulation for flag that is still in official use today.

from china daily.

China has banned a Swedish-made computer game for “distorting history and damaging China’s sovereignty and territorial integrity,” the Ministry of Culture (MOC) said Friday.

The PC game, “Hearts of Iron”, was accused of distorting historical facts in describing the Fascist regimes of Japan, Germany and Italy during World War II.

Moreover, “Manchuria”, “West Xinjiang”, and “Tibet” appeared as independent sovereign countries in the maps of the game. In addition, it even included China’s Taiwan province as the territory of Japan at the beginning of the game.

“All these severely distort historical facts and violate China’s gaming and Internet service regulations,” the MOC said. “The game should be immediately prohibited.”

All websites are banned from releasing the game and all the CD-ROM game copies will be confiscated, the MOC said, and the sellers will be punished according to law.

Internet bars that provide downloads of the game or fail to stop those Internet surfers who download, install or play the game,will be fined or even ordered to stop business.

The game was made by Paradox Entertainment, a games developer based in Stockholm, capital of Sweden, published by Strategy First,and was first released in 2002.

The MOC has established an imported game products censorship committee in an effort to step up censorship on the content of online games.

The committee regulates that online games with content violating basic principles of the Constitution, threatening China’s national unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity will be banned from importing.

Online games with content threatening state security, damaging the nation’s dignity, disturbing social order and infringing on other’s legitimate rights will also be prohibited.

Earlier in March this year, the State Press and Publication Administration (SPPA) banned a Norwegian-made computer game, “Project IGI2: Covert Strike”.

The game was accused of intentionally blackening China and the Chinese army’s image as a freelance mercenary fights in the game across three linked campaigns in the former Soviet Union, Libya and China, where he steals intelligence and conducts sabotage in China and shoots at China’s soldiers while China’s national flag and signs like “China Aviation” pop up frequently.

The SPPA in early 2003 banned a US-made computer game, “Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour Expansion”, also for smearing the image of China and the Chinese army.

The MOC said that all foreign online games must accept content examination by the ministry before they enter the Chinese market. Those already-entered online games must make up relevant examinations before Sept. 1, or the game operators will be punished according to law.

The ministry allows the import of foreign online games whose content accords with Chinese national conditions and has positive effects on young people’s mentality, the MOC said.

you may not like it, but taiwan is a country. here is from international law

International law defines sovereign states as having a permanent population, defined territory, a government not under another, and the capacity to interact with other states.

all of which is true for taiwan.

1 Like

Pictures are the truth, and even include a portrait of Chiang Kai shek

Every country has something. In the US, the UAP/UFO issue is a huge problem.
The latest AARO report was just ridiculous. Very similar to what China is doing.

Frankly, I don’t see much difference between the two. The only difference is that one is a pseudo-communist and the other a pseudo-liberal.

Both use dishonest and unrealistic ideology to pursue their interests.

The existence of sovereign states is the biggest threat to the freedom of the individual.

1 Like

maybe look at dates. this was ban for original HOI game.

also
edit: updated with official statement for HOI4

Region rather than country. Not many countries have established diplomatic relations with Taiwan, which means it is not admitted

it is only cause of blackmail done by PRC that other countries had to choose between PRC or ROC. it maintains relations with many countries officially and unofficially. i will not be continuing this discussion cause of forum rules.

In China, there are indeed many people questioning this, considering the rampant bureaucracy and the phenomenon of companies encroaching on workers’ rights (forced overtime, arbitrary dismissal of workers). :smiling_face_with_tear:
Many people (mainly young people) miss the workers’ rights during the Mao era.
Of course, there is a lot of debate about this era, but overall the impression is positive, and people have learned more about the truth in the discussion of historical facts (social science societies from some of China’s best universities, memoirs of parties involved, and scholars who have personally experienced that period of history), rather than the government’s smearing and intentional blurring of the past.

I won’t discuss more, considering the forum rules.

1 Like

Steam’s Chinese Mainland area is indeed unable to search HOI4. But no one is prohibited from playing it or posting related videos. However, transferring Steam to Hong Kong (or other regions, but with greater difficulty) is just a matter of finger movement, and there are numerous legal tutorials related to it

I lived here before tactil phones and flat screen TV exist, TV shows are weird, cartoons has a weird sense of disciplines, there is always some chinese war movies about eight route army beating Japs or KMTs, the usual soap opera from Hong Kong channels with sometimes some old animation serie, News that rarely talk about any incidents but weather report and economy, history channel about old dynasty and folklore…

I was here when wenchuan and sichuan earthquake happened, and participated the donation

Little that I know after a decade I left PRC, people start digging about the Earthquake and publish them in the internet, shite about the donations, questionable infrastructure and constructions, missing reporters… You won’t find those in PRC News in their TV or website

2 Likes

so you admit that it is banned from sales in mainland?

how you get access to banned games and legality of their gameplay videos isnt up to debate here. DF and its chinese partners want game that is legal in china and that it wont cause problems with sales in china.

The animation industry in China is indeed not good. But there are also a few decent animated works. I saw some when I was a child. Animation from the 1970s to 1980s had a more Chinese artistic style, while there were very few after 2000. Fortunately, Chinese art styles have become popular again recently.

Those are just comedy works for the older generation to entertain, not real historical dramas.

You can find these discussions mostly on the Internet. No country’s media will focus on describing their own country’s shortcomings. I know how media outlets such as BBC and CNN conceal certain domestic issues. For example, the toxic gas leak in Ohio and the illegal discharge of radioactive wastewater in the UK. They have all been suppressed in terms of dissemination scale.

It is difficult to determine who is speaking more truthfully. But I believe less in international rumors. I use VPN a lot, and some international stereotypes and conspiracy theories are simply outrageous.
There is even a saying in China that goes, “Only when you use VPN will you realize how many advantages China has.”

Enlisted is legal now, but not available on Steam mainland. It’s simple.
The Chinese cultural authorities tend to only criticize “suspicious” games rather than prohibiting people from playing them. Unless there is a significant problem, such as BF4, with very clear political propaganda content

well it is not available on steam anywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

iirc online games need to partner with chinese corporations for release in china and enlisted has its own chinese version.

Anyway, I want to thank you for this. :handshake:

This is not necessary. It’s just that China’s underdeveloped gaming industry has led to more of these companies (rather than game development companies)

After 10 years they still airing those shite

They don’t even bother to cover it up, or very poorly, Evergrande collapse and its roots, concentration camps, Tibet as whole, the Hong Kong protest, their interest on Taiwan, their irrational hatred against Japan(they are hypocrite too), their conflict with India and Pacific Sea… PRC is something out of George Orwell works

This is undoubtedly a good thing.

The excessive expansion of real estate has been criticized by many people. This is a common topic in Chinese leisure time

I used to drive around Xizang. Basically, you can go anywhere you want, as long as there are roads. I haven’t seen any so-called “concentration camps” or military controlled residential areas. I am quite certain that it is a Western rumor.
Many parts of Xinjiang are indeed under military control due to rampant terrorism. I know some teachers who went there to assist local education work, and some of their colleagues died in terrorist attacks

Nationalism has replaced internationalism as a priority propaganda. This has indeed been criticized by many people.

You can find similar things in any country. The Western world today is more like “Brave New World” and is also an dystopian work.
Compared to the superficial “authorization”, people are less aware of the impact and shaping of commodities and consumerism on people. The Frankfurt School, Sartre, and Foucault all have similar criticisms

are you certain? cause i was under impression that you need chinese partner that will operate the game and make it so it complies with chinese laws.

Blizzard’s games have been available in China since 2008 through collaboration with NetEase. Under local law, foreign developers are required to partner with Chinese firms to enter the market.

from

EA doens’t have one, I think.