New event/premium paratrooper for Japan

Many people didn’t/weren’t able get Japanese paratroopers squad. Even if they got one, the Americans got 2. Opinion: Japan should have another paratrooper squad. There para box choices should slightly differ from the Rikusentai squad. For their default weapons, I recommend they work like the Soviet paratroopers; you can switch weapons. They could have the Type 1 TERA rifle (which is Type 38 cavalry cut in half), but I don’t want to have bolt actions as soon as I drop, compared to the Americans having Welgun and M1A1 carbine (this weapon is also not so good). P.S. i am prepared for your rants against this opinion.

6 Likes

I think we shouldn’t continue with event paratroopers trend.
It is time to finally add proper paratroopers I and II to tech tree so everyone can get them.

22 Likes

I agree with this too. Although everyone will just drop to point.
Edit: They can probably limit the amount of paratroopers like how Tanks, Planes and half-tracks

I don’t think so, paratroopers were heavily nerfed. Your bots are now falling in extremely slow speed.

I can easily kill all paratrooper bots before they even land now.

They are definitely not as versatile as they were before.

1 Like

Yea once someone see you landing it basically over

I know this since I used them a lot to build rally behind the enemy

1 Like

It’s not like they fall slower than they should, they just open their chute so early that by the time they touch down, you either died or secured the landing zone alone already.

1 Like

No, they’re slowing way slower than before.

Before, you had to aim way lower to hit them. Which is no longer the case. It’s a lot more intuitive now, so more people can shoot them down.

Even you, as player, can open parachute way later than before.
Before the safe distance was ±300m, now it is only 200m.

2 Likes

Yep can vouch for that since I’m a danger close drop kinda guy

Sacrificing a bit of hp for a safe LZ is good unless it in middle of the point

Oh, I see what you mean now. They used to fall too fast, and in fact the player had to open chute way earlier, now they fall slower but they still open early like they used to, so they take longer to reach the ground.

Yep, that’s exactly what is happening rn. Funnily enough this wasn’t (most likely) even intentional. It appeared with fix to AI which was randomly dying while parachuting.

So we don’t even know if this is feature, bug or just unfinished fix.

other than that, they can also probably limit the amount of paratroopers in 1 battle. With that paratroopers might be more viable for TT

Yeah, there should be very likely some class limits per line up in future.

Funnily enough, they’ll most likely introduce special slots for premium squads which can ignore this limitation, so…

at least that’s what we know according to latest official info

This part is starting to look more and more like it’s scheduled to be in the same patch as bipods fix.

I don’t think we’ll get bipods that soon. :PP

That’s the point…

I get the point of the joke you have made (I would give you like, but my social credit is too low), I just don’t believe that’s the case. I would expect class limits and premium squad slot in the same update. And my personal bet is that we’ll see it in this or next month.

But I am not that optimistic about bipods.

That too, I actually meant that paratroopers will be limited like vehicles are “2/2 vehicles are being used by team” sometehing like that in tanks. But paratroopers it will be like “3/3 squads are being used by team” so no guaranteed paratrooper spam. But yeah your misunderstanding is also a good suggestion

Tbh, I really do not like this kind of limitation. I really do not want to be influenced by stuff that others do.
It is nothing more frustrating than wanting to play tank, but 2 campers in your team are already blocking slots.

Good point

First, the gun sights need to be fixed first and foremost; I haven’t used them since pre-merge.

1 Like