New BR4 Japan Attacker

B7A2. B7A2 - War Thunder Wiki

2x 20mm (400 Rounds)
+
(1) 2 x 250 kg Navy Type 98 Number 25 bombs + 4 x 60 kg Navy Type 97 Number 6 bombs (740 kg total)
or
(2) 1 x 800 kg Number 80 Mod. 1 bomb (800 kg total)

Japan’s current BR4 attacker D4Y1 is extremely over-tiered. It only has 2x 7.7mm MG which are useless and 1x500kg while having the worst optic sight of all time making aiming the MG’s a chore. It’s equivalent to a German BR2 Stuka (Ju-87 R-2) in capabilities.

A BR2 plane is the best Japan has, yet it’s BR4 so it has to fight P38J, Corsairs, P51D. Come on lads.

14 Likes

Good suggestion! I like it.

Current BR4 Japanese attacker is quite underwhelming.

1 Like

Best part is, the entire thing is modelled and completed in War Thunder lmao. PORT BABY.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the Grace a torpedo dive bomber though?
What would they torpedo?

Tiger 2, looks enough like a land battleship to me oops same team
hmm… maybe they could create an anti infantry torpedo lol

It didn’t just carry torpedo

I’d have to look that up. The Grace was very late war and was designed to be carrier-bound. None of them ever left a carrier because we had already sent all of the Japanese carrier fleets to the bottom of the Pacific.

It obviously would have had its 20mm cannons and you could certainly arm it with a bomb for dive bombing.

But the Grace didn’t really DO anything in the war.

Irrelevant really, because many thing in this game is even more a-historical.

3 Likes

I want Darkflow to respect and do correctly how Japan used their equipments. Most of the carrier based plane were operated from carriers and land airfields. The D4Y1 is one of them and multiple variant of it were used from land airfields. They should be given both air spawn and carrier spawn. WT respect this and actually give it both spawn.

Same squad as used in game operating from land airfield.

1 Like

The last fighter currently in the Japan tech tree is the best attacker today.

Exactly. That’s why they need something like this badly. 800kg bomb OR you can do 1x 250kg and 4x 50kg so tons of surface area bombing (10-20kill strike) and the 20mm means you can farm bombers for once.

carrier spawn yes please, air spawn hell no not when my entire team can be 50m closest man to 80 m furthest and get squad wiped planes are bade enough as is
in warthuder you have only vehicles meaning you have to be accurate when a bomb in the same postal area kills my entire squad we don’t need a player with two planes in their que rotating bomb kamikazi- infantry - bomb kamikazi

It is
Future ki 44 also better
There’s also Army Aviation planes, twin engine attacker planes, Zero’s with rockets, A6M7 and more

Most of these are complete garbage in this meta. For fighter the option is n1k2 or ki84 both BR5.