New Battlefield - Rzhev

Oh no, the burned down church isn’t exactly 1:1 copy to real life. What a tragedy.

Historical authenticity is ruined and this map should be deleted.

4 Likes

I would consider that putting “reusing assets” and “historical recreate” together can be seen as overdone.

Besides, when the players knew that “reusing aseets is common”, back to the official website there was a

The battlefields of different countries are completely different from each other

1 Like

It’s what truly killed H&G: no new map in years.

Enlisted is not doing that mistake at least and I’m glad of it.

Enlisted map artists, and all assets artists, are something, in Enlisted. These guys have my appreciation.

6 Likes

The map looks great! But for some reason it feels woefully similar to Moscow in certain respects. Adding in Manchuria or Khalkin Gol with brand new assets would have been way more nicer in my opinion. Still I will take what I get. Just to get out of the monotony of playing Stalingrad and Berlin.

3 Likes

You can have your opinion but that’s not mine.

Moscow, Normandy, Ardenne, Tunisia, Berlin, seeloe heigh, various Pacific island, Stalingrad, Stalingrad factory and now rzhev, enlisted has already more map and location than any other fps out there

4 Likes

That’s because is in front of Moscow, you can say this is the second round of the battle of Moscow

1 Like

Yeah. I get that. I searched up the Battle of Rzhev once they announced it. But for some reason I would have preferred a completely new set of assets on a winter map. Perhaps the Oder-Vistulla offensive or something.

3 Likes

The setting stretch from the winter of the 42 to the summer of 43 because the map is BR 1-5, as Stalingrad i think it would be probably get new map location based in a different time frame

1 Like

Yeah. I see what they are trying to do. Hopefully, they have some new maps for the Western Front as well as the Pacific in the pipeline as well.

1 Like

I would love to have map inspired on battle over Fort Winiary.
Very fanatical battle. Similar to battle over Brest Fortress. But literally just uno reverse card.

2 Likes

Nice. I will definitely look this one up. I also remember fighting in the snowy factory area in Warsaw in CoD 1. Could be a great addition as well.

The German general in charge there was a classic caricature of a fanatical Nazi.

Commencing the final struggle for the old fortress. At this point, Generalmajor Gonell gave his troops permission to attempt to escape, but it was too late. Gonell refused to be captured and committed suicide by lying down on a swastika flag and shooting himself in the head.

2 Likes

OMG! Thanks for sharing this incredible piece of history.

is it weird for me to find that kinda badass? like choosing to die (even tho in this case suicide) on your nation flag sound kinda badass to me

2 Likes

So guys do you think this location is cool?
I guess new map = new stuff to play (both in main game and mod editor)

QQ图片20240606211830

9 Likes

Btw COD 1(basically every cod) is terrible in historical accuracy so don’t mention it

2 Likes

Oh really? I thought that part was based on a real location. Might have to look that one up as well it seems.

-Anzio, Montecassino and Gothic Line noises-

5 Likes