Nerf type hei automatic rifle

just went to check stats of type hei automatic rifle and noticed that it is currently OP gun (at least based on stats cause i didnt grind it). it is available to all soldiers and should be in class of fg42/AVT/m2 carbine.

fg42 has 20 round magazine, full SA rifle damage, but it is balanced by having high recoil
AVT has 15 round magazine, full SA rifle damage, but it is balanced with medium recoil
m2 carbine has 30 rounds magazine, AR damage, but it is balanced with low recoil
type hei AR has 30 rounds magazine, SA damage and low recoil and it is most accurate with lowest dispersion.

considering balance type hei AR should have highest recoil between those guns.

15 Likes

It is a very delicate balancing affair. On the one hand it should definitely recieve a little bit of recoil. But again its overall functionality must not be effected. After all it is the only good weapon that the Japanese have got at BR V other than the Type 100 MG. However, things might change if and when they decide to add an AR for the Japanese. Since they will also recieve an Assault Engineer squad in the near future.

2 Likes

idk what is so delicate about it. this is weapon that should be comparable to fg42/AVT40/m2 carbine but somehow has best stats out of all 3. it has mag capacity of m2 carbine, damage of fg42, recoil of m2 carbine and not to mention lowest dispersion.
btw m2 carbine needs 2 bullets to kill, while type hei AR needs 1-2 bullets depending on distance and vitality perk.

also AR for japanese? to counter exactly what AR for USA? they already got superior smg than USA BR5.

4 Likes

Might have been better to give 20-round Hei automatic rifle it would have put it in line with all other SA rifle and give it federov recoil since its firing same round as Fedorov that means a little higher recoil but not much and 20 round would have limited its potential

4 Likes

The word ‘delicate’ has been used to underscore the vitality of this weapon in the Japanese tech tree. There was already one round of balancing that this weapon underwent in the test server. In terms of its fire rate itself. As far as the Assault Engineers are concerned both these squads have been confirmed by the helpers on this forum.

1 Like

Bipods and bayonets have an affect on guns so low recoil might be result of those but again 6.5 is not a powerful cartirage so recoil in General shouldn’t be too high like AVT or FG-42 but a little recoil increase would be Ok maybe change 30 round to 20 but not much it would be overkill also mind the bolt which jumps to block you vision every time you shoot(Like luger)

2 Likes

Honestly despite it’s advantages it has cons of its own. One of them being that the sights are bad and difficult to aim similar to the Hei where you have to be punctual, otherwise you’ll miss your shots which is similar to both the hei and type 4 garand. The second one is the mechanism blocks the sights every time that is shot. Thirdly you only get 2 mags overall which is troublesome, you either have to request ammo for your npc squad soldier, have a engineer to make ammo crates or purchase a ammo belt and that only gives you either 1 or 2 mags (depending on which one you buy which prevents you from equipping a grenade bag for more grenades, or a satchel for more health kits or tool box)

4 Likes

well i doubt that they will go with 20 rounds considering that 30 rounds is modeled and it is already in the game. they really cant nerf damage cause it wouldnt make sense considering other SA damage with same cartridge, so only thing that is left is removing recoil multiplicator so that instead of its 13V 5H it gets 52V 19H and maybe worse dispersion making it closer to fg42 with 30 round magazine.

exactly how it is different from fg42 that gets even less rounds? fg42 has 20 rounds magazine with 2 extra magazines. so AVT and fg42 get 60 bullets in total just like type hei AR

1 Like

That’s too harsh considering that Federov which fires the same round has an actual recoil of 16 and 5 doesn’t have a bipod and bayonet which affect recoil and is lighter by 400 grams, so I would say bring it closer to AVT’s recoil with half recoil multiplier that means hei’s recoil would be 26 and 10(actual recoil) a little more than AVT also 6,5 is way smaller round than 8mm mauser which FG fires so giving it FG recoil would be stupid in my mind

4 Likes

Tokyo Arsenal SMG is so good that it could be as well BR5. It’s better than Thompson drum 50 and 100. Americans will most likely get their own AR so Hei Automatic should get a nerf (recoil is too low) but not a huge one otherwise people that invested 200k+ silver in upgrading them will stop playing Japan all together.

Hei Auto should have similar recoil as Fedorov (or maybe not exactly since ammo casings are blocking your view) since it’s a high damaging weapon with great rof, right now you can spam it like AS-44/STG44 while having +44% more dmg.

4 Likes

I mean yeah they fire the same round but hei is more heavy which means it should have less recoil like the current one at least if we follow logic but balance wise it would be not good so increasing the recoil a little bit might be fine

I see what’s going on here but everyone needs to keep in mind Japan doesn’t actually belong in BR5 and the only reason we’re here is because of DF so overall let’s just leave things alone unless we’re gonna address all the other problems for Japan.

1 Like

all those values are arbitrary anyways. if you check stats fedorov somehow it has 1.3 less damage, higher recoil and higher dispersion than type hei AR.

btw if you want to leave those stats, then i would like half the recoil for fg42 and more damage for m2 carbine as well as 30 rounds magazine for AVT40

also how did
Type_Hei_c

come to have 30 rounds magazine?

DF logic

It has both 30 and 20 round models thas’s how

2 Likes

lmg

6 Likes

Why does this have to be said over and over. Yes, this damn jap fantasy weapon needs a nerf.

And Japan never belonged in BR5 and maybe not even BR4

2 Likes

never saw that 30 round model mentioned… well kinda understandable with paper weapons…

1 vertical recoil more doesent mean much TBH

this reminds me of that meme where somebody said MP-28 is better than soviet gun since it does 1 more damage all gun has their trade offs M2 carbine bolt doesn’t block your vision every time you shoot

Had to balance somehow still not bad 0.25 is workabale

Damn right I want that sh*t,too + bayonet + start in auto

sure if devs want to add that drum mag AVT-40 exist don’t know the drums size though but guess between 25 to 30

You know what I want Robihr FG-42 fitted with 8MM kurz round (they existed no know picture but there are letters asking for more of them to be built ) they most likely were fitted with MKB 42 or MP43’s mags that means FG42 with 30 round 8mm Kurz +less recoil

4 Likes