My idea of how you could get France to fit as a faction in game with the way they were in the real war

Please use quote or explain your opinion in more detail because its confusing.

Hard, France don’t have much tech tree. because they are didnt have long war enough and just surrender.

The devs could dig up some prototypes if they need to. If they managed to make japan happen i dont see problems with frances equipment.

Japan didn’t launch with anything above what is now BR3.

1 Like

I can help

1 Like

They dont know either
They even confused ardennes with hürtgen
So dont have high hopes

1 Like

Lol Japan is possible because they literally fight until 1945.
France surrender on 1940.
How is the 2 comparable?

1 Like

ever heard of vichy france and free france?

They barely make any stuff.

In real life japan had mostly arisaka type 99s and their most numerous tanks were ha gos and chi has. Even their smgs like type 100 were extremely rare. If the devs managed to work with that i dont see problem with france

Nonsense
Japan and france situations were totally different.
Vichy france forces were restrained from big weapons and military size was not even 100k.
When france surrendered, millions of frenchmen sent to germany as cheap labour force.
Whole economic assets of france were under german control to feed german industry.
Even after the liberation, most militarily eligible french males were still under german captivity.
Except couple of brigades, free french didnt even played any significant role in western front 44-45.
Muricans and brits did the heavy lifting.
Free french were mostly token collection of soldier from still anti vichy colonies from africa. They used british weapons, had no tanks nor planes.

1 Like

Lol, France need to have many prototypes to start with. France didn’t have much because it surrender on 1940.
It is incomparable to Japan since they fight until 1945.

1 Like

They were not even present as a seperate army of a free country to begin with.

There are tons of guns from ww1 and interwar period that france could have. Tanks and planes are also no problem because wt has plenty
French Faction Tech Tree and Battle Ratings - Suggestions - Enlisted
Scuffed french progression tree - Mess Room - Enlisted
Here are some posts with french guns

I’ll just copy-paste what I’ve said a dozen times. This is in my opinion the only possible way of adding France and other nations, within a common faction tree.

3 Likes

If france cant be a nation by its own why not separate brits from muricans and merge france and brits. They fought together and they would have enough equipment to be their own nation

Too little compare to Japan. This is why I said they are not comparable.

Sure thing but unlike japan france doesnt need to be pushed in high br. They could work really well as an br 1-3 faction. That way the devs dont need to add too many unrealistic prototypes. If that doesnt work then the devs can merge britain and france. France would be low br and britain high br

Honestly, I also support the idea of a standalone tree for other countries, but the French tree is one of the trees I view negatively along with the Chinese tree. Indeed, in the early stages of World War II, being an independent nation meant they could somehow fill in the 1-2BR, but as they move towards 3BR, there are many areas where they are inferior to other countries.

France… Even if they combine their domestically produced weapons, it seems too difficult to make even one tree. In the first place, to solve this, they would have to borrow weapons from other countries, which I personally dislike. If they do this, it undermines the justification for having a standalone tree, and besides, the current situation (although the developers have stated that there are no plans to release a standalone country tree, let’s overlook these trivial issues) suggests that the UK is probably the most likely candidate.

They can easily fill in 1-3BR with domestically produced weapons alone, and with a slight borrowing of weapons from the US, they can easily fill in 3-5BR.

1 Like

Precisely, they can be a subfaction but cannot stand by themselves.