My delusional tech tree proposal (weapons only)

Some additional notes about researching

• Flamethrowers start at Rank 4 and require researching at least one SMG and LMG of Rank 3 or 4.
  • Mortars start at Rank 2 and require researching at least one weapon from the AT weapon line of Rank 1 or 2.
  • LMGs start at Rank 2 and require researching at least one SMG of Rank 2 (except for USSR since they don’t have any).
  • Grenade Launching Rifles require researching at least one mortar.
  • AT Rifles, SMGs and Rifles can be freely researched from the beginning.

The idea here is to have 3 mains pools of ranks:

• 0-3: BA Rifles, GL Rifles, Scoped Rifles, Early Semi-Autos, Early SMGs, Early LMGs, solid shot AT weapons, some low power HEAT projectile based weapons and mortars

• 4-6: Semi-Autos, Enhanced GL Rifles, Scoped Semis, Good SMGs, Good LMGs, HEAT projectile based weapons, High-Caliber Mortars, Early Flamethrowers and Best Scoped BA Rifles

• 7-9: Select Fire Rifles, Scoped Automatic Rifles, Late Flamethrowers, Best SMGs, Assault Rifles, High Capacity LMGs

Some of the reasoning:

• Japan’s tree is pretty straight forward.
  • USSR’s rifle tree splits between fast firing repeating carbines (Mosin Carbines + Winchester) and hard hitting long rifles and merges back together for Semis.
  • US’s rifle tree splits between Enfield rifles, scoped Springfields and Semi-Autos path.
  • Axis LMGs are split between the fast firing LMGs (ZB-26, MG42, MG15) and the slower firing ones (MG13, MG34, MG34 75 rds) . It can also branch out to the OVP 1918 and to research Rank 3 SMGs from the LMG line.
  • Axis SMGs are split between Italian fast firing SMGs (Berettas and later Kiraly and MP717 for those who bought the Stalingrad pack) and German hard-hitting SMGs (MP38, MP40, MP35, ZK-383, Mkbs and StGs). It can also branch out from the MP3008 to the VG 1-5 and then to the Gewehr 41.
  • Axis Rifles are split between once again Germany and Italy but merges later at Semis.
5 Likes

I like your idea a lot.

I think it would be good to subnations has (like italy for example) completely seperated branches in tech tree.
They do not necessarily need top tier stuff or ending. But devs could continually adding stuff to those subbranches.
For example in German tech tree, there could be completely seperated branch for czech subnation, italy nation and in future they could add French branch and romanian branch. They could even add completely volkasturm branch with some more experimental stuff too.
All those branches could end up just with tier 3/4 stuff. It’s still German tech tree afterall and they should have the best equipment.

So there wouldn’t be a need for completely seperated few other nations and it’s tech trees (which wouldn’t be good for MM).

One bog branch that would mix random weapons of 4 nations completely unseperated and without logic is just meh. It doesn’t feel good nor isn’t interesting.

There’s very big potential in those sub branches, I think. They should think into future too. They should be counting on stuff that are not ingame yet but could have been.

But I already lost all hope. Tech tech tree they has presented is just terrible. It showing they literally don’t have any idead what they’re doing or they just simply doesn’t care anymore.
There’s literally no logic or reasoning behind tech tree they showed us. And even balance isn’t that good. Fausts vs 34 and pz IV, what a joke.
Thing they did is completely effortless and shameless. And I don’t respect them as much as I did before. Literally everyone could made up a better tree than they did.

DF’s tree proposal is ridiculous, right now it’s “you can’t grind what you want because in-between there’s all the other weapon types and vehicles”, but in the future guess what? You still can’t grind what you want because there’s now weapons from all other campaigns randomly thrown in-between

1 Like

Yep, exactly. It’s no wonder we didn’t get any reasoning for it. Their techtree is not based not any logical decisions. There’s is no bigger idea behind it.

They just try to match stuff of same power level (which even this they didn’t get right lol) in completely unimaginative lines.

I bet they didn’t even think about future (except for filling up Japanese and merican tech trees).

I cannot imagine they were brainstorming with their development team and this is outcome. It’s literally based on nothing. It’s complete randomness and it’s sad af.

I hope they’re not planning to implement it on end of current BP.

This is definitely the best tech tree proposal I’ve seen so far. I like how you package everything up neatly within their nations. Very well done.

1 Like