Mods Digest: The First!

But official maps files contains KEYs of team/sector settings.
And why we should set like that is a mystery.

For programmer, there’s several overall problems:
Why these sentences work (Your official map files)?
Why these sentences dosent work (Our own settings with some modification according to the hint)?
Why these work before (in editors) but not working now (in real game)?

1 Like

It seems I misunderstood you. You are not talking about the action, but about the mission. OK. I will pass it on to the developers.

2 Likes

Ehhh. Do we have “action settings”?

Sorry, I dont know where you are talking about. :joy: Is it in console commend?

(I really dont know we have “action settings”. I only knows all of our map is saved in that blk file. And portal added another json that include some other settings)

Keo, when can we have rewards obtained from playing in mod maps? This would give people more passion in participating in these maps.
(And yes, of course, you can add some restrictions )

6 Likes

Even 50% would be nice

4 Likes

20% is not bad, because I plan to mainly play customization modes in the future :grinning:

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but maybe mods would get a lot more exposure in-game server browser rather than on a page.

1 Like

This is an interesting idea. I think the administrator can test these maps and give a corresponding judgment: what percentage of points should be given to the custom mode

1 Like

i wanted to post a lot of imho important things, but accordig to ur concern i just want to warn other players: Do not spend much money here, developers are good gamemakers but project managing looks like students project where developers just work on what they want and this game will be death in a year.

I agree and I propose a fair system over your suggestion.

Same xp as right now on a match per action, but the outcome with a hard cap at for example 30k xp for premium players, 20k for non premium players.

It’s a fair xp cap that will prevent abuses on infinite spawn maps.

If the player did a 100.000xp match will only gain 30k or 20k if isn’t premium.

Why, There is more than actually playing a cool match on a cool setting, time and xp gained is a huge factor for players on a game based on xp gained per match.

If no xp, why most would play it?

5 Likes

and why on earth a premium user should earn more over non prem on custom maps ?¿

2 Likes

To make people invest?
To keep the business going? And as such a game to everyone play?
To have another selling point on a product?
Etc…
Or,
Or, if the outcome was the same, why bother with premium, just do a infinite spawn match against bots and farm if the outcome was the same. And by that, why should one invest. . (stupid example but hopefully you get my point)

nope.

doesn’t sounds quite right.

considering all the other stuff.

making almost everything for a purpose to buy premium is quite a bad pratice.

so…

yeah, not a good excuse if you ask me.

2 Likes

Well makes sence, I got your point to be trully honest. But still, business need to be made.

It’s just a suggestion based on current, keyword current way of how they profit from us.

Imo it’s a nice way to approach it and still make a profit for the ones that want xp, tbh it’s just my suggestion, they could do it a million times better or worst, but no xp isn’t the right way to approach this.

Rather have what I suggest than no xp at all.

Atleast there is a hardcap against possible exploiters and, a possible xp outcome.

For a non premium player to get 20k xp, he needs to play way more than I current do with premium on a normal match. Consider that.

There are solutions for community made content to be XP enabled for grinding games.
Do you know Whitelisted?
Just examine top mods and pick qualified mods as whitelisted mods to enable XP registration.

2 Likes

That’s also a nice way to aproach this.

Make a mode listed as non exploited one and make it generate xp as a normal match

The problem is that mods can be edited on the fly, and make a whitelisted one, a exploited one by changing 2 parameters.

After whitelisted, white listed will freeze the mods version. No more change can be made. Any new changes need to be re-examined.
Go play more games and think more. There’s tons of existed solutions in all other games.

https://enlisted-sandbox.gaijin.net/post/0oNUPtPwe49TTEJv/manifest/3/
See that “3”
That’s the version number that can not be changed after uploads.
The only way to exploit the mods is by the room creator, manually edit the file again. That’s how players exploit room sizes days before.

3 Likes

We can’t create the mod room today. There must be a big problem with the server! This gave us a bad experience and disrupted our plans to make movies

How do I make an update or fix a bug for my mod?

Since making mods is an amateur, mods may have many bugs and updates may be frequent.

I think there should be a version number for the mod to be used for mod updates

Shiivex I understand your point too, and it’s true with the current monetization of the game, revenue sources are always needed. But I Agree with ErikaKalkbrenner Premium Players get enough perks as it is. It’s actually pretty simple, you or someone is bored with the Standard Campaigns, and still want to play Enlisted, the User-Created Maps are there. Obviously, like all other games that allowed user-created maps, the best maps get play, the bad ones don’t, I haven’t been active in FPS gaming for years so if there are cross-over perks for playing user-created maps I wouldn’t know. However back in the day some user-created maps made a lot of money for game companies who took the ideas and packaged and sold updated versions of their game, I don’t recall users getting perks for playing user-created maps. IMO, no one except the creator of good maps should get perks for playing User-Created Maps.

1 Like