Mod Portal suggestions

Alrighty.

So, it has been a while since we had an update ( talking about visual one and to some extent, technical one as well ) over the portal.

And today I would like to add my two cents on what the portal should be improved upon, and change a few things.

Because right now, it’s both user un-friendly, and even less for modders/ creators .

So, I guess this is more of a bulletin board of what needs to change. I must admit, it can be extensive and leghty. So let’s begin:

——————————suggestions——————————

• fix the edit button over comments

It doesn’t work like it used to.
If I want to add change logs of my own mods, make players aware in the first comment of bugs or stuff, for god’s know reasons, it doesn’t work anymore like it used to.

————————————————————

• let creators have an information bulletin board or section to give a few details about themselves or the type of mods they do over their own profile page

Like the forum description box.

It would be extremely useful so we can leave a few details, like, tell to those who look at our profile what the modders primarily make, perhaps leave a few links or discord / steam nicknames if they want to reach out etc.

It’s truly sad that we have nothing of that or being forced to type it over our profile header.

————————————————————

• fix scrolling bug that has been present for years now; When i scroll down in my profile it jumps back to the top after a certain amount of mods.
    ( by @Bazsi37 )

————————————————————

• Auto update for mods; When launching mods in the game it should automatically fetch updates. Or notify the player with a message.
    ( also by @Bazsi37 )

————————————————————

• let modders able to chose specifically which faction gets to play and which cosmetics are allowed by selecting cosmetics in a separate option.

because if i for example, want to make a japan vs ussr, i cannot prevent german players from joining in the japan team because i can only select campaigns rather than defined armies.

( by @iso_seppo123 )

————————————————————

• increase font over mods description

You have no idea how restricting it is.
It’s really frustrating.

For example, in my battle of toy, I could barely type the lore plus literally 3 tips.
Or how to host it.

Modders Can’t even mention changelogs. They are forced to put them in the comments.

————————————————————

• change /fix the searching function ( search bar )

Who in the hell even uses #s anymore .
It’s not 2010 all over again.

I legit cannot find majority of mods that I am looking for.
For example, if I have to find a specific mod, I have to remember the author nickname, hope to find one of his mods, click his profile, scroll etc.

When… I should only have to type the name of the mod and find it right away instead of these workarounds. Or… an #
Which we all know who uses # often types bullshits just to trend or even get noticed.

————————————————————

• protect hangar mods by encrypting them similar to mods

Modders are getting screwed over by bad actors that steal other mods and repost them without permission or, in some cases, even without modifying them and act them like they made it.

Had already to appeal to custom support once because of it, and saw some other users hangar getting steamed and reposted.

————————————————————

• add a skin and sound section over the portal.

would be great to find and have skins and sound mode over the dedicated portal section like war thunder.

Also, to once again protect assets by bad actors.

————————————————————

And that’s about it. I know it’s not a priority, but sooner or later, those would be beneficial to have for everyone sake.

If any other modder think I missed any or wants to introduce new ones to the list, let me know by writing it down below. And if there’s enough demand or a no brained to have, I’ll add it.

5 Likes

We should also should be able to restrict the armies we want to fight. If i want to make soviets vs japan i currently need to choose pacific campaign and eastern front campaign to have both armies. There is always chance for someone to join with USA or germany and i have no way to restrict them

2 Likes

:pray:
amen

1 Like
  • Also fix scrolling bug that has been present for years now; When i scroll down in my profile it jumps back to the top after a certain amount of mods.

• Auto update for mods; When launching mods in the game it should automatically fetch updates. Or notify the player with a message.

3 Likes

Also they should finally add a

„Sound mods“

Category so i can finally upload sound mods

2 Likes

:arrow_down_small: :arrow_down_small: :arrow_down_small:

1 Like