MKb42(G) for BR3 Germany

Despite the name, the Mkb42(G) is not an assault rifle, rather, it was a self loading rifle in 7.92 Mauser.

When you compare Germany’s self loading rifle for BR3, the G41, to other rifles such as the M1 garand or SVT-38, it really falls short due to it’s painfully slow reload.
(Germany does have the VG1-5 here, though that weapon fulfils a different role as an aggressive spamfire carbine as opposed to making precise and damaging shots.)

The Mkb42(G) could be an interesting gold order weapon in order to give BR3 Germany a nice alternative to the G41. It would be ideal if it could be balanced to be similar to the SVT-38 so that the MKb42(G) may reside in BR3 where it would be seen in early war campaigns such as Moscow, which would be most fitting for it.

20 Likes

probably would fit just fine in tech tree.

As gold order it definitely wouldnt hurt balance in any manner.

I mean if it gets a magazine reload, it would be pretty nice, but I would rather see the G41 having a slightly better reload speed, doesn’t need to be much, but just a bit to bring it in line with other rifles of same BR.

I have a feeling darkflow wants Germany to have bad self loading rifles as a tradeoff for having weapons like the VG1-5 and MG34 in the same BR for them

Which is why my original idea is for the Mkb42(g) to be a gold order weapon, but if it can be fit into the tech tree, that’s even better

1 Like

This sounds cool

There was 2 variants one was select fire and one was self loading so technically its battle rifle both variants