Merge is very flawed but overall a success

The merge is finally here and after playing for a bit my opinion has formed on it.

First the problems.

• The BR spread is too excessive at the moment, BR tier 2 players should never be in lobbies with tier 4 and 5 players as I have experienced today.
  • The new systems have not been properly displayed on the UI for players to easily understand things like what BR they are currently. This could be detrimental to the experience of new players who already get lost in the many menus of Enlisted.
  • There have been some errors with the transition to the new update, some people are experiencing problems such as missing cosmetics. Hopefully this can be fixed.
  • Certain weapons and vehicles need to be moved around in the BR system. But I am sure as players continue to play the new update needed changes to the BR of certain weapons and squads will become more evident and adjustments will be made.

Despite these issues, I am having more fun playing the game than I have in a long time. For these reasons:

• Matches are full of real, human, players. Almost all of my matches today have real players on both sides, making matches closer and more exciting. Much less bot farming that has been so boring for so long.
  • The join any team button has allowed me and my friends to que for all factions simultaneously, a feature I have been anticipating for a very long time. I really enjoy playing all the factions, and I am glad it is easy to do so all at once.
  • The BR system, though controversial, has finally given me a reason to use weapons that I haven’t touched in a very long time and I can use them without feeling like I am purposefully using worse vehicles/equipment for no reason. I can use bolt actions and bad tanks guilt-free and that is a really good feeling. I feel like I am able to really explore Enlisted’s vast weapon library again and it is very fun trying to come up with interesting presets for each BR level.

Overall, I am having a lot of fun. The merge may have been released too early or before it was ready, but I am hopeful that many of the issues users are currently having with the mechanics of the merge will be fixed over time.

19 Likes

what I think about the merger

1. it was too quick. we dont get many time to prepare for it
  2. yes the real player got concentrated whoch make every game a hard battle but I also want ai genocide games. with regular reward
  3. soo many details are not completed. for example the honer upgrade is a mess. There are too many squads for old players and it is impossinle to arrange things among all the squads
  4. the new perk system is not completed enough. Does not meet the “wonderful combination” standard
2 Likes

I agree, there should have been a warning to allow players to prepare more. I am confused that they didn’t give players a warning when they had a chance.

Thats fair, I understand that some people prefer that kind of gameplay more. I personally like matches with players more, but maybe the developers can release a mode either with more ai or a pve style mode to accomodate everyone.

I had assumed that they would allow players to prune their squads as to make the new system more manageable. But I agree, the merge released relatively unpolished and there are many areas in need of attention.

I haven’t really looked at the new perk system much yet, on first glance I don’t see much wrong with it but again I haven’t really looked into it. I am confused by what you mean by “wonderful combination” standard.

I came up with the idea of “squad create system” instead of the current one after the first test. But I dont think the devs see my idea

1 Like

I think it definitely needs some work. I specifically made all of my factions Tier 2 because I wanted to play with bolt actions and earlier war weapons and vehicles but I still had several games against T4/T5 players.

All of which should have been picked up with proper testing.

I’ve lost all my gold, all my gold orders, cant’ find the unique weapons I have, dont’ understand teh weapon progression system , it doesnt’ tell you what BR a squad is at - you have to emember every fucking weapon’s position and who you’ve given them too…

I can’t even get the stupid thing organised well enough to want to bother wasting my time with a fucked up BR MM system, - why would I bother, KNOWING teh game doesn’t work as advertised??

Well good for you -= looks like you are in a minority - the rest of us clearly aren’t so easily pleased.

And your tour thread title is self contradictory

1 Like

Did you lose Torso uniforms for your soldiers too?

I don’t think its fair to expect the merge to be super balanced after such brief testing phases. But I agree the devs should have understood from tests that placing tier 2 players with tier 4 and 5 players should never happen.

Players who have a accumulated tons of squads and equipment are all facing a massive hurdle of finding all their stuff after it was merged together. I agree that major improvement needs to be made to allow players to manage their squads easier. I think the easiest solution currently is to create a “remove all equipment” button that allows players to completely unequip entire squads so players can more easily re-organize all their equipment.

I agree the UI is in desperate need of an overhaul to better communicate to players what BR squad is. The BR and tech tree systems are somewhat confusing and I feel bad for new players who have to figure all this out on top of all of Enlisteds other systems.

I don’t think so, for something to be a success doesn’t mean it can’t be flawed.

true, but as you can see during the test server time… there’s just not enough player to actually test how fucked the BR system are.

a bit conflicted on darkflow not getting it right from the first time (despite some mildly loud shout about the BR separation thing). on one hand, it sucks, on the other hand, i can kinda see why they’d just make sure things work and then fine tune things with player very upset feedback? :sweat_smile:

you should definitely send a report on you losing all your gold stuff and unique weapons. because they’re transfered just fine for me (as much as measly 100 gold matters)

you’re absolutely right on the “fuck, which squad is the squad i put the fast firing SMG again and which one is the slow firing one again?”
maybe some sort of giving nickname for squads will help? i sure as hell prefer to be able to know which squad is which with nicknames.

i for one, as a scrub with trash gears overall, am actually fine enough with the new merged system. as OP already said, allow for a much more player filled matches. turns out, i didn’t hate moscow campaign! only the part of not enough players!

that said, i only consider the merge is only successful on a couple of points which is:

1. consolidating the (remaining?) playerbase, making it easier to actually get a player filled match.
  2. not causing some game breaking bug (that i know of) and actually transferring the resources properly (except for josephs there who lost all the paid shit, seriously, report that thing after this)
  3. adding a very barebone UI improvement (squad filter) that helps with the squad management. i very hope this is just the start of the UI improvements and not the final improvement.

First of all, everything worked for me with the transfer of the squads and weapons I had already earned. Also the refund of the gold I used for squad slots. :slight_smile:

An advance notice that the update will go live on day X would have been desirable in order to be able to make initial preparations.

Some have already written that they now have too many squads and no longer know the overview. I think that you just need a lot of time to adapt and configure your squads to the new framework conditions.

The only question I have is what makes the most sense for me. Configuration of a squad deck with one squad per tier level.
Or building a deck with different soldier presets.
Somehow both have advantages and disadvantages, I’m just not quite sure which makes the most sense.

What I don’t like so much about the update, however, is that it now creates unbalanced constellations in terms of weapons and technology development levels.
Yesterday I got into a Stalingrad battle in which the majority of players were using Tier 4 and 5 vehicles. (As an example: Panther, IS1, IS2, Tiger)
It’s kind of frustrating when you get into a situation like this with a Tier 2 or Tier 3 deck because everything is thrown together in one big pot.
Apart from the fact that any historical reference to the locations is completely lost. A pity…:frowning:
In my opinion, some fine-tuning is still necessary here.
However, I think it would be bearable if the matches only loaded after 60-120 seconds, but were more balanced and adapted to the locations and eras.

1 Like

Thanks for feedback!

After overcoming my inner weakness and spending a few hours adapting my squads, I have to say that I am quite surprised by the result.
On one side, I’m encouraged to play again with weapons that previously disappeared from my squads. In addition, combination options arise that were not possible before.
In my opinion, this means that you notice a clearer diversity of the weapon systems used on the battlefields.

Once you have completely reworked your decks, this investment of time will be well worth it! My previous battles were noticeably more balanced than before the update. Even if the historical accuracy is lost to some extent.

However, I think it’s a shame that some standard weapons from the first days of the war are only available late.
As an example the MP38. In my opinion, a shift to Tier 2 would be desirable in order to close a gap in German weapons.

“In my opinion, this means that you notice a clearer diversity of the weapon systems used on the battlefields”

but that’s where you’re wrong.

A tiered system like we have now means that there’s a “best in slot” for a “best in rank”.
Once everybody has famred their gear, everybody will have the same as it’s simply just “the best in that specific tier that I want to play”.

And the surprising is, that we already had that “best in slot” in World of Warcraft around 15 years ago. As players could “freeze” their level, they just stopped at the last level for the bracket and got the best gear for that bracket (imagine Rank I, II etc…). Quickly everybody that was farming battlegrounds had all the same gear.

And I will predict the same for the new enlisted. In fact, I already planned out my squads for each tier with best in slot for each of them. So I only use a handful of weapons and vehicles because it doesn’t make sense to use a less powerful vehicle or weapon in that rank (or tier)

Sounds great to me as a system…

Sounds more like old Enlisted tbh.

guess you only played Berlin ??

And Normandy and Moscow and SG and Tunisia. And of course most people only play Berlin and Normandy because that were like the last campaigns that actually had players.
People only used low stuff because they wre bots or newbies.

well, I played all 6 campaigns on both sides.

While I like the new matchmaking and not having to face Red-bull infused ADHD-kiddos with full gear, I have to admit that the weapon diversity is much lower now…which makes sense as explained previously.

Are you still managing your squads or do you only play Rank 5 ? then it would make sense…

Im slightly amused at the explosion on the forums about how BR has destroyed the game

BR 4-5 is no different than the state of Berlin pre merge (gameplay wise)

BR 1-3 is not much different from moscow, stalingrad and tunisia minus drum mags and assault rifles

In effect, the consolidation has kicked in, matches are more populated…BRs hasnt changed much in the scheme of things.

IMO the merge was only half deployed…the other half later lol.

3 Likes

I would say only US High Tier/ Normandy is not the same because M18 Hellcat is same level as Tiger II(H) because reasons.

1 Like

That’s probably true. However, it’s pretty stupid for any German to play Tier 4 when you could end up in Berlin with inferior weapons and be massacred by PPD-40 or AS-44 squads with your MP 40, hopelessly outgunned.
So, as an Axis player who has the choice, you will probably give preference to Tier 5 and thus end up with a King Tiger on the battlefield.

But I feel for you, I don’t think it’s that cool at the moment to have to fight with a Tier 2 squad with weapons like MG13 or an FNAB in Stalingrad.

Maybe there will be a Super Pershing for the Americans in one of the future updates. What will probably be the final death knell for Tier 4 players…

I think to avoid this problem you will probably need some Tier 4 battle elders from year 43. E.g. Operation Citadel, or Operation Husky, or Operation Shingle.
Then it would be possible to introduce the Super Pershing and differentiate Tier 4 and 5 better from each other, or better extend them with more gradations.