[Map] Ringworld - Conquest - Testing/Feedback

Ringworld Conquest - Testing

So i got creative again; I created a ringworld map:

Link to map

Size: ~8Mb, contains ~35000 rendinsts

While creating this i have ran across several bugs/problems/Interesting stuff

• When adding any type of Battle Areas the spawn points refuse to work; The soldiers spawned at the points are spawned on the ground below the spawner entity, ignoring ALL rendinsts.

• Without battle areas the AI (on both teams) wants to run into 1 direction; This needs more research

• With AI the game runs at about 20 fps due to the sheer amount of rendinsts (instead of like 300); However in the game in local mode performance is fine

• Cliff rendinsts have higher render distance than _patch rendinsts

• After adding X amount of rendinst into the scene the editor will refuse to work properly; When you try to restart it crashes, trying to quit the editor will also result in a crash

Original .scene file: (NOTE: needs beefy computer, you have been warned)
scene.zip (1,2 MB)

Currently refuses to start online, works rather great in Local mode (minus the AI)

Do not upload publicly to the sandbox portal.

10 Likes

Holy…
It looks good!
I’ll check it when got free time.
Sadly that it doesn’t work in online.

2 Likes

Genuinely amazing
This is one of the most impressive thing I’ve seen created with the editor so far

3 Likes

WOW nice!

Now the real question: how do I fly a plane here?

i-need-a-weapon-halo

2 Likes

You spawn one in the editor. I dont want players to see the map’s…imperfections:

2 Likes

@1942786 If you want to torture the devs you could send this to them :smiley:

2 Likes
  • When adding any type of Battle Areas the spawn points refuse to work; The soldiers spawned at the points are spawned on the ground below the spawner entity, ignoring ALL rendinsts.

Sorry for late reply but I encountered this problem before when trying to make units parachute into the battlefield.

There’s only one fix I’ve found so far and that is:

Have them spawn outside of the highly-textured map area. Crude drawing of what I mean included:

If outside of the textured area, they’ll spawn wherever you put the spawner.

1 Like