Make FG42 more accurate in semi auto

First of all, this is crazy idea and probably won’t happen. Now lets continue.

One of the design features of FG42 was that it fired from open bolt in full auto and from closed bolt in semi auto. Long story short, close blot was meant to make the gun more accurate because of no heavy parts moving.
So maybe decrease the dispersion of FG42 when in semi auto mode by 10% or something like that. I think it won’t give the gun too big of an advantage but will be a nice historical/gun curiosity.

Same mechanic should be added to US Johnson MG as it also had such feature irl.

19 Likes

Since I use my FGs in semiauto, I approve this suggestion.

7 Likes

The only thing I can say to this is no semi-auto rifle should have a 0.04 disparity. The next closest would be 0.18, definite Russian biased. None of the other fractions have disparity anywhere close. Doesn’t matter if some of those Russian rifles fire slower and have smaller magazine sizes or not. Each weapon should be somewhat comparable with a little bit of an advantage in some cases instead of one by such a wide margin. And this is coming from someone that has heavily played the Soviets. Many of the Soviet weapons need to be slightly worse in dispersion. PPS for example 0.38 should be 0.44 while other weapons of the same class go from 0.81 to 0.62. still leaving a gap so it can outperform another weapon but significantly closing the margin. The FG42 and FG42 II have similar disparity to the AVS yet for some reason that 0.03 difference made a massive change in one weapon acting like a shotgun (FG) and the other one acting like a battle rifle (AVS).

So yes, it should be more accurate if fired in semi auto mode. At least that way it’ll help balance it in some way without making the German players feel shafted or OP.

7 Likes

Would be insane attention to detail if a game actually made such mechanic possible.

2 Likes

The least biased enlisted player

2 Likes

I also used to do this before the massive dispersion nerfs.

Well FG42 II is still pretty accurate, but I specifically used to do it with the first FG42 because it has more open sights.

Well, I still say that dispersion on a whole was a mistake because it effects semi auto guns and slow firing smgs more than rapid fire guns - while fast shooting guns still obviously lose effective range and effective time to kill, they are still “predictable” in how long one would keep shooting to kill.

Its the simple logic that “many tries” even out chances for bad RNG.

+1

Also, that poor sniper fg42II… Could it get the sniper treatment like other factions and get reduced dispersion? That would be sweet…

3 Likes

Krieghoff FG any different with the bullet dispersion?

Germany now has the worst Rifles at BR5 and it’s an objective fact. Yes they have slightly higher rof but it’s recoil is massive while having same dispersion as other rifles and same or smaller mag size.

Only AVT-40 has less of the mag size but it’s recoil is significantly lower so you can shoot in full auto while hitting people more often and not waste as many rounds as FG42 II does. While recent T20 and Type Hei (especially p2w fake “LMG”) completely powercreeped both AVT-40 and FG42 II.

Germany is simply the worst nation to play at top tier if you are not a tanker, plane pilot or gold order weapon/event squad hoarder.

3 Likes

We can’t also ignore issue with Sniper FG42 II that is just unplayable due insane dispersion. DF just hates Germany and want them to suffer.

2 Likes

I believe so but there’s not much of a difference, I would have to look at the exact numbers. I know all three versions of the FG42 almost identical stat wise (FG42 FG42 II and Sniper) But for the select fire the Kreighof had different stats.

Most select fire in game rifles for each faction sit between 0.25 and 0.04 The average being around 0.22. As you can see in the reply above the M1C is one of the few exceptions with extremely low disparity at 0.02.

1 Like