M39 Armored Utility Vehicle as an APC

The M39 is pretty much the M18 Hellcat that’s converted into a ‘whatever-mover’ vehicle, which should make it an interesting APC to have in game.

Its speed and mobility would be its best assets, but it also came with a single 50 cal to boost up its firepower a bit, but not too much.

Hope that this suggestion is interesting enough.

7 Likes

it did see some limited service during the war, but only two prototypes as prime movers for 3-inch gun.
the APC variant only seen service in the Korean War.
In my opinion, US should get M3 half-track instead.

Picture itself cant be WW2, just look at the nice smiling fellow on the right.
He looks like he is about to shout Mother F :grinning: cker.

8 Likes

There is no reason to hard-limit how many vehicles we could have in the game, so I prefer having choices rather than being artificially limited. The point is M3 half track will come (they just need to copy-paste the one from Soviet’s tree), so why would limit to just that?

2 Likes

Was it used during WWII? Thought it was only in Korea

1 Like

Laughs in Lend-Lease cucking

3 Likes

its so ridiculously funny that the soviets got the lewis gun and the m3 half track before the other allies did

6 Likes

It blows my mind that the M3 has not been added for the allies at all, and in any regard It is truly mind-boggling. The allies use the M3 throughout the duration of their time in Europe, as well as in the Pacific nearing the later stages of the war. It should be a logical addition, not even a suggestion in the comments of the forums.

2 Likes

I would add the LVT-1 as a tech tree APC; in contrast to premium LVT-4 it’s just got 1x30 cal.

I would also add the DUKW amphibious truck;

I’m curious if there are japanese, German, and Soviet examples of amphibious trucks and items.

there needs to be some comparable stuff if there’s ever going to be amphibious landings, though those might be seen as out of scale/scope

1 Like

a tractor but it works

Dont forget valentine. Also m3 lee took quite long to appear in the allied tree

1 Like