M18 GMC not worth it?

More toys for the sandbox

They should have gone with Jackson and then added Bulge maps to justify both it and the Jumbo.

2 Likes

well yeah, since there already is a jumbo, there is little reason left not to add the jackson.

Agree with M36 and T26E4ļ¼Œwith Battle of Bulge

Enlisted was originally a game that was relatively close to historical factsā€¦ but Jumbo in Normandy and Panzer IV F2 in Moscow made the original logic no longer credibleā€¦

2 Likes

Hellcat and m24 are hands down the best looking tonkas from us.

Imo ofc

1 Like

Open top, exposed commander, maps where the speed is mostly useless - itā€™s a ludicrous addition and just another rubbish addition without any thought of actually improving the game.

1 Like

And Jumbo is from the early days - so itā€™s never really had anything other than a sneer towards any history ever since it started.

1 Like

Molotovs on closed tanks do little or no actual damage, and you canā€™t drive away from infantry that are on top of your tank killing your crew with a KNIFE - it is a rubbish addition to what has become a rubbish game.

1 Like

I actually like it, but I use the m24 chaffee and have learnt to peek and get in and out fastā€¦ sometimes tank mentality is Iā€™m in a tank I am a brick wall and can deflect enemy shells, not always the case!

2 Likes

This tank is a prime example of why we could use side grades

2 Likes

One day my friendā€¦ one day. I keep hope, as it wonā€™t make sense to go past lvl 40 in campaigns toward lvl 50, 60ā€¦ Devs are bound to create a campaign tree one day. Maybe once campaigns finally top lvl 40, who knows.

One dayā€¦ Iā€™ll jump hills in a halftrackā€¦

You get it! Most players only see 3 factors in a tank and play accordingly:

• canon anti tank capability
  • armour able to whistand enemies shots
  • anti personel ability (I love me a good t28)

They forget thereā€™s other ways to play those. (Maybe most did not play WT?)

• speed
  • concealment, having a low profile
  • maneuverability
  • size (a lil Rhino/stuart can nimbly pass between buildings, while a fat cat will struggle doing so)

Thereā€™s a reason the pz3J/1 is able to take out the first t34 in Moscow. Is it inferior? Definitely. Is it helpless? Not by a long shot. Like you said, to use those a player needs some smarts: using cover, trying to exploit flanks, knowing the limitations of his enemies (t34 has the sight of a mole)

Always nice to see a fellow tanker who gets it. Also a man of taste. The ā€œChaff Chaffā€ is gorgeous.

3 Likes

Molotov on any tank will kill the engine and start an internal fire. 100% of tanks are vulnerable to infantry if theyā€™re just sitting there letting themselves be swarmed.

Tank arguments always devolve into silly hypothetical situations people pull out of their ass to prove their pet theory. At least try to remain factual

1 Like

A main battle tank (MBT), also known as a battle tank or universal tank, is a tank that fills the role of armor-protected direct fire and maneuver in many modern armies.

i like to use my tanks more like they are supposed to and are still used a lot of the time. That is supporting the Infantry. What youĀ“re descriping is suicidal and a waste of a squad slot. Goes double for tank destroyers. Combined arms is the name of the game.

Yes they do, had a german throw a molotv at my T-26 and it caught my engine on fire and slowly killed my crewmembers. You can also cook the tank crew with flametrowers IĀ“m pretty sure.

You know the trick is making sure they donĀ“t end up on top of your tank to begin with ever thought of that? You keep mobile and keep an eye out for enemy infantry, tunnel vision gets you killed my guy. Most tanks I destroyed didnĀ“t even know I was there.

The linear campaign unlocks with grindy levels towards the end doomed the game from the start

The T-34 driver needs to dumb tbh.

Yes. Thankfully most are: they grow very complacent, being in a much stronger, and often impervious (seriously, angle your turret and you become invincible, eheh) vehicle. So, they become cockyā€¦ Thatā€™s how I get most of them anyway.

If heā€™s a good tanker howeverā€¦ only solution is a good olā€™ fashioned 500kg.

You need many molotovs to kill a closed top tank - 1 will go out before dealing any damage.

Or 1 to kill an M8, and you can kill all the turret crew of an M8 with a knife while standing on top.

Clearly you ahve never used the M8 in Normandy or you wouldnā€™t make such an ass of yourself.

1 Like

Iā€™ve killed tanks with one molotov, I guarantee that a solid hit on the engine deck will start an internal fire. Try it yourself and show me how it doesnā€™t work.

I love driving the M8; Speed is armor, and if someone has time to climb on my tank Iā€™ve already messed up. Itā€™s not a jumbo and you canā€™t expect it to play like one. Shoot and scoot, and use HEAT

Edit: to add to the molotov argument; Iā€™ve timed it and it can take 30 seconds to kill the engine, and longer to kill the crew depending on circumstances, so there is a time gap between throwing the molotov and seeing results.