M1.M2 carbine baff

M1. M2 carbine ammunition 30. Carbine ammunition is a similar ammunition compared to German 7.92mm kurz 30. The maximum pressure generated from carbine powder is about 46000psi and 7.92mm is about 49,000psi. Comparing the in-game recoil, the vertical recoil of the VG1-5 using 7.92 mm is 35, the horizontal recoil is 15, while the vertical recoil of the M1.M2 carbine is 54, and the horizontal recoil is 18, which is the reverse of the characteristics of the historical bullet. Therefore, it is necessary to reduce the vertical recoil of at least 30. Carbine ammunition to about 30 and the power is only about 1.07 times the power of 45. ACP, and the power also needs baff to about 8-9.

5 Likes

Well, there’s more to the power of a bullet than chamber pressure - the .30 carbine fires a much lighter cartridge, so IRL it was more around 2/3rds the power of the 8mm Kurz fired by the STG44 and it’s derivatives, such as the VG.1-5. So I think the damage per round is in a reasonable place.

(more specifically, 8mm Kurz trends towards 1800-1900 joules of muzzle energy, and .30 carbine tends towards 1250-1350 joules of muzzle energy IRL)

There’s also the consideration of bullet diameter, which should matter to some degree as far as damage is concerned, given .30 carbine having a 7.62mm diameter, 8mm kurz having a 7.92mm diameter, and .45 ACP having an 11.5mm diameter.

But with that said, it is absolutely true that the recoil is excessive for the M1 carbine and it’s derivatives in game, and the vertical recoil needs to see the greatest reduction in this manner. (which is why I made my own suggestion thread on this, that I’ve seen your responses to, but I suppose we’re coming at this from different angles as for the why about it, while agreeing on the end goal)

2 Likes

I think that the development team works more on energy of the bullet in real life than velocity/pressure
For example ,the 9x19mm does more damage in game than the soviet 7.62x25mm being the last more high pressure/faster
I miss that there´s no variations on rifle cartridges,for example the 7.92x57 had more energy than the 7.62x54r

Gun itself is huge factor what comes to recoil.

1 Like

It’s more like some kind of balance reason, all trooper weapons in this game have a vertical recoil of more than 500 per second, which makes sure that they wouldn’t be able to fire automatically unless in extremely close engagements.

kurz has a spitzer bullet while 30carbine is blunt nosed.

1 Like

Irrelevant except for extremely high performance roles/needs - any “full size” rifle bullet is essentialy exactly the same in the context of Enlisted … unless fired from a SLR or LMG of course… :confused:

I mean, yes? But that mostly has to do with energy loss over range due to poorer aerodynamics moreso than anything else.

i’m fine with using the weapon, hell i prefer it over the m1 garand but i’m also a weird dude

weapon has too high recoil.
kind of similar to that of m1g or g43 which doesn’t make sense since its way more weaker and lighter compared to full size cartridge firing weapon.