[Level] Car park

From now on, all of my custom levels will be marked with a [Level] tag, indicating it is a completely new level and not a mission created on already existing maps.

I have solved almost all problems and issue with the import process, and i can somewhat confidently say that any small-medium maps from other games can be imported into Dagor Engine (and hopefully Enlisted someday) in a matter of minutes*.

This time a Garry’s mod custom map:

Car park

Fully textured map model in Dagor Editor

Map Layout:

Close quarter combat in an underground parking garage. Seems perfect for Gun Games or Team Deathmatch. Fits modern era the best IMO.

In-game:

These models could be exported individually and used in other maps potentially.

*Import time depends on your PC, and the model size. Bigger size -->longer time to export DAG file and later level.bin.

If you want to view it in editor here are the files:
ENL_Carpark.zip (4.0 MB)

Playable version: https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/5wh2QMe3Q0y8TRXY/

6 Likes

May i ask how this is done
I mean, the bin files need a specific program in order to view and edit.
And your map is quite good actually, (better if the textures are more detailed but as you have said that it might kill some pcs if too detailed)
If it is possible to create a map for a zombie mode game it might be better to be with this technology
(and i just realised that all those people giving like to your post are actually those replied to my mod posts. We really need to expand our community here lol)

I can make a guide if you guys want it.

If it is possible to create a map for a zombie mode game it might be better to be with this technology

You can create any model(s) in Blender. I even ripped the game maps from COD BO3 but it’s was buggy as hell. (Also gargantuan in size)

3 Likes

I don’t have BO3 but if i have money for any call of duty it will be BO3 simply because of the modding community and stuff. I am one of the viewers of NoahJ456 so i am also part of the COD zombie community in some way (i play cod waw zombies thats the only one i have)

WOW this is a brand new level file.

I guess we could use something like blender to generate heightmaps and completely new terrain? Can I put a preset rendinst on it? (Not the one based on the editor entity, but the vanilla level rendinst that is preset in the level)

Okay, I’m thinking about whether we can use the open source dagor engine to make a WW2 game like we want.

Cod BO3 is peak zombies. The zombie chronicles and almost unlimited amount of workshop maps make it a great game.

However asking 60 USD for a 9 year old game is criminal.

2 Likes

I guess we could use something like blender to generate heightmaps and completely new terrain? Can I put a preset rendinst on it? (Not the one based on the editor entity, but the vanilla level rendinst that is preset in the level)

You can import heightmaps into DaEditor but it’s useless until we can use custom textures.

Okay, I’m thinking about whether we can use the open source dagor engine to make a WW2 game like we want.

It’s not that easy :slight_smile: And Dagor would be the last game engine i would use to make a game from scratch.

2 Likes

To be honest, I am also very interested in their dascript, which is also open source. I have considered embedding it in some of the open source engines.

Overall, my impression of dascript is pretty good.

And their teamplate+entity ECS structure, I think this provides great flexibility for game expansion, If that we can write dascript obviously can do more things

2 Likes