Kurt Drössiger review (german, gold order, moscow)

Hello comrades!

This review will be about Erich Kurt Drössiger, who showed great decisiveness, ruthlessness and devotion to duty, and held his position against an entire soviet bataillon all on his own until the last bullet, despite the almost hopeless situation.

Kurt Drössiger´s stats:

Machinegunner II
Starter perk: +7.5% weapon aim speed
Mobility: 16
Vitality: 16
Weapon Handling: 22

Appearance:

Screenshot (1760)

Kurt Drössiger in real life:

7877111203135826p

History:

Gefreiter Drössiger was providing flank protection at the village edge of Otonez-Kosloff when the Soviets suddenly launched an attack against the village in battalion strength. It did not take them long to make out Drössiger’s post as a source of particularly bitter resistance, and they slowly began to approach it.

Drössiger shot burst after burst at the enemy, but his MG suddenly jammed. After successfully fixing the weapon a mechanical failure once again took place shortly afterwards. After all of his MG ammo was used up, Drössiger then took up the fight with his pistol, and after its magazine had ran out he threw two hand grenades in the vicinity at the enemy, throwing them into confusion. He then subsequently threw his empty MG drum magazine against the last remaining Soviets, who mistook this for a new kind of german projectile weapon and thereafter fell back.

By his actions Drössiger had prevented a Soviet breakthrough all on his own. In recognition of these efforts he would be decorated with both classes of Iron Cross and eventually the Knight’s Cross itself.

11 Likes

I once drove a 4-wheeler cat and killed 117 people with all the HE and all the machine guns, but in the end I was defeated “Because I am a novice so I killed less”

I was wrong, it was 8 rounds

Appreciate the history you bring to the forum :+1:t3: I enjoy reading them

6 Likes

In addition to that, he was one of the rare cases that was awarded the three stages of the iron cross at the same time. To get the knights cross it was mandatory to have

1. Iron cross second class
  2. Iron cross first class
  3. Knights cross
    You couldn’t get the knights cross before those stages, thus making it rare to get the three of them the same time.
3 Likes

0938abcdeb5273e2e63072f570c0fbfb

4 Likes

Yea but what is funny is that even the common red army soldiers knew that Germany invented and threw crazy stuff at the Frontline to prevent the obvious end.

1 Like

I mean germans also researched for a time machine and atom bombs, so i think them using a new kind of projectile/grenade is definetly possible.

I am talking about really enlisted soldiers. Not high ranking officers.
Every army tried some nasty stuff. Germany at that time was just the cherry in the cake.

1 Like

Thats a cool dude.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing his cool story.
Also finally a soldier who does resemble the hero he was modeled after.

1 Like

survived the war too…what a boss. Not easy as a MG gunner when the enemy would off you out of spite if you got captured.

1 Like

Well, according to the simple theory of probability, such feats are not particularly fantastic, it’s just like in games (well, a stupid comparison, but still), there are more lucky, clever and savvy, and experienced, who can, in a certain case, effectively fight against superior forces.

Well, either every such story from the side, that of the Germans, that of the Soviets, that of the Allies is just propaganda (which to me is stupidity), but it’s probably just an exaggeration. As in one last normal Russian movie that I saw, ordinary soldiers joked that 2 grenades throwed back to the enemy by one of them in the newspaper miraculously turned into 12.

In any case, if this is true, then the Kurt is brave and did not lose his mind.

2 Likes

I really like these gold soldier reviews and to learn a bit about them that I bet 90% of players didn’t know.

I think you are actually making gold soldiers more attractive to buy with these posts :))

2 Likes