Tier 1: E13A1
Tier 2 (E): D3A1
Tier 2 (L): B6N2
Tier 3 (E): D4Y3
Tier 3 (L): B7A2
Tier 4 (E): Ki-102
Tier 4 (L): P1Y2
Tier 5: Ki-93

I would like to add a disclaimer regards to the O-I Heavy Tank. Whilst there are no pictures of it in real life, there is actual documentation about it being tested. The tank was fully built apart from the roof armour but was scrapped later for metal which japan was short on. The O-I was origianlly suppose to operate as a moving pillbox on the plains of Manchuria vs USSR but since the war shifted to the Pacific, there was no need for such a vehicle and the metal was more important. Its a viable Japanese tank alternative that would allow japan to face IS-2, M26 during late stages of the war without giving them post war vehicles.

The O-I is a very slow big tank with 150mm frontal armour and 75mm side armour. Its main gun is the not so uncommon 150mm Type 96 Howitzer with a very long reload.

All things considered, overall the O-I will still be overall weaker against IS-2 Mod 1944 or M26 Pershing. O-I advantage will be its greater anti infantry potential.

7 Likes

japan shouldnt even have 4th tier weapons on new progress tree and you are giving them full 5 tiers?

pacific should remain low-mid battle. they dont need high level imaginary BS.

That’s great! I really want to see more Japanese weapons and tanks.

2 Likes

Not all factions must face every other at every level.
O-I was a cursed design to begin with anyway.
You unlocked everything at japanese ? Good so you are not going to face against is2 or jumbo.

Manchuria, 1945
Japan vs USSR

1932 to 1939
So no need have is2

No i mean the Soviet invasion of Manchuria in 1945
Not the Pre-WW2 border clashes

Also, M26 Pershing on Okinawa (1945)

Pershings were sent after the battle not during it. Preparation for downfall operation.
And not everything in this game is h.a.

I’d personally rather the Shisei LMG be the end-tier rifle as it would be more suitable as an automatic rifle for gameplay and is very much just an automatic rifle given LMG designation, and the fact that for the machine gunners of other factions, a high capacity LMG is often the top tier content. In that fold, the modified Type 97 machine gun for infantry use makes much more sense.

Type 97 modified LMG

The Tokyo Arsenal 1927 would also be better suited for tech tree end-tier content, I don’t see how a Type 2A would by any measure be a better pick so making it a premium just screams p2w content.

Overall, I think this thread illustrated a fairly reasonable projection of what a future Japanese tree ought to look like.

Type 2 Nambu SMG in Enlisted has the 30 round magazine, my tier 5 suggestion for end game SMG is the Type 2 with 50 round magazine

50 Round Magazine

30 Round Magazine

Tokyo Arsenal SMG is prototype so its better suited for premium content.

While the Type 2A with extended magazine is welcome, I don’t think the Type 2A, 50 rounds or otherwise, should be the top tier, and why the Tokyo Arsenal Model 1927, in particular, should be the top tier instead is the RoF. The PPSh-41 sits at a 71-round drum mag and 1150rpm, and this is the closest analog.

Prototypes have hardly been an effective criteria for what would be an adequate premium candidate versus tech tree for a while now, and I’d rather not have this content locked to a singular premium squad, I think that is exceedingly punitive.

For that matter, the Type 2A itself is a prototype.

1 Like

They can always play with the numbers
Plus rate of fire isnt everything. Type 2A has very low and very controllable recoil making it amazing even at extended distances. They can give it same damage as thompson per shot but with very low recoil at the same time
we dont need japanese top tier submachine gun to have identical play style as soviet union’s close range, fast rate of fire ppsh. Plus its a bit cheesy to have a sub machine gun that nobody has ever heard of to be spammed at top tier by japan.

I don’t think I would rely on that sort of hope for a playable top tier, and simply put, given the Type 2A is also a prototype, I’d rather just not deny options which I think are better candidates for the job with fewer actual deviations in performance.

As far as playstyle concerns, I think Japanese exclusive maps already change the application of their use plenty, and there are enough deviations that a high RoF SMG is frankly welcome in my eyes. 50 rounds is worse than 71 by a noticeable margin to the point where the 50rpm improvement might not be enough to offset, so handling might be in order to compensate.

But again in either case, why the Type 2A, a prototype, over the Model 1927, another prototype, I don’t see why the lower RoF identical capacity pick should be considered top tier, why not swap them. I cannot in good faith be optimistic about having to shoot one faction in the foot just because another faction is earlier content in the game.

Yeah but everyone knows what the Type 2 Nambu SMG is
Nobody knows what some tokyo arsenal smg is.

Furthermore Tokyo Arsenal Model 1928 could be premium instead and the 1927 could be kept as researchable option and then it will be up to the player wether they prefer the low recoil, hard hitting Type 2A or the high recoil, high rate of fire TA smg at top tier

I don’t really think that recognition has been at the forefront of this game’s concerns for the power of certain weapons; the Conders is spammed to hell and back and that gun wasn’t even completed by the end of WW2. It overmatches the PPSh in performance with the same damage, RoF, but more ammo, and comparable handling. While it is BP, Germany has many alternative SMGs and Japan does not and BP weapons remain more flexible than premium options.

I think this would be a better way to do it, it’d at least offer variety to the player in choosing which weapons to play with and would be a reasonable trade-off of handling versus rate of fire. Model 1928 I would say is also more befitting of a premium due to its lower RoF and smaller magazine.

Type 2A with 30 round mag can also be a premium option

We already have the 30 round Type 2A in the game in the regular progression in fairness, it’s a fairly respectable gun with excellent handling, but it is a lower damage output SMG at 690rpm for 6.7 damage.

My biggest worry tho is how enlisted will just get copy and paste penetration for Chi-Nu’s 75mm AP and it wont be able to penetrate M4 sherman at point blank range, despite being able to from 600m in real life

Type 3 75mm
Type 1 APHE (6.56kg at 668m/s)
97mm @ 0m (0 Degrees)
51mm @ 0m (60 Degrees)

Tokku Ko APHE (6.615kg at 683m/s)
118mm @ 0m (0 Degrees)
53mm @ 0m (60 Degrees)

True but the new progression system will rework pretty much everything, its not late to slap Type 2A 30 mag as premium and everyone who already researched it gets main tree Type 1 Nambu SMG instead.

Indeed, but the Type 2A was shown in the tech tree previews so I suspect that it will be retained as such.

That might be of concern, I think tank balance is definitely the biggest question as far as Japan goes, as for aircraft there is enough potency in content if they really need to (800kg bomb on Kikka is a safe ceiling of CAS insurance), and I think small arms can be structured to match existing end-game content.