Japanese Rifle BR Adjustments

Some Japanese semi-auto rifles feel off-BR’d compared to like weapons in other factions. I feel for balancing semi autos, 3 main factors come into play: Hit Power, Reload Speed, Ammo Capacity. While follow up control is a factor, I feel in Enlisted it is minor as semi autos in this scenario are all controllable for follow up shots. For this, I want to compare them to the main three semi auto rifles they face:

BR II: M1 Carbine

BR III: M1 Garand

BR IV: Johnson M1941

So let’s see how the Japanese semi-auto rifles compare currently to these three.

Type Hei Rifle

At BR II, it should be comparable to the M1 Carbine. The M1 Carbine has less damage, more magazine capacity, and a faster reload. The M1 Carbine is also under the 10 damage threshold removing its ability to one shot to the chest at any range, As such, the faster reload and higher ammo capacity balance this inability with the Type Hei I feel. As such, Type Hei Rifle is in a good spot at BR II.

Type Otsu Rifle:

At BR III, it should be comparable to the M1 Garand. The M1 Garand has higher hit power, longer reload speed, and more ammo capacity. As both surpass the 10 damage threshold we do not see the issue of not being able to one shot to the chest. As such, the Otsu feels over-BR’d at BR III and should be looked to BR II> Lets take a look at it compared the Carbine then: The M1 Carbine has less damage, faster reload and more ammo capacity, very similar to the Type Hei Rifle. I recommend changing the Type Otsu to BR II.

Type Hei Rifle 10:

At BR III, it should be comparable to the M1 Garand. The M1 Garand has higher hit power, less reload, and 2 less rounds. As the weapon is over the 10 damage threshold, you are mostly trading some reload speed for some more ammo capacity. I do however feel the reload speed could be a bit faster on it. I feel this is fine for BR III.

Type 4 Rifle:

At BR IV, it should be comparable to the Johnson M1941. The Johnson having higher damage, longer reload, and same capacity. this means you are trading some damage and reload speed for … nothing. its just objectively better than the Type 4 Rifle. Let’s compare to the M1 Garand. Garand has higher damage, less reload, and less ammo capacity. You are trading damage and reload speed for 2 more rounds. As such, I would like to see the Type 4 rifle moved down to BR III.

Type Hei Rifle (late):

At BR IV, it should be comparable to the Johnson M1941. Here we are losing damage for better reload speed but retain the same ammo capacity. This seems fair. But lets take a look at the Garand. Here we are losing damage with the same reload for more ammo capacity. This also seems fair. Maybe, the Johnson AND the Type Hei Rifle (Late) should be moved to BR III. But this still makes the Type 4 at a straight disadvantage … The solution I feel is to increase the Johnson’s reload speed to 4.0 seconds as well (considering they are both 10 round internal magazine reloaded by stripper clips).

TLDR:
Type Hei Rifle: Stay at BR II
Type Otsu Rifle: Move From BR III to BR II
Type Hei Rifle 10: Stay at BR III
Type 4 Rifle: Move From BR IV to BR III
Type Hei Rifle (Late): Move From BR IV to BR III
Johnson M1941: Move From BR IV to BR III but increase reload speed.

2 Likes

Unlocking Japanese semi-auto rifles is a terrible experience. I disliked Pacific pre-merge so I had few levels with Japan.
It’s definitely not fun that you have to complete tier II on the TT to access Type hei on tier III which is still just a BR2 rifle.
Same story with BR3 Type Otsu locked to tier IV.

Your rifles are effectively always a BR behind once you progress past from type 38 rifle and only catch up with type hei automatic rifle.
I would rather see something done about that.

2 Likes

Is it just me or all BR3 semi-auto rifles have somekind of disadvantage.
G41: reload
Type otsu: magazine size
Garand: terrible iron sight
SVT-38: None
portrait-of-mao-zedong

1 Like

by far the worst take i have ever heard on the forums

3 Likes

That is why they are on br3 instead of br4.

You must just hate good things.

1 Like

if I were to change this here’s how I’d do it:

• stripper clip fed, yes you ‘can’ change magazines, but I doubt the japanese would’ve ever done this and there’s stripper clip feed guides on the top of the bolt…

honestly would’ve preferred to see it added to the tech tree over the Type Hei Automatic… idk BR V seems like a total basket case as far as what to add for any nation.

The Type 4 being moved to BR III would also do a great deal, as it’s place at BR IV makes zero sense.

I agree with your assessment of the Johnson as well here… it would be fine at br3 if it had an increased reload time. (I assume it was a typo) (reduced speed-of-reload means increased time-to-reload).

1 Like