Japan tech tree tank proposal

There is a mysterious giant gap between Ho-Ni 1 and Chi Ha short gun in the Japan tech tree.
It seems like dev stretch the tech tree to put Chi Ha short gun and Chi Nu at end of tier 3 and beginning of tier 4. This is not the way to give Japan high tier stuff by putting those tank on tier they don’t belongs to.

Lets look at tier 3 of other nations.

Sherman 2 and M4a2 have better armor but weaker gun compare to Chi Nu, so they are suitable counterpart for chi nu, but they are only on tier 3.

Germany has panzer4 F2 on tier 3, it has similar armor but better gun than Chi Nu.

Soviet has T-34 on tier 3. Which has better armor but weaker gun compare to Chi Nu.

The tier might not have much to do with the match making, but it is related to the research cost. I don’t think it is good to make Chi Nu cost more to research than its counter part.

In conclusion, Chi Nu should be at tier 3 not tier4.

So I propose to add Chi Nu II as the tier 4 tank of Japan.

It has a long 75 mm gun which is comparable to German long 75, US 76 and Ussr 85.
But it has the same armor as Chi Nu.

This is the tech tree change I proposed. Chi Ha short gun and Chi Nu move to tier 3 and add Chi Nu II on tier 4.

8 Likes

I don’t think we need Chi Nu II yet and even then I will much rather get Chi To and keep Chi Nu II as an event or something like that, that gap is probably were Chi He is supposed to go but is probably not finished so it wasn’t added this time(you can see it on the mods editor), and whoever says that Chi He and Chi Ha Kai are the same is probably beacause he hasn’t check their differences

2 Likes

Lol why not getting both? War Thunder has Chi Nu II as premium so you want to Chi Nu II as event?

Chi He is at best tier 2. We need to fill the gap for tier 3.

It was already finished. Chi He was once listed as a premium tank in the editor. But it was removed just like other unreleased pacific tank.

3 Likes