Italy as the meaning of life šŸ‡®šŸ‡¹

We canā€™t have some maps. For example dunkirk 1940.
If minors were separated on mm and we allowed multiple sides in a match, there could be for example FR+UK vs Ger matchup. A bit like puzzles.

Though I guess itā€™s vastly overengineered.

well, we can.
itā€™s not like this game is keen on being HA anyway.

is it really worthed?

iā€™d be just better allowing players to run those squads IF they want.
instead of sewer further more and split players numbers onto small nations that struggles on their own.
ex, france, or italy.

which, yes you can give tigers and pz IVs or stugs like OP did. however, youā€™d be better off just adding them as a side sub nation of germany.
so you reasearch your stuff there, and get what you want.

i think so too

and i forgot to mention, but italian stuff are also premium material.
iā€™m not sure devs will be ready to " give up " on that front either

3 Likes

We can, British in Pacific already showed historical accurate armies in a map is secondary is sufficient they was inside the main faction

1 Like

Hello, italy is not planned as separate faction.

4 Likes

we know,but people still wish it,they dont want french (only a few),also they want brits,canada,aussies,kiwies,etc. we know we cant handle,but people will keep asking,so at least if we canā€™t separate faction,allow people have guns and soldiers from those nations with voice lines, like in German TC, add a sub branch with Italy stuff for the people who wish it

2 Likes

Well for myself I am fine with Commonwealth nations as sub factions I just think it makes the most sense separating US and UK to allow room for more tech for both.

The current US-UK tree is heavily biased towards USA. Itā€™s also annoying certain squads are locked to certain nations like APC for example.
Iā€™ve suggested an Australian Universal Carrier since Aussie ones were different to the standard UCs so would be separate to the event UC.

This forum thread shows how much potential there is for an Italian tech tree alone, not even counting minor Axis nations.

I just donā€™t get what the damn problem is with having USSR, US, UK + Commonwealth, Germany, Italy + Other Axis countries and Japan?

There is multiple problem like playerbase split and how deal with the separated tech tree stuff.
Many of the stuff UK and Italy stuff are Gold order or premium or event, how would they implement them without pissing player off?

Another problem is the efficiency of dev is bad. They will need a lot of time to complete those tech tree so they might think it is not worth it. Moreover, more faction means they need to add more stuff every battle pass season and every major update.

Amazing Job :saluting_face: Finally Positive Topic with a lot of work in to it I would love to see Italy and Uk as separated faction sadly this wont happen I love this topics and faction tinkering !

3 Likes

so sad but true

1 Like

I dissagree. The overall post is great but that TT is a joke. Itā€™s supposed to be an independant tree but half of it is fucking German. WTF!

Further more I dont think Italy needs the Afrika Corps to supplement it. If anything Italy could host other unrepresented Axis nations like Hungary and Romania

Some of my suggestions to polish up this tech tree:

Fixes
Rifles
  1. Why is there a shotgun branching down from the Moschetto M91?
  2. Why isnt the the Mod.1928 Tromboccino here? Is the Type 99/M1 Garand with GL a heavy weapon cause it has HEAT grenades? No
    3.The Scotti naval rifle is an assaulter weapon even tho its a full power cartrige weapon. It should be the last weapon on the Rifle branch.
Machineguns

1.Chauchat, dont need it
2. Perino Mod.1908, WTF Eww, NO thanks
3. MG42 not needed

Heavy weapons

The PzB39 can be replaced by the Scotti AT rifle. Same concept of a super charged 8mm round but this time its an Italian design.

Tanks

We do not need to saturate the tank line with borrowed tanks, Japan isnt saturated and they still do fine.

1. Pz.II, Not needed
  2. Sd.Kfz.222, Not needed
  3. Panzer Jaeger, Not needed
  4. Pz.III J, Not needed
  5. Pz.IV E, Could be replaced by the P.26/40 Prototype that had a 75mm howitzer
  6. StuG III F, for fuck sake Italy was famous for its StuG clones, NOT NEEDED
  7. Pz.IV F2 and G. Not needed. Add the latter one as a premium though
  8. Tigers at the end is a spit in the face, it should be the P.43 and P.43bis
    (yes there were only wooden mock-ups builtā€¦JUST LIKE Ho-Ri)
Aircraft

Oh boy talk about a waste of potential here, perhaps Italyā€™s most under-explored brach of its Tech Tree both here and in War Thunder. The amount of WW2 desings that are straigh-up ignored is crazy.

Basically you can delete everything German, its trash compared to what Italy can offer.

1. Bf 109 F-4 Trop, replace with regular C.202
  2. Ju-87 R-2, replace with Breda 201
  3. Bf 110 D3, Replace with SM.89
  4. Ju88 D-1, Replace with SM.93
  5. SM.79 Just remove. This trend of suggesting Medium bombers as attack aircraft is dumb and it wouldnt work
2 Likes

images (6)

2 Likes

Your words is true, if main nation would be Italy.
And Germany become sub one.
Otherwise itā€™s strange, thatā€™s colony become main.