Italian unificated tech tree

Currently, the game is in the process of preparing an integrated tech tree. There are four countries in total: the United States, Japan, Germany, and the Soviet Union.

However, in the United States and Germany, there is not only German and American equipment, but equipment from various countries is mixed.

In particular, out of 118 equipment in Germany, 21 are Italian.

As everyone knows, Italy is a country with many unique characteristics. The first three years of World War II were spent in North Africa, and the remaining two years were spent in the Republic of Salo and Regno d’italia(Esercito Cobelligerante Italiano)

And I personally produced a variety of unique equipment that I thought were different, and used them in actual combat.

So, what I am proposing is a single Italian tech tree, separate from the German one.

Tech tree description

The file attached at the top is what I think is the Italian tech tree. The total number of equipment is expected to be 52, which is more than Japan’s 30.

There are four tiers in total: Italy does not have mass-produced automatic rifles or late-war tanks. Therefore, research will be conducted in four tiers similar to Japan.

Breda_1935_pg

The first row are rifles. You start the tree with three rifles from the Cargano series, and then finish the tree with the Armaguera, the Beretta M31, and the Breda Mod.1935. The last three pieces of equipment are all semi-automatic rifles and each has a unique shape.

2spsDME

Next in line are special-purpose rifles. Cargano Mod. 38 and M91 are sniper rifles with sniper scopes, and the Cargano Mod. 28 had a side-mounted grenade launcher.

Next are submachine guns. There are various models, starting with the m38, which uses a 20-round magazine, which was the counterpart to the well-known ppsh. Beretta M1918 and OVP M1918 will be placed in the folder.

Sia-mod.1938-p1

The light machine gun is unfortunately probably the biggest drawback of the Italian tree. Except for the Breda M30, most of them are heavy machine guns. Fortunately, there was another light machine gun, the SIA M.1938. It is equipped with a 50-round magazine, and although the firing rate per minute is 400, the sustained firing rate is not bad.

Next is the heavy equipment. Heavy equipment includes weapons such as mortars, flamethrowers, and anti-tank rifles. The Solothurn anti-tank rifle, which opens this tree, is an anti-tank rifle developed in Switzerland and adopted by Italy, and is similar to the Japanese anti-tank rifle in the game. Then there is the Brixia M.35 45mm mortar and the M.35 81mm mortar. There are also a variety of flamethrowers to choose from with the Lanciaflame Mod.40 and Mod.41.

M43_75-46

And it’s a tank. Italy made many attempts in the interwar period and was heavily deployed on the North African front. Starting with the L6/40 tank, which is a bit more stable with its tracks, there are decent medium tanks like the M15/42, and the 90/53 M.41M, which focuses only on firepower.

G55-1

Lastly, these are the equipment that will perform best in Italy. These are fighter planes. Starting with the CR.42, one of the last biplanes, and moving on to the C.202, which had a water-cooled engine, its performance is revealed. C.205 and Re.2005 will be quite good air defense fighters. And finally, there is also the monster called G.56. However, this does not mean that there is a lack of attack aircraft. From Ba.65, which is easy to use at first, to Ro.57, which can carry more than 500kg of bombs, and SM.92, which has powerful fixed armament.

uniform

The Italian army did not only fight on the North African front. Naturally, they also fought steadily throughout Italy. The distinctive features of their military uniforms are dark gray clothes and helmets.

19 Likes

lol you beat me to it. I was thinking about doing a fan made tech tree this week. nice work. (Except I would propose a subtree, not separate faction)

really want the solothurn AT rifle

1 Like

Very nice treatment of a possible Italian tree. Until now, I didn’t know about the SIA Mod. 1938 light machine gun, which is a modernized version of the 1918 model. Perhaps the original 1918 version could be the first-tier machine gun, with the Breda coming after it? Or maybe the other way around. In any case, it would expand the Italian light machine guns to three. You could also consider adding the Fucile Controcarro 35(P) or OG-43, OG-44, and TZ-45 submachine guns, right?

1 Like

Solothurn is in the mods

Fucile Controcarro 35(P) already has a Solothurn with a similar role, so it wouldn’t be a bad idea to put it in a folder. The OZ series and TZ-45 do not seem to need to be added right now: What Italy lacks is automatic rifles and tanks, and OZ has an rpm of 500, so it may be a bit ambiguous. But the TZ-45 is quite an interesting device.

1 Like

In the mods? As in the files?

As much as I want more Italy in the game, I will support any solution that lets me keep and use my current Italian unit as such, without making them end up kidnapped by the Germans and having to re-buy everything on the Italian tree from scratch.

3 Likes

I remember using it in one of the mods i have played. The mod was called secret german bunkers

1 Like

I feel like for Italy, a separate tree isn’t really necessary and a sub tree with suffice. While an argument can be made for the UK to still split off from the US because there are tons of maps that the UK can have that should not have any American influence (France 1940, Hong Kong, Burma, Singapore, Egypt, etc.) and there are places that should be added for the US without the UK (Philippines, Okinawa, Iwo Jima, etc.). However, such an argument cannot really be made for the Germans and the Italians, because everywhere the Italians fought, the Germans were right behind them. As for the Germans, yes there were places that they fought without the Italians, but the Germans already have gear from the minor axis nations that didn’t fight with them on every front, so Italian stuff won’t really change anything. As for customization, I think I have a solution for that as well. The devs have stated that there will be automatic customization for each map forcing period accurate uniforms for each map following the merge. In theory, something similar can be done for the Italians and other minor axis nations to some extent, with customization options being able to be extended to nationality which will be used in the appropriate maps.

3 Likes