Issued to Luftwaffe pilots you say?

Let Luftwaffe pilots equip the M30 Luftwaffe Drilling, just like you have it written in your description.

25 Likes

4 Likes

When I unlocked this and read the description, I bought one immediately, just for my pilot.

Turns out, it was a waste of money.

3 Likes

Give it the use of its third barrel first.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Even my pilots using TWO Conders mg. and never survive the chute because i keep going suicide than waste my time playing 1 soldier less to def/attack objectives. who cares about a shoutgun lel for fun people maybe.

1 Like

The M30 was stored in an aluminium chest on board the aircraft, containing the weapon dismantled into barrel assembly and stock, a sling and cleaning kit, 20 rounds of soft-pointed 9.3x74mmR ammunition (which under international law the airman could not fire at an enemy soldier), 20 12-gauge slug shells and 25 12-gauge birdshot shells.
The whole chest weighed 32 pounds, and was intended to be retrieved from the aircraft after it crashed rather than taken as the crew bailed out, thus making it the only survival weapon which faced a stiff challenge to its own survival before worrying about anyone else’s.

It is unlikely that it was ever actually used for its intended purpose: apparently, the issued guns were mostly either used by employees of airbases for hunting. Fighter pilots need constant practice shooting moving targets, cheapest yet effective way is shooting ‘clay pigeons’ thrown targets with a shotgun.

Being a valuable item also made M30 drilling a ‘presentation gun’ used to reward successful pilots.

5 Likes

Por que nos los duos?

Still, could we just get this? We have other also unbelievable sized guns we can equip anyway.

No lo se

1 Like

However, it wouldn’t make sense that Panzergrenadiers don’t fall under the same international law, thus allowing them to use it, so the options presented by this logic would either be remove it from the game or allow pilots to use it.

Maybe have the kit dropped somewhere close after crashing, like paratrooper units and their supply drop.