Is this US half-track real?

Is this thing real? I just found it on Google picture section

Look menacing and perfect counterpart to German werfer tbh

Well seem real enough nice this might anger parrot tho

1 Like

If they delete the calliope and make that the only option then I’ll be perfectly fine with it because the tank has way too much ordinance to spawn trap people with

2 Likes

No, but there’s high chance they’re going to add Pershing with T99 rocket system.

3 Likes

At least it will be stuck in BR V Purgatory where it will never see the light of day

1 Like

i mean yea you are right it is a br5 tank with rocket so that make sense.

1 Like

looks fake to me

The massive rocket rack explodes if you shoot it with AT

After some digging turn out it actually real but problem is the site didnt say if it was ever use so i guess this is extremely rare
https://ww2db.com/image.php?image_id=23942

Yep. It’s real

2 Likes

Probably a one or two prototype modification “just to see” type deal

Still more real than half of the other trees. Lol

1 Like

it could also be a field modification like when that American pilot put bazooka on his recon plane sadly i forgot his name tho

1 Like

It’s real, the Americans would mount every type of M8 rocket rack on basically everything they could find including trucks, half-tracks, jeeps and obviously tanks. However, the trucks, jeeps and half-tracks are unarmoured and otherwise unarmed meaning they would be functionally useless compared to the other rocket vehicles in-game. However, replacing the Calliope is out of the question as other than the Katyusha rocket truck (which would have similar problems to the American rocket trucks so the devs opted for the BM-8 instead), the Calliope is the most iconic rocket vehicle of the war. Not having it but having the other rocket tanks would be like not having a Tiger or not having a P-51.

Oh, also have these other images of xylaphone rocket racks on Jeeps and trucks.
OIP (20)
pnp354068

3 Likes

We didn’t have that type of luxury before the merge and on Xbox that thing was a spawn trapper

I’ve heard the 76 Jumbo was also a field modification

1 Like

We got some odd fascination with making something and then sticking it on everything. Be it the M8 Rocket or the M2 Browning

yep the one i mostly heard about is the M2 stinger a beast of a weapon

Kind of, the guns the Jumbo came with out of the factory could be either, however, the Jumbo was modular enough for the change to be relatively painless, helped by the fact the outer circumference of the 75 and 76 were identical. Most did come out of the factory with the 75 though.

Well if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

3 Likes

Correct, the AN/M2 was a very very good gun.

(good luck figuring out which one I mean)

1 Like

Ah so I was right. Someone had called me an idiot and said they were all always 75’s out the factory and some field upgrades to the 76 happened