Is the SU 100 worth it?

I’ve been attempting to play late tier Soviets ever since I got my drippy Naval Marines awhile back and have just been dealing Tiger 2s after Tiger 2s, I heard the IS 2 (1944) isn’t worth it cuz of its really long reload, so I was wondering if the SU 100 is worth it?

Try it out, the gun is reliable and better than the 122mm for sure

You will have a lot of fun dying from literally any German tank)

1 Like

Except pz4 maybe

It can kill Tiger II H even at long range and it has better armor than T-34-85.

Drawback is that it has no MG so you need to use personal weapon (weapon of the commander) to defend from infantry.

2 Likes

It doesn’t have an MG, so it’s not worth it imho

It definitely isn’t worth it. No turret and no MG isn’t good tradeoff ofr 100mm cannon.

3 Likes

Historically speaking the 100mm gun was the best anti tank gun the Soviets had access to, yet sadly in enlisted it is lacking a bit. Also sadly SPGs and tanks without turrets and MGs are really bad in general.

The Jagdpanther is nice because it has a good mg and a fast reload speed with great HE.

But most other SPGs are suffering.

5 Likes

Not really. In ww2 it had less energy for racking Panther at long distances

Because German actually get great ammo and guns control over soviet cut budget mass production… also the 75mm projectile from Panther can reach around or more than 1000m/s, which can achive flatter trajectory and better ballistic performance in long range

No it’s useless in this game.

su 100 have a better weapon than is2 1944 actually, so, its really a god tank destroyer (dont take tank role, you might be destroyed)

1 Like

i don’t think MG is super important on tanks, if you have HE, so its probably fine

no, it’s not, full stop, don’t do it