Is it possible to create a game mode "Base Assault" with a Mod of Englisted?

Someone here has already suggested and explained what is needed for Base Assault, a game mode from Call of Duty 1.

–Adding the base assault game mode into enlisted–

So the game mode I am going to suggest originally comes from call of duty united offensive I played this game mode a lot when I was younger and I always loved it. I think it would fit very well into enlisted let me explain how this game mode worked and how it would work in enlisted.

–Objective and mechanics of base assault–

So basically each team starts with three bunkers in set locations across the map these bunkers have an outer shell with a certain amount of health that would be able to be destroyed by tanks, explosive packs, explosive anti tank weaponry and rockets.

Once destroyed you would be able to access the enemy bunker by going down into the basement. Once in the basement you would be able to set a charge, you would then have to wait a certain amount of time for the charge to detonate thus destroying the enemy bunker. During this time however the charge would be diffusible by the enemy team.

It would take 20 to 30 seconds for the charge to detonate after being placed. It would take 5 seconds for an attacker to place the charge.

Both teams would have two set spawns, you would not be able to spawn directly onto the bunkers you would also not be able to place spawn points too close to your own or enemy bunkers.

There would be no time limit or tickets, however either one of these could always be implemented but I am not sure if either one should be added or just left out entirely.

–Win and lose conditions–

The round would end when one team has lost all there bunkers, the team that has lost all there bunkers would lose other teams bunkers would be victorious.

–Player and tank limit for each faction–

Tank limit would be increased from 2 to 4 (before someone says this would be overpowered just remember how easy it is to kill tanks in enlisted)

Plane limit would be increased from 2 to 3

Player limit would be increased to 20

Perhaps jeeps and other light vehicles could spawn at certain intervals at there factions respective spawn points throughout the match to give players greater mobility on the battlefield.

–Maps–

Existing maps could be used I’m pretty sure any map with enough open space can be fitted with these destroyable bunkers in order for the game mode to work. It would be on a somewhat larger scale than the other game modes hence the proposed player and tank limit increase.

A bunker model would have to be made.

–HUD–

Icons could be integrated into the lower part of the HUD to keep track of what bunkers on each side are active and which ones are destroyed example below. Please not the doors are not usable

Aside from modding the bunkers to be destructible with a health-bar to its own, pretty much every thing in Enlisted currently is set up for creating a Base Assault game mod.

Can anyone provide any advise on whether it is possible to mod this into Enlisted?

1 Like

This part can be problematic.

3 Likes

just as the lord and savior helper said, what you are trying to achieve,
cannot be done.

because currently we cannot set health for items.

the only way you can do this,
would be through demolition objectives.

meaning that, only the infantry would be able to destroy bunkers by having to be inside said bunker and start the arming / planting the bomb ( just like default demolition mode works )

3 Likes

I didn’t said that :slight_smile:

In theory… It’s possible to make something like it using entities.blk. Destroyed rendinst will creates bomb site capture point after death. And e.t.c… I’ll check some YT videos about this gamemode, because I didn’t touch online COD UO. So don’t really know how it works.

2 Likes

well,

op is specifically asking rendinsts with HP.

something that we don’t have in enlisted.

in order to achieve what he/she is looking for, closely enough, op has to either use demolitions, or yeah, use entities.

but it still won’t be just like the one mentioned/end goal.

1 Like

you can set hitpoints for some walls using property pannel after health is depleated it will dreak but there wont be any ui showing how much health is left players wont know which objectives are avaible for planting, maybe you can create rendist+ capzone so if its broken players will see that capzone disapeared

1 Like

entity{
  _template:t="game_rendinst+domination_box_capzone"
  transform:m=[[-0.999516, -0.01297, -0.000877976] [-0.0129561, 0.998451, -1.13249e-05] [0.000878036, 0, -0.9996] [1142.36, 8.24841, 210.745]]
  ri_extra__name:t="normandy_fence_2000_flat_d_w4000_a"
}

just add “domination_box_capzone” postfix to your walls after destruction of wall objective will disapear so people will know entry to bombsite is possible (to add postfix just find your wall in blk file and edit _template:t= like on example above)
than in property pannel of your “game_rendinst+domination_box_capzone” do folowing steps
change capzone icon to “wall”
and override hit points to set how much hp wall has
change capzone title to make for axample letter “A” on top of wall icon so people know which obective was breached
set captime to 99999 or move objective box under the ground level so it wont be capped

1 Like

It doesn’t work like that, a regular artillery strike will break any building with any HP, sometimes it even removes indestructible objects.

1 Like

maybe entitymodding arty shells will help with that
it also could be multiple thinn walls with the last being the one with capzone postfix
even if arty barrage destroys wall its realistic to be honest

1 Like

in this case, you will need to take into account the damage from: air bombs, bombs and missiles from the player’s planes + take into account the rendering of objects, such walls are visible by default at a distance of about 500 meters, or change the settings via level.blk, but how this can affect the optimization.

I know this post is like one and a half months old but i happen to have a copy of COD united offensive installed on my windows 11
And i am amazed by how many weapons that the game has

And what does this even mean?? Tanks in literally the second call of duty (Cod 2 is actually the third i think)

(Ignore the number up top, its just the fps counter of bandicam running in the background (somehow it can capture this ancient thing))

and then my explorer.exe died

…okay?