Invasion of Normandy missions (completed!)

Currently downloading the game.

Iā€™ve been having a ton of fun play the Normandy campaign. I really enjoy the lack of grind and the pure chaos of storming the beach. I noticed that the American voice lines were fixed so that was a nice change. All in all, a ton of fun. That being said, I have some suggestions/ comments that I would just like to throw out there in case a developer reads this.

As I said, the lack of grind is fun but I do find myself getting bored quickly. Thereā€™s no goal to get to, no weapon or tank to grind to, no incentive to keep playing after that initial ā€œboost of excited and funā€ wears off. I know I donā€™t speak for everyone but I do enjoy having something to be excited about getting and look forward to. So I think that the grind right now should be severely reduced and maybe add more stuff to grind for. I donā€™t want to talk about this too much since this is basically a topic of its own.

kinda wish that we were given access to all the weapons so we can test them but Iā€™m guessing that they arenā€™t ready yet and thatā€™s ok

DETAILS. I think that the reason why Battlefield 5 was still played after all the controversy was the gameplay and the many details of the game. I will give the developers credit though, there are some cool details already like the snail toy store banner and the working clock in the Bf-109 G6 (might also be in P-51 but I donā€™t remember) so I have a constant reminder of how late Iā€™m staying up playing this amazing game. Some cool detail suggestions that I have are:
-when an American calls in artillery support, you can see the ships off in the distance shoot their guns since I doubt America managed to install artillery on d-day
-maybe add a special reload animation for the M1 Garand where the hasty American reloads too quickly and gets M1 thumb (the reload will take the same amount of time, it will just look different to add variety)
-maybe add a ā€œKilroy was hereā€ drawing in certain spots as an easter egg dedicated to the first meme (yes, the Americans used that drawing as a morale booster in ww2 and it indeed was the first real meme and was drawn in certain places in Normandy by recon groups)

As I said, these are just small details and are by no means to be taken as a top priority, just something fun to add to the game that I thought of and wanted to throw out there

Test has been prolonged for 24 hours.

The second test of the ā€œInvasion of Normandyā€ campaign has been completed!

Players have carried out 11,550 Normandy Beach assaults and battles at Le Bre and ChĆ¢teau du Bosq and we have received more than 100 suggestions from you. Most of the participants were positive about the atmosphere recreated in one of the most famous battles of WWII and we now know more about places that need to be reworked and were able to gather the necessary statistics on the balance of the sides and the armaments.

We have already begun to rework the missions and vehicles which will receive improved physics behavior, these additions have definitely been appreciated. Weā€™ll talk more about the work on the campaigns soon, and answer your questions about Enlisted.

Youā€™ve certainly helped improve one of our future campaigns. Thank you!

5 Likes

My own personal opinions:

• The D-Day (Invasion) map should be overcast in my opinion. It would help present a darker, gritty atmosphere which you see in the movies. Some fog would help balance the map a little further since Bipod support was pretty much confirmed (and itā€™s going to be a slaughter once theyā€™re implemented).

• ChĆ¢teau du Bosq needs more cover in some of the fields, spawns could also be a tad closer.

• Le Bre is extremely fun, I love it. Itā€™s a very tight, close quarters map, but I did find this map to be considerably frustrating at times because how the extremely narrow FOV feels. I think all of the maps would look and feel perfect if and when the FOV slider is increased, 90 degrees just feels like Iā€™ve got binoculars strapped to my head and makes some iron sights appear slightly too large when aiming. Uncapping the FOV from 90 to 120 would be perfect, even if there are some bugs with the viewmodels.

• M1 Carbineā€™s rear sight is terrible with the visual recoil effect, itā€™s weird because itā€™s absent from CRSED and the M1 Carbine in that game feels perfect. Just saying the rear sight should chill out.

• One very important thing Iā€™ve noticed in the Normandy playtest is how inconsistent the AI really is, now that weā€™ve seen more troops with semi-automatic rifles and placed them on different terrains. The AI shouldnā€™t be able to see through dense foliage like trees, grass, and even bunkers in some cases. Iā€™m really hoping you devs will be able to make the AI act more consistent in future updates, but this Normandy playtest was a lot of fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bring a no bot mode 50 vs 50 real players !! This would be so cool and make the game true war sim. The appeal would be awesome fo everyone. The squad bot modes are good but to survive this game needs more player count because killing bots will get boring. It already has had an effect on me I been playing hard since December in Xbox series X

2 Likes

The Lone Soldier mode already exists, where it is 25 vs 25 with bots only coming into play when there are not enough players on a side to fill up the teams. The mode is not very popular, though, with it generally being a 5v5 with 20 bots on each side. A 50 vs 50 mode would only be worse.

( as itā€™s not the main point of enlisted, just because itā€™s free, doesnā€™t mean should become the new cod. this is not what enlisted was born for. all of that equipment and technology invested into AI would be than wasted if not used. as one guy said ( canā€™t remember the name unfortunally ) if enlisted will be like any other fps out there being the same, i couldnā€™t care less in it " and i cannot agree more on this statement also because on my end, iā€™m happy to play whenever i can on massive scale battle with bots. sometimes itā€™s relaxing, others challengin. and yes, i might not be the best player for fps. but this is why i donā€™t care, as i seek fun in a game like this. thos, the settings are satisfying too.
so, no offence, but you might are looking for another game, not thise one where bots are the main core)

itā€™s something like vr chat. it has been designed for VR sets. but yes, you can run it also without any vr sets. is it fun? yes. but itā€™s not the same thing. ( if you know what i mean )

commented after cat cuz i felt to add a bit more.
( of course, answering at @71173141 )
but hey, everyone is free to have their opinion ^^

I dont know if Im too late to give this suggestion but semi automatic guns should deal 12dmg as LMGā€™s do. Right now, bolt actions still feel better in most situations especially Normandy where maps are larger and more open field. Also to add that just by putting the LMG on single fire mode, player can get a more damaging semi automatic rifle which makes semi automatics even worse.

Maybe buffing their damage and nerfing their recoil will balance them more

yesterday I was using the SVT sniper and needed 2 headshots to kill an enemy which is dumb because headshots should be granted

1 Like

I would be for lowering their recoil, perhaps also buffing their damage just a little bit.
I personaly found semi automatic weapons very useful during all tests and were pretty much my weapon of choice.
However, at longer distances they feel like pistol with extra recoil, which renders them completely useless for that.
While I want action bolt to outclass auto/semi-auto at longer distances, semi.auto still should stand some chance against them.

1 Like

Bolt actions already deal 14-15 damage and judging from other topics, will probably be buffed even more but semi auto rifles shouldnā€™t deal 8.5 damage (MP-43 deals 8 damage and its fully automatic with no recoil) . 11-12 dmg per shot is completely okay for semi autos and people will still prefer bolt actions for long range

Semi auto rifles were very useful in playtests before Normandy (large maps) came out but also judging from other topics, Moscow will probably get larger in OBT which still makes current semi auto rifles look useless.

1 Like

Isnā€™t Pz4G more vulnerable to bazookas?
Maybe Pz4H and Tiger instead

4G only lacks the turret add-on armor skirts, but in return gets an electrical horizontal turret drive.

Now I do understand G is better than J in warthunder but warthunder is also vehicle only game. Isnt it better to have a tank that will be better against infantry?

Also Panzer 4J could lead to Panzer 4H which I believe is better than both G and J.

The sideskirts on the turret are not strong enough to protect you against a bazooka. However, with the MUCH (5x or so?) faster turret traverse you can be much more responsive to threats, both infantry (the roof MG doesnt have full rotation, and HE exists) and armor.

I dont know, they seemed to work when I was playing on Normandy. Could be RNG

the fact that its pre-selected doesnt helpā€¦ After I found it I only play that mode.