Intel's AI scaling now in Enlisted

We are pleased to announce the implementation of the Intel Xe Super Sampling AI scaling technology in our game. In short — this technology provides a significant performance boost while maintaining high image quality.

HOW XESS WORKS

With Intel Xe Super Sampling, the image is initially rendered in a lowered resolution and then scaled to your desired resolution using AI algorithms. Enlisted players will be able to choose between several Intel Xe Super Sampling presets — focusing on performance, image quality or a balance between the two.

Internal tests have shown performance boosts of up to 50% at 4k resolution in Enlisted with Intel Xe Super Sampling enabled.

Enlisted currently supports Intel Xe Super Sampling on Intel Arc graphics cards, but, when other card vendors integrate this technology in the future, Enlisted will support these too.

12 Likes

Amd FSR 2.1 when?

4 Likes

I didn’t understood anything, but I know it’s good stuff for the game.

12 Likes

Honest :+1:

This

As long as my game doesn’t randomly drop from 100 fps to 8 fps, I’ll be happy.

2 Likes

Very nice, Intel made the right choice on offering XESs to anyone interested, and with the launch of their ARC cards it will help them immensely to have Game Devs putting that technology to use.

Great news!

Gib directx12

1 Like

It’s Intel’s version of FSR

excellent. this will help immensely for those 2 ppl who will have Arc GPU.

Intel: Redefining “Early Summer”

For those who are interested in intel ARC Discrete GPU, see:

Make sure you have CPU with “ReBAR” support. Actually, if you arent so interested in PC DIY, then just forget ARC GPUs.
ARC GPU can break so hard that letting you monitor’s power LED dance like disco.

I do own a 11 gen cpu, but currently rocking a 3060,no reason to upgrade it.

Not now, not in the near future. I m good for many years now.

Not sure how good of a investment is on a arc gpu when 3060s are getting cheaper and do support Prety much everything known to man.

Am I the only one who’s having deja vu while reading this?

The Genesis of Skynet [Terminator 2] - YouTube

These rescaling improvements have no value if it is not to increase the base of players who do not have the latest generation or top gamma graphics, but for those who still play even in something like HD3000 or Integrated Chipset, well if we go to level statistically the number of gamers using 4K monitors is almost negligible. So if the gamer base is using 1080p 1440p or even 900p monitors in pretty much the majority then this upgrade is nothing more than marketing for hardware products. On the other hand, if it allows, for example, rescaling from 480p to 1080p with zero quality loss, it is really useful and convenient for developers and businesses, since the volume of users that can run the game smoothly is greater, and since Enlisted is a game of microtransactions will benefit. On the other hand, if it is only so that a select case, an exclusive group of 0.1% 4K ultra gaming performance players, can play the game at a higher quality, then this type of implementation is nonsense.

The performance goal of any development studio should be, in addition to maximum optimization, to enable ultra-quality gaming by default on as much low- and mid-gamma hardware as possible.

Techniques such as fuzzy rescaling can re-introduce consistent and correct spatio-temporal month data that would make games viable at 340p up to 4k using deconvolution methods. This is run at micro resolution and then rescaled using recursion in the process so that you can even improve the quality of the original output or increase the FPS to 1000 or more.