[Info] Zombies Mode Modding

Nono, send us the whole entities.blk file. Also click on that error it may show us more info about the error.

1 Like

Canā€™t seem to send the entire blk file

You can pack it into zip archeve or change file type to txt and sent here. Or just try to sent all code (Ctrl + A will select it) or itā€™s big?

rename the extension from blk to txt. Like entities.txt. You only need to add paid_loot_item postfix. Unless if its for random box.

scene.rar (5.8 KB)
It works like that. The mp40_1 is all the way at the bottom, itā€™s the last thing i added for now

Oh. You added it in scene.blk file. You need copy scene file and rename it to entities. Then clean all code in entities and write here code for mp 40/1. After all that remove mp 40/1 code in scene.

Okay, i am now getting the mp40/1 without any errors. But i am still not getting any ammo. And i have made a seperate entities.blk

Did you use mp_40_1_zombie_gun_item in random box? or is it still mp_40_1?

Okay, i got that working now. But now the mg45 doesnā€™t get ammo anymore. Atleast the mystery box is now sorted

1 Like

Nice!

Maybe you copied code before I fixed it? I forgot to add ammo_holder__templateName:t="mg_45_magazine" when wrote it for the first time. Full code probably should looks like:

mg_45_magazine{
  _use:t="mg_42_handheld_magazine"

ammo_holder__templateName:t="mg_45_magazine"
  ammo_holder__ammoCount:i=100
}

mg_45_zombie_gun{
  _use:t="mg_45_gun"
  _use:t="gun_with_initial_ammo"
  _use:t="paid_loot_ressuply"
  item__template:t="mg_45_zombie_gun_item"
  item__weapTemplate:t="mg_45_zombie_gun"
  paid_loot__ressuplyCost:i=200

"gun__ammoHolders:array"{
    item:t="mg_45_magazine"
  }
}

mg_45_zombie_gun_item{
  _use:t="item_gun"
  _use:t="mg_45_zombie_gun"
  collres__res:t="mg_45_collision"

_group{
    _tags:t="server"

"gun__initialAmmoHoldersCount:list<i>"{
      item:i=2
    }
  }
}

If i add both of these to the entities.blk, the ammo stops working. If i remove the override, it just has the 50 round drum

From random box? Then you probably didnā€™t add initial ammo/didnā€™t make seperate entity with it. Wellā€¦ Here is full code:

Should works fine.

The mg45 is a wallbuy weapon. But i could replace that with the mg42 and make the 100 round mg45 a mystery box weapon

Much appreciated,
that was what I was missing for the weapon to have ammo, Iā€™m still getting used to how the editor works. I still find enlistedā€™s way of doing custom content strange but Iā€™m getting use to it compared to the many other games I have worked with mods on, its challenging my know how with the way its done and the way itā€™s terminology is but I do like it seems to give me something new to work on.

where is the entities.blk? Thatā€™s the window you press ā€œPā€ on to edit various stats correct? Or is that a external file found elsewhere?

EDIT: I may have found my response to the entities.blk , so copy and edit the Scene.blk file then rename it with the required code edits?

1 Like

I hope it will be easier and clearer in the future.

Yeah. Code in entities.blk is slightly different from the code in scene.blk. Itā€™s about entities/templates while the scene is code that changes the map.

I hope this is the last question, atleast for now. How do i upload both the entities.blk and scene.blk to sandbox.enlisted? No matter what i try, i only seem to be able to upload one. And without the other the map doesnā€™t work properly

kƩp

1 Like

Yup. I just did a public test. And both the mp40/1 and MG45 work from the mystery box. Thanks for all the info.

Enlisted Sandbox // test_Foxy Here you can find the current test version. I donā€™t plan on deleting it, just updating untill i am satisfied enough to actually upload it properly if you are interested

2 Likes

May i also ask,

Is there a way to simply remove jumping in a mod?

I almost finished my zombies mod, but there are spaces which a soldier should not reachā€¦

1 Like

Just set the jump_height to a negative number:

{
                              "statKey" : "jump_height",
                              "statValue" : -0.500000059604645
                           }

Inside the custom profile.

2 Likes