[Info] Zombies Mode Modding

Could someone explain how _replicated and _tracked works? What do they do, to the entities they use?

I’m still trying to figure out the bot problem and i was wondering if _tracked:t="disconnected" entity could help me in any way, if i add it to the player.

For example: (I don’t think it will do anything)

In the following case, i think it tracks the player’s status of being disconnected? If that param becomes true then it does something? That’s how i think how it works but otherwise IDK.

enlisted_visible_base_soldier should not be used as it’s used by base_zombie_armored_soldier.

zombie_mode_soldier{ //or factionname_base_soldier entites
  _override:b=yes
  _tracked:t="disconnected"
  hitpoints__alwaysDowned:b=yes
  _use:t="heal_anim_item"
  _use:t="human_loot_sound_paths"
  item__healTargetAnimEnumName:t="first_aid_revive"
  item__targetUseVisEntityTemplateName:t="germ_syringe_in_use"
  item__reviveAmount:r=5.0
  item__useTimeToTarget:r=5.0
  human_inventory__canSelfRevive:b=no

"still_obstacles__disable:tag"{
  }

"canReviveWithoutItem:tag"{
  }

"canBeUsedOutOfInventory:tag"{
  }
}

Who made the convoy mode?
I really liked it but i think if the spawn protection is removed would be better

1 Like

@tommyZZM made it.

2 Likes

According to feedback, by default, lights don’t really work on bare minimum. To solve this, add the following to the level entity:

"level__renderFeaturesOverrides:object"{
    microdetails:b=yes
    clusteredLights:b=yes
    fullDeferred:b=yes
  }

This will fix lights.

1 Like

Is it possible to make zombies with melee weapons? Trying to give them katanas but zombies with guns don’t work with other types of weapons

It is very much possible:

Put into entities.blk:

zombie_armored_sword{
  _use:t="base_zombie_armored_soldier"
  killLogName:t="Uber Samurai"
  hitpoints__hp:r=70.0
  hitpoints__maxHp:r=70.0
  navmesh_phys__maxWalkSpeed:r=10.5
  "human_weap__weapTemplates:object"{
    melee:t="british_officer_sword_weapon"
  }

"human_weap__weapInfo:array"{

"human_weap__weapInfo:object"{
    }

}

}

}

}
  }

_group{
    _tags:t="server"

"human_weap__template_deps_list:list<t>"{
      item:t="british_officer_sword_weapon"
    }
  }
}
2 Likes

Thanks so much! I didn’t include some lines of code, such as “human_weap__template_deps_list:list”, when I attempted it before. Also found out type_95_shin_gunto and type_95_shin_gunto_weapon are different things :confused:

1 Like

Screenshot 2024-04-26 202322

1 Like

Nice! It looks very cool
Btw guys i am thinking of a mod that can resemble left 4 dead 2. The issue i found is i cant make the zombiespawn points move. I mean they dont have group activate thingy for me to use. I heard that zombies will go for cap zone instead of player. Thats what i want so dont need to warn me

Maybe you can change it in entities.blk and add the attributes:

zombie_spawn_zone{
_override:b=yes
groupName:t=“a”
active:b=no}

1 Like

Good idea. Thanks. But im very busy lately so i might try it a long time later.
So basically i want to make a dead version of the berlin city. Zombies are defending the capture points and people needs to capture them. They can get points from zombies and buy weapons on the way. Just like L4D2, they lose if they all get downed.

Btw i forgot how i can allow zombies to capture the zone. Because i want players to clear all zombies in the zone before it is allowed to be captured (i can do with the capture zone team advantage option so zombies have to be absolutely cleared before the zone is cleared). But i think i heard that zombies wont count as human and theres an option called humanAllowCapzone(i am unable recall the name but it contains the words human and cap)

1 Like

Need add zones_visitor__triggerTag:t="humanTriggerable" to main/all zombies entity.
Code on this topic: Maybe Some Tips to make your zombies missions more playable and avoid laggy

1 Like

Ok i just tried, zombie_spawn_zone ignores active tag and is always active :frowning:
Is there another way to disable a spawn zone or move a spawn zone?

I'm a **** idiot

Now i’m getting this error:

I even added the parameter:

kép

I haven’t touched the spawner or teams for a long time

@Devenddar Caused by an update or something?

If i launch the event mission the same error pops up:

They broke something.

TL;DR: Don’t enable bots in zombies mode.

Huh… It’s on openDev? Because it’s still 0.5.5.49 version. IIRC it was same like a week or more.

Maybe because of bot armies?

I have edited my comment. I’m an idiot.

You can preplace zombies on the battlefield and have zombie spawn zones for another spawn location but I don’t think there is a way unless you make zombies spawn like normal ai because zombies are probably not designed for this. You can change custom bot profiles and put on zombie cosmetics for the soldiers of team 2 but that would take a long time…

Is it possible to use zombie as a defender of a place but still be able to play on other gamemode like invasion or conquest?

Yeah. You can use zombie_spawn_mode with some classic game mode. Or you can create zombies using Create Entity. Currently time zombies without weapons will be fixed in the same place where they were created. Move tool works fine, but not visually. If you want to see where you are moving zombie then clone entity (hold [Shift] and use Move tool) and remove old one.

1 Like

So they will attack on sight ?