Infantry Support Guns Once Again

Since the beginning our main support weapon against enemy infantry have been Anti-tank guns. Obviously it is true that AT guns were supplied with HE ammo for their dual role, but there were weapons specifically designed to combat enemy infantry, Infantry Support Guns

Infantry Support Guns should be added as a basic construct for all Engineers. On the opposite end Infantry Support Guns were also supplied with AT ammo, but I think there should be a more interesting solution.

If both AT guns and IS guns both have AT and HE ammo then what’s the point of building one or the other. But then we see that AT guns are a much better cannon because they have much better armor penetration than the Infantry Support Guns plus with the added perk of HE ammo so there would be no point in building an Infantry Support Gun since the AT gun can effectively fight tanks and lob HE. I prefer more dynamic balancing

HE Shells should be removed from AT guns, therefore you have to choose how you want to support the team. If you want to fight tanks, build an AT gun that is only equipped with AT shells. If you want to fight and lob HE at infantry, build an Infantry Support Gun. Now there is a reason for building one or the other

US: 75mm Pack Howitzer M1

Soviet Union: 76mm Regimental Gun M1927

Germany: 7.5cm leichtes Infanteriegeschutz 18

Japan: Type 92 Battalion Gun

8 Likes

I’ve have to dissagree with this. Its yet another thing that will never be used. People already barely use the AT gun.

I see them commonly enough. AA guns as well

Plus since theoretically AT guns would lose HE, Infantry Support Guns would be a common support tool

Cant wait for people to complain about the HE spam.

There are people that spam AT guns for their HE already. Giving a more powerfull version might become really scary as you could basicly carry a short barrel panzer 4 in your pocket.

bro which br you play, i see many of our me team members using at gun… at gun is best for defence… i play soviet

people will complaint about HE SPAM… but good idea

I don’t know why people complain about “spam”. It’s supposed to be a war game. I love the chaos of battle

Lol you are just creating non existing problem. If there is no point of building infantry support gun, just don’t add it.

The point is that Engineers would have two interesting choices to support the team, building an AT gun or IS gun

It implements a new weapon type with a specific purpose. A new toy for the sandbox. It’s just neat

Lol you are just trying to add some redundant stuff by artificially nerfing existing stuff.
There is no such need in the first place, you are creating the need for the sake of adding it.

really. I must be playing a different game :thinking:

3 Likes

i mean most of games will be dominated by these things, no one will play objective.

1 Like

After this comment I have notice them more. Inwas once blind but now I can see!!!

I still think this is not a good idea

I don’t know why some people are always demanding that a World War II game should not include or downgrade tanks and aircraft, or white phosphorus bombs or other things that can effectively kill infantry.
This is an arms race without crybaby ethics and a brutal meat grinder.
Rather than the so-called competitive FPS
They are completely different types of games